User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Rep. Matt Gaetz under investigation for sexual relationship with 17-year-old

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Leanne778's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,287x in 1,046 Posts
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report: Rep. Matt Gaetz under investigation for sexual relationship with 17-year-old

Gasp! Wow...the oh so prim and proper Gaetz being accused of having a sexual relationship with an underage child. If true, I wouldn't put it past this sleaze ball. I'd like to see what the righties have to say...."oh the girl is lying", or "it didn't happen" or "Biden made him do it"...some sort of crap like that. I guess we will have to wait and see......

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., is under investigation by the U.S. Justice Department for a sexual relationship he allegedly had with a 17-year-old girl, The New York Times reported Tuesday. The investigation was started in the final months of the Trump administration under then-Attorney General William Barr, the Times reported, and is looking into whether Gaetz, a close personal ally of the former president, violated federal sex trafficking laws by paying for the young woman to travel with him outside of Florida. Gaetz has yet to be charged with a crime.

Earlier Tuesday, Axios reported that Gaetz, who is 38, had told associates he was considering not seeking reelection, possibly so that he could pursue a job opportunity with the staunchly conservative network Newsmax. As other outlets picked up on that story, Gaetz chided one for incorrectly identifying him as a Congressman from South Florida. This article identifies me as a “South Florida” congressman, which I am obviously not.

Gaetz told the Times that while his lawyers have been in contact with the Justice Department, he had been told he is not the target of an investigation.
    I only know that it has to do with women,” Gaetz told the paper. “I have a suspicion that someone is trying to recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends as something more untoward.” In a telephone interview Tuesday evening with Axios reporter Johnathan Swan, Gaetz clarified that he was innocent. "The allegations against me are as searing as they are false," Gaetz said. "I believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to criminalize my sexual conduct, you know when I was a single guy."
    "I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I've dated," Gaetz added. "You know, I've paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not." In December, Gaetz announced his engagement to 26-year-old Ginger Luckey.
    Report: Rep. Matt Gaetz under investigation for sexual relationship with 17-year-old (aol.com)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leanne778 For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (05-23-2021),jet57 (03-31-2021),Now_What (03-30-2021)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a lie, of course.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,377x in 15,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if the allegations have any basis in fact or not, but at least he isn't being accused of sleeping with a Chinese spy.

Let the investigation reveal what it will, but while it is happening, take note that Pelosi, Biden, Schumer... are all doing whatever they can to shield that dumbass Swalwell. They won't even remove him from his committee seats. Feinstein was also compromised by the Chicoms. I don't think she slept with her driver. It would be hard to find a Chinese agent that dedicated to the cause and Feinstein looks like she hasn't had sex since the Norman Conquest, but she was nonetheless compromised.

Why Feinstein has not been removed from the Senate and Swalwell has not been removed from the House is something that should be investigated.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-31-2021),Peter1469 (03-31-2021),RMNIXON (03-30-2021)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,122
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,690x in 17,888 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if the investigation finds he did indeed do this he should be held accountable.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Booman For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-31-2021),RMNIXON (03-30-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,494
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,541x in 17,981 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about we see what credibility the claim has and what evidence first just like we said with Kavanaugh, and not all that hyped "Believe the Victims" mantra coming from the Left Media and people like you.

Why would you think you have a Moral platform to stand on?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    It is a lie, of course.
    How do you know it's a lie?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne778 View Post
    How do you know it's a lie?
    It is an obvious smear. Nothing more.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Tahuyaman (03-31-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    How about we see what credibility the claim has and what evidence first just like we said with Kavanaugh, and not all that hyped "Believe the Victims" mantra coming from the Left Media and people like you.

Why would you think you have a Moral platform to stand on?
    I believe and I have always stated that Kavanaugh did do what he was accused of and in recent developments, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse is asking the new attorney general, Merrick Garland, for a Senate review of the FBI's investigations of Kavanaugh. Whitehouse claims the FBI did not follow up on serious allegations of misconduct during background check investigations. Whitehouse says the FBI's Kavanaugh investigation from 2018 appeared to have been "politically constrained and perhaps fake."

Then President "snake" Trump authorized and FBI investigation into the claim BUT the investigation did not include interviews with Kavanaugh, Blasey-Ford or several key witnesses to the alleged incidents and the report was never shown to the public only to Congress. He also states that the FBI did not assign anyone to gather evidence or respond to witnesses reaching out to testify. The FBI opened a "tip line" for allegations and evidence but never explained how it processed information that came in. What kind of investigation is this??

Whitehouse says the FBI and it's director Chris Wray have repeatedly refused to answer Judiciary Committee questions whether the bureau followed its own procedures for investigations. Whitehouse asks Garland to facilitate proper oversight by the Senate of the Kavanaugh investigation along with several other Justice Department incidents from before his tenure.

I hope, I truly hope, they do reopen this and do find out what a lying sack of sh it Kavanaugh really is.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Leanne778 For This Useful Post:

Now_What (03-30-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    It is an obvious smear. Nothing more.
    I highly doubt it but now he really doesn't have Trump to cover his ass for him if it turns out to be true.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Leanne778 For This Useful Post:

Now_What (03-30-2021)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,643x in 1,279 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanne778 View Post
    I believe and I have always stated that Kavanaugh did do what he was accused of and in recent developments, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse is asking the new attorney general, Merrick Garland, for a Senate review of the FBI's investigations of Kavanaugh. Whitehouse claims the FBI did not follow up on serious allegations of misconduct during background check investigations. Whitehouse says the FBI's Kavanaugh investigation from 2018 appeared to have been "politically constrained and perhaps fake."

Then President "snake" Trump authorized and FBI investigation into the claim BUT the investigation did not include interviews with Kavanaugh, Blasey-Ford or several key witnesses to the alleged incidents and the report was never shown to the public only to Congress. He also states that the FBI did not assign anyone to gather evidence or respond to witnesses reaching out to testify. The FBI opened a "tip line" for allegations and evidence but never explained how it processed information that came in. What kind of investigation is this??

Whitehouse says the FBI and it's director Chris Wray have repeatedly refused to answer Judiciary Committee questions whether the bureau followed its own procedures for investigations. Whitehouse asks Garland to facilitate proper oversight by the Senate of the Kavanaugh investigation along with several other Justice Department incidents from before his tenure.

I hope, I truly hope, they do reopen this and do find out what a lying sack of sh it Kavanaugh really is.

TRUMP said; "Hold my beer!"

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

Leanne778 (03-30-2021)

+ Reply to Thread