Members banned from this thread: testsubjectalpha


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 677

Thread: Watching the Floyd trial, the more videos we see the less I understand why this

  1. #551
    Points: 5,236, Level: 17
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1830
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,923
    Points
    5,236
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    1,171
    Thanked 1,820x in 1,050 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Not one single policeman has justified what Chauvin did, not one. He wasn't trained to do what he did.
    We've only seen the prosecution's case so far. We'll see what the defense's witnesses have to say.

    In any case, considering the full force of the woke media has already convicted Chauvin and the other officers involved, I'm a little suspicious of the other policemen's testimony. If they back Chauvin up, they're likely to find their heads on the chopping block, or worse. Especially considering their administration has already gone into full CYA mode. They are likely doing the same. "What? No, I would never do that".

  2. #552
    Points: 32,851, Level: 44
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,099
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social3 months registeredTagger First ClassOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Sybil Ludington's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5360
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Lansing, KS
    Posts
    6,833
    Points
    32,851
    Level
    44
    Thanks Given
    13,300
    Thanked 5,350x in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Video of George Floyd Played in Trial: “I Ate Too Many Drugs;” Chauvin Likely Headed Towards Acquittal

    https://welovetrump.com/2021/04/07/n...wsletter_randy

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sybil Ludington For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (04-08-2021),Peter1469 (04-08-2021)

  4. #553
    Points: 277,244, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    285658
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    123,043
    Points
    277,244
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    15,316
    Thanked 54,651x in 39,537 Posts
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Can you believe these people?
    Unfortunately I do. We are in trouble
    Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

  5. #554
    Points: 277,244, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    285658
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    123,043
    Points
    277,244
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    15,316
    Thanked 54,651x in 39,537 Posts
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    We've only seen the prosecution's case so far. We'll see what the defense's witnesses have to say.

    In any case, considering the full force of the woke media has already convicted Chauvin and the other officers involved, I'm a little suspicious of the other policemen's testimony. If they back Chauvin up, they're likely to find their heads on the chopping block, or worse. Especially considering their administration has already gone into full CYA mode. They are likely doing the same. "What? No, I would never do that".
    Well, I'm a former Deputy sheriff. I joined my department about the same time Chauvin joined his. My head is not on any chopping block. Chauvin acted improperly given the situation. He acted improperly even in Floyd would have survived the ordeal.

    Had Chauvin and I been in the same department, I would have treated him with disrespect. Every department has jackasses like him. I used to dog people like him.



    Floyd was a dirt-bag, but that doesn't make any difference in this case.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 04-07-2021 at 09:15 PM.
    Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (04-08-2021),carolina73 (04-08-2021)

  7. #555
    Points: 37,701, Level: 47
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 849
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    pjohns's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    12696
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    4,943
    Points
    37,701
    Level
    47
    Thanks Given
    10,870
    Thanked 2,390x in 1,625 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden477 View Post
    Trump supporters presuming to lecture the rest of us about "rioting" - apparently January 6th was all a figment of our imaginations!
    Well, I am a supporter of Donald Trump.

    And I will simply say that rioting is very wrong--whatever it may be in service to. (The rioting last summer and late spring was very wrong; and the rioting on January 6, 2021, was wrong, also.)

  8. #556
    Points: 32,851, Level: 44
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,099
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Social3 months registeredTagger First ClassOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Sybil Ludington's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    5360
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Lansing, KS
    Posts
    6,833
    Points
    32,851
    Level
    44
    Thanks Given
    13,300
    Thanked 5,350x in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derek Chauvin’s Defense Plays Video of Him Kneeling On George Floyd’s Shoulder—Not His Neck

    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202..._content=daily

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sybil Ludington For This Useful Post:

    The Booman (04-08-2021)

  10. #557
    Points: 5,236, Level: 17
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1830
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,923
    Points
    5,236
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    1,171
    Thanked 1,820x in 1,050 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Well, I'm a former Deputy sheriff. I joined my department about the same time Chauvin joined his. My head is not on any chopping block. Chauvin acted improperly given the situation. He acted improperly even in Floyd would have survived the ordeal.
    Okay, message received. Do you think he is guilty of murder? And that aside, do you think he killed Floyd?

  11. #558
    Points: 277,244, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    285658
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    123,043
    Points
    277,244
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    15,316
    Thanked 54,651x in 39,537 Posts
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Okay, message received. Do you think he is guilty of murder? And that aside, do you think he killed Floyd?
    I don't know exactly what crime he should have been charged with. I do know that he did not act within the guidelines of his training, no matter what the defense tries to say. Was that murder or some form of negligent homicide? I would lean toward a form of negligence on Chauvin's part.


    I don't believe he intended to kill Floyd, nor did he think his actions would kill him. He was arrogantly exercising his authority and he got more arrogant while onlookers were taunting him. I witnessed things like that during my time as a deputy. The only diffence was, I didn't just stand back watching. I intervened and stopped a dumb-ass co-worker from making a life changing mistake.

    I think a combination of things killed Floyd. I don't believe Floyd would have died had Chauvin not done what he did. I believe Chauvin significantly contributed to his death. I believe he comitted a crime.
    Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Captdon (04-08-2021),pjohns (04-08-2021),RMNIXON (04-08-2021)

  13. #559
    Points: 277,244, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    285658
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    123,043
    Points
    277,244
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    15,316
    Thanked 54,651x in 39,537 Posts
    Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    Well, I am a supporter of Donald Trump.

    And I will simply say that rioting is very wrong--whatever it may be in service to. (The rioting last summer and late spring was very wrong; and the rioting on January 6, 2021, was wrong, also.)
    If jgarden said 2+2=6 and you corrected him, he'd go to the mat defending his view.
    Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    pjohns (04-08-2021),Sybil Ludington (04-08-2021)

  15. #560
    Points: 5,236, Level: 17
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1830
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,923
    Points
    5,236
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    1,171
    Thanked 1,820x in 1,050 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    I don't believe he intended to kill Floyd, nor did he think his actions would kill him. He was arrogantly exercising his authority and he got more arrogant while onlookers were taunting him. I witnessed things like that during my time as a deputy. The only diffence was, I didn't just stand back watching. I intervened and stopped a dumb-ass co-worker from making a life changing mistake.
    I think a combination of things killed Floyd. I don't believe Floyd would have died had Chauvin not done what he did. I believe Chauvin significantly contributed to his death. I believe he comitted a crime.
    IIRC, at least a couple of the cops there were training under Chauvin, I could understand their hesitance to step in. Boy, were they in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I can't agree with the second paragraph I quoted. I think Floyd was on his way out anyway. I could be wrong about that, but there would be too much reasonable doubt for me to convict. I would not want to be on that jury for any money, however.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

    Sybil Ludington (04-08-2021)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts