User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado hunter banned from 48 states after poaching spree.....

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    A hunter from Colorado Springs has been permanently banned from hunting in 48 states, including Colorado, after he pleaded guilty to several poaching charges across the state.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife said hearing examiner Steven Cooley decided last week to permanently suspend hunting privileges for Iniki Vike Kapu, 28, after he pleaded guilty, KMGH-TV reported.

Colorado is a member of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact, meaning the lifetime hunting ban also extends to the other 47 member states, not including Hawaii and Massachusetts.

Kapu was accused of killing 12 deer, 2 turkeys and a bighorn sheep ram across three Colorado counties.

Kapu also pleaded guilty to illegal possession of three or more big game animals. He was fined $4,600 and sentenced to six months in jail and three years of supervised probation in Fremont County as part of a plea agreement, officials said. He also surrendered the weapons he used for poaching.

“Iniki Kapu is viewed as a serious threat to Colorado’s wildlife, and his violations are among the worst. The severity and level of indifference for wildlife in this case are rarely seen and cannot be tolerated.”.....snip~

Colorado hunter banned from 48 states after poaching spree (msn.com)

For poaching huh?

So he killed too many deer. Maybe he was feeding an extended family . I can tell you that meat didn't all go in one small freezer! Personally I'm not sure that should qualify for permanent bans in other states. It's not like he killed the last Brontasurus for God's sake. Just more of the control policy
    I get the fines even if there was a little double jep there. Where I'm from the game wardens often looked the other way for a guy feeding his family. But I've never heard of one guy taking over 6-7 in a year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

MMC (03-03-2021)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 701
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,341x in 18,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    So he killed too many deer. Maybe he was feeding an extended family . I can tell you that meat didn't all go in one small freezer! Personally I'm not sure that should qualify for permanent bans in other states. It's not like he killed the last Brontasurus for God's sake. Just more of the control policy
    I get the fines even if there was a little double jep there. Where I'm from the game wardens often looked the other way for a guy feeding his family. But I've never heard of one guy taking over 6-7 in a year.

Rules are rules. They're there for a reason.

If exceptions were made for one, they'd have to be made for another......may as well have no rules at all.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he say why he was bagging so many?

+ Reply to Thread