Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Long Mansplanation of a Short Joke

Many people find it strange that anyone would write a long mansplanation for a short joke. Generally, repeating, let alone mansplaining any joke is frowned upon by most "normal" people. All jokes told by "normals" as well as most jokes told by Autistics have a simple punchline, little meaning, and little substance. A few jokes told by Autistics have important meaning for the autistic and possibly an important meaning for Society as a whole. Some Autistics repeat their jokes many times. In some cases it can be annoying, while in others it may convey a message important for Society and worth repeating.

Blaming all men for the crimes of some men has been acceptable since 1970s and fashionable since 1990s. Now it is more fashionable then ever before. Men are constantly called trash. Men are constantly reminded of the fact that they belong to a birth group which commits more crime. Statements like "I hate men" and even #killallmen are more common and acceptable then ever before. In 2010s it becomes unacceptable for men to object to negative generalizations about their gender and to claims of men's collective guilt. According to the new Societal Norms, men who show offense are the worst.

Some men accept their innate moral inferiority and dare not object (#notallofthem). Most men generally believe in Gender Equality. They disagree with the idea that men are Moral Inferiors or Oppressors. Unfortunately, very few men understand how serious the problem of Misandry is. A Society in which vilification of a birth group is acceptable and fashionable is neither Humane nor Civilized. Very few men of any Political Leaning protest Male Bashing. In many online conversations where this topic comes up, my response is the following:

As a man I am deeply ashamed for the actions of men like Alexander Fleming. The actions of a few men like him is one of the main reasons why all men are viewed as monsters. Nevertheless, it is unfair to blame all men for the actions of the few. The tragedy caused by men like him breaks my heart, but what can other men do about actions of men like him?​

On one hand, my response is somewhat unacceptable to many man. Many men would not dare to defend his gender even in the mildest terms. On the other had, at first glance, the aforementioned response would seem like a weak retort from the majority of men. First, he acknowledges that he feels shame for the actions of bad men. Second, he recognises that the actions of these men cast a shadow on all men. Finally, he tries to persuade those who blame all men that their views are misguided.

Anyone who knows that such argument is not within my style would look up who this male thug and criminal is. Within a few seconds they would learn that Alexander Fleming is a biologist who discovered Penicillin. At this point, the whole argument seems unclear.

In order to understand my point, it is necessary to understand my disagreements with the moderate opponents of male-bashing. First, they view Male Bashing as a misguided response to problems caused by some men. I view hate speech against any birth group is Evil. Notice, that Evil is not a code-word for misguided. In the previous Centuries, Racism was the fashionable and accepted Evil in Western Civilization. Now, Racism is understood to be the evil it is, but Misandry is accepted and fashionable. Second, the arguments of moderate opponents of male-bashers are directed at male-bashers themselves. My arguments may be about male-bashers, but not for them.

The only reason any birth group can be viewed as monsters is that this group has been slandered by bigots. Male Bashing is not caused by any "bad men" -- 100% of male bashing is caused by male-bashers. It should be obvious that 100% of bigotry is caused by bigots. Unfortunately, most people forget or deny the obvious.

Can any men be blamed for male-bashing? About a quarter of all male-bashers are men, and they bear 100% of blame for their own bigotry. Can any man can be blamed for male-bashing by women? To a great degree, Alexander Fleming. Most male-bashers are very promiscuous. While I have nothing against their lifestyle, it is worth pointing out that without Penicillin, the effect of their STDs would have been much more beneficial. Without Penicillin, they would have been too weak to expand energy on male bashing.

Logically I understand that Alexander Fleming is a hero who worked for the best of Humankind. Logically I understand that he could not foresee any negative side-effects to his discovery. But emotionally, it is hard not to blame him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CCitizen For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (03-23-2021)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,259x in 17,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad exercise, now apply the same to "White Privilege" or any other collective labeling popular among the left these days.

And why does "All Lives Matter" Trigger so many?

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Not a bad exercise, now apply the same to "White Privilege" or any other collective labeling popular among the left these days.
    Male Bashing is two orders of magnitude more common then White Bashing.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,009x in 12,235 Posts
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Many people find it strange that anyone would write a long mansplanation for a short joke. Generally, repeating, let alone mansplaining any joke is frowned upon by most "normal" people. All jokes told by "normals" as well as most jokes told by Autistics have a simple punchline, little meaning, and little substance. A few jokes told by Autistics have important meaning for the autistic and possibly an important meaning for Society as a whole. Some Autistics repeat their jokes many times. In some cases it can be annoying, while in others it may convey a message important for Society and worth repeating.

Blaming all men for the crimes of some men has been acceptable since 1970s and fashionable since 1990s. ....
    And that is where I stopped reading. Just another one of your "Oh, poor us men" snowflake threads. If you honestly believe that last sentence, you have obviously read and heard nothing except academic babble and the mutterings of very stupid people for the past x number of years. If it's your mental condition that makes you obsess about such things to the degree that you do, that's too bad, but I'm not going to coddle or humor you because of it.
    "The first thing you want to do after being shot is make sure you are not shot again." - Ace Atkins

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak."
    - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    And that is where I stopped reading. Just another one of your "Oh, poor us men" snowflake threads. If you honestly believe that last sentence, you have obviously read and heard nothing except academic babble and the mutterings of very stupid people for the past x number of years. If it's your mental condition that makes you obsess about such things to the degree that you do, that's too bad, but I'm not going to coddle or humor you because of it.
    Fortunately your generation and my generation do not have to deal with this mentality common among young Liberals. The world we grew up in was very different from Modern World as reflected by TikTok.

We were 15 yo. But we were not surrounded by #killallmen jokes. Modern young men are. Many men are ashamed for taking offense at such jokes.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 03-23-2021 at 07:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread