Members banned from this thread: testsubjectalpha

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Watching the Floyd trial, the more videos we see the less I understand why this

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    goodpen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,129x in 1,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the Floyd trial, the more videos we see the less I understand why this

officer is on trial. The video's from the officers body cameras that showed up close Floyd on the pavement and the officers knees on the street beside him...not as the EMT...who couldn't see them...said the officers had their "full " weight on Floyd. Floyd had the officers tell him "relax" as well as medical help was on the way.

Floyd had been sitting in his Mercedes van from the time he left the store until the police arrived. Yet when they were trying to put him in the police car he was yelling...I am claustiphobic along with he couldn't breathe. As he sat in his van 2 times store employees went out and asked him to come in and talk to the manager, because he had given them a $20 fake Bill. He didn't talk to them but as the witness said waved his hands around his head and rolled his eyes. When the call was made for the police , the police was told he was "high"...and the clerk who testified said he was "high". Oh yes, and Floyd's friend who was with him in the van and earlier tried to give the store a fake $20 Bill.

Also, when the officers finally got Floyd out of his own van and one was with him on the sidewalk, Floyd said something to the officer and the officer replied...ok sit down.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodpen For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-31-2021),RMNIXON (03-31-2021),Sybil Ludington (04-01-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,494
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,542x in 17,982 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could not believe the major media story I saw early today about the young black store clerk who took the Fake $20.00 in question. It was all about how he felt sorry for Floyd as the ambulance drove him away.

Why is that at all relevant in this trial let alone a major news story?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Sybil Ludington (04-01-2021)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    jgarden477's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 529x in 438 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the Floyd trial, the more videos we see the less I understand why this .....

Apparently not even 4 officers were considered enough to cope with 1 unarmed detainee even after his hands were "cuffed" behind his back, then a knee pressing down on the neck lasting over 9 minutes, for no apparent reason - George Floyd displayed the bad manners of allowing himself to succumb while under their "tender, loving care" - how inconsiderate of him!

Even the Police Department's own dispatcher, who has watched a steady stream of arrests being conducted daily through the officers' body cameras, could sense that this wasn't being handled in a normal manner - which explains as to why she felt obligated to summon her supervisor!
    Last edited by jgarden477; 03-31-2021 at 08:36 PM.
    Leviticus 20:9 - "If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgarden477 For This Useful Post:

jet57 (04-01-2021),ron (03-31-2021)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kook alert
    kook alert
    kook alert

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nathanbforrest45 For This Useful Post:

Sybil Ludington (04-01-2021)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,893
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,651x in 28,241 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodpen View Post
    officer is on trial. The video's from the officers body cameras that showed up close Floyd on the pavement and the officers knees on the street beside him...not as the EMT...who couldn't see them...said the officers had their "full " weight on Floyd. Floyd had the officers tell him "relax" as well as medical help was on the way.

Floyd had been sitting in his Mercedes van from the time he left the store until the police arrived. Yet when they were trying to put him in the police car he was yelling...I am claustiphobic along with he couldn't breathe. As he sat in his van 2 times store employees went out and asked him to come in and talk to the manager, because he had given them a $20 fake Bill. He didn't talk to them but as the witness said waved his hands around his head and rolled his eyes. When the call was made for the police , the police was told he was "high"...and the clerk who testified said he was "high". Oh yes, and Floyd's friend who was with him in the van and earlier tried to give the store a fake $20 Bill.

Also, when the officers finally got Floyd out of his own van and one was with him on the sidewalk, Floyd said something to the officer and the officer replied...ok sit down.
    No bruises in the neck.

My doctor actually demonstrated to me, what you just said. He could not have his full body weight on him in that position.
    However the optics are terrible and no one wants to see Floyd as a drugged out large person that cannot be trusted because of the drugs.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    US Conservative's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,445x in 2,856 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The New York Times is trying to intimidate/dox the jury.

The goal, likely shared by various lefty communist groups is to get it declared a mistrial.

And for the record, no matter whats done the leftists will burn their towns down.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to US Conservative For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (04-01-2021)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ron's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 175x in 146 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodpen View Post

If his weight wasn't on his neck, where was it?

knee-neck-police-01.jpg

Minneapolis-officers-500x330.jpg

The thing that's a killer is he stayed on him for 3 minutes after his partner said he couldn't find a pulse.
    Last edited by ron; 03-31-2021 at 08:51 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ron For This Useful Post:

TheLiquidGuy (04-08-2021)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    goodpen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,129x in 1,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nixon...I felt the store and the employee started the process to protect Floyd from any charges because of the $20 Bill he gave them. When that failed the did call the police. I assume seeing people in that store "high" was rather common, so they acted as they did.

As reported, If there was a large amount of fetanyl along with methamphetyamine in Floyds system what are the affects on behavior? Does that affect the breathing and when one has a heart problem do those affects grow larger?

jgarden..."no apparent reason"??? It was not a choke hold and how would you have restrained a 6'3" man who refused to co-operate in any way?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ron View Post
    I
    The thing that's a killer is he stayed on him for 3 minutes after his partner said he couldn't find a pulse.

That has always bothered me.

It also bothers me that it took so many to hold him down, or even that they thought it was appropriate to hold him down after he stopped struggling against them.

I don't think the cop intended to kill him, but I think what happened was wrong and it indicates a need for better training and better psychological profiles of those who enforce our laws. Most cops are very good, but a handful feel powerful behind their guns and those are the ones who give the rest a bad name.

I'm sure I would not have liked Floyd--from everything I've read, he was a waste of skin and breath. But, I don't like Chauvin either and I'm not sorry he's being held responsible for his actions.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

ron (04-01-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,568x in 94,410 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    That has always bothered me.

It also bothers me that it took so many to hold him down, or even that they thought it was appropriate to hold him down after he stopped struggling against them.

I don't think the cop intended to kill him, but I think what happened was wrong and it indicates a need for better training and better psychological profiles of those who enforce our laws. Most cops are very good, but a handful feel powerful behind their guns and those are the ones who give the rest a bad name.

I'm sure I would not have liked Floyd--from everything I've read, he was a waste of skin and breath. But, I don't like Chauvin either and I'm not sorry he's being held responsible for his actions.
    His actions had nothing to do with Floyd's OD death. He is on trial for bad optics.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (04-01-2021),nathanbforrest45 (04-01-2021),Sybil Ludington (04-01-2021)

+ Reply to Thread