User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: At Least There's No More Mean Tweets...

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,377x in 15,846 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear a lot about Nazi inspired images and I kind of need to say this... The Nazis were if nothing else, great at putting on a spectacle. They did it better than probably anyone else in history. Their use of imagery was at a level that every set designer or graphics designer or publicist wishes he could achieve. If you separate the imagery from the philosophy behind it, it is not surprising that many people in the business of influencing others through the use of images would use designs similar to those used by the Nazis.

How many of those symbols have we seen that we would not even remotely associate with the Nazis if somebody didn't point out the similarity, usually to use as a means to neutralize the effectiveness of the image and attack the person using it?

Years ago, there was a plan in the works to combine all the Special Operations Forces into a separate branch of service under a single command. They asked guys in the Special Operations Community for uniform suggestions, for field, garrison, and dress and interestingly, but not surprisingly, the dress uniform that was chosen looked a great deal like a Waffen SS uniform.

The Nazis were masters of imagery.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (04-03-2021)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Big picture - it encourages investment which drives the economy.

I've heard that I just don't really buy it. It's not like most people can choose to invest in the market instead of earning their money. To me it's just a cleverly writen loophope for the seriously rich. And they are doing very well and don't need any more loopholes. Even if we needed that why not 30% which would still be way better that the top rate that few pay.
    I actually think we should decrease all the brackets and ditch all loopholes. The only thing you could deduct would be what it cost you to make a living. However the government could not function without the control over citizen behavior and the associated payola

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,498
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RichardMZhlubb's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,557x in 3,586 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stop it. Richard... Richard... Richard.... I know that we out here in flyover country don't mean a hill of beans to y'all there in DC; but it really is amazing to me that you can't realize that a huge (big) percentage of people that voted for Joe did so b/c they were tired of Trump's tweets and personality - not his policies. Yes, I know it sells well in the coffeeshops in Chicago and DC and NY and LA; but in the real parts of the country alot of people voted as I said. I know that b/c I've talked to a ton of people that switched. I've read scores of articles on it - and your party and the media focused on it in the run-up to the election. And, no, they don't blame Trump for the pandemic response - as much as you tried.

So, as you guys burn down the country, I sleep with a smile on my facing know At Least There's No More Mean Tweets...
    The majority of voters picked the other guy in 2020 because, unlike the brainwashed idiots who dominate this forum, they understand that Trump was a disaster as president. Don’t give me this flyover bullshlt. Voters throughout the country voted for Biden. Wisconsin, Minnesota, Colorado, Georgia, Nevada, and Arizona are not some sort of out-of-touch elites.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    What is unearned income? Are you referring to capital gains? If so, calling it unearned income is a misnomer.

When you invest your money you can lose, even it all. It is risky. Long term capital gains are taxed at a lower rate to encourage people to accept that risk.

I took $10K of my own money to invest myself outside of my financial advisor. It turned into $0 dollars inside of two years.

Sounds like you bet on alongshot that may have paid off big but didn't. I mean outside of spectulative you can invest in the market with little chance of losing it all. If the top 1% get too much of the wealth well when they had the most the market crashed , the real one in 29.
    I'm just saying this does not have to be all one way or the other. BTW, unearned income is a tax term not my term.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now corporate taxes are plain bull$#@! all the way. Paid of course by the consumer. And hostile to manufacturing. The federal tax code could and should be less than 20 pages.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,929
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,648x in 28,238 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I've heard that I just don't really buy it. It's not like most people can choose to invest in the market instead of earning their money. To me it's just a cleverly writen loophope for the seriously rich. And they are doing very well and don't need any more loopholes. Even if we needed that why not 30% which would still be way better that the top rate that few pay.
    I actually think we should decrease all the brackets and ditch all loopholes. The only thing you could deduct would be what it cost you to make a living. However the government could not function without the control over citizen behavior and the associated payola
    1) Double taxation. You are taxing the corporation on profits. Then you tax the same profits when they are provided to the individuals, which is the only way that any profit is really realized.
    So the sum of the tax paid is the corporate rate + Capital Gains.
    Salaries are expensed before profit is calculated so it reduces profits.

2) The Capital Gains rate is taken as personal income if it is short term (less than half the year). If your hold an investment for more than a year then you have to realize that these profits are not based on an annual basis. So if you make a 15% profit over three years then you really only made 5% year 1, 5% year 2 and 5% year 3. With artificial interest rates this explanation is harder to sell but under real market conditions you could to do better putting the money in the bank or in bonds and people stop taking risk by investing. Currently we have inflation over 6% with interest rates at about 1/2%. The Fed is literally stealing your savings from you to force you to invest.

There should be no corporate taxes and a higher Capital Gains = equivalent countries. Corporate taxes should be replaced by a national sales tax.
    Last edited by carolina73; 04-03-2021 at 08:57 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-04-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,494
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,541x in 17,981 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To rephrase the OP:

President Trump is gone and the left are happy people full of compassion!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (04-03-2021),The Booman (04-03-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,033x in 24,872 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post
    The majority of voters picked the other guy in 2020 because, unlike the brainwashed idiots who dominate this forum, they understand that Trump was a disaster as president. Don’t give me this flyover bullshlt. Voters throughout the country voted for Biden. Wisconsin, Minnesota, Colorado, Georgia, Nevada, and Arizona are not some sort of out-of-touch elites.
    Don’t piss on my head and tell me it’s raining. They did not vote for this far left horse$#@!. They largely didn’t vote against Trump’s policies. I stand by my post. Get out DC and see the real USA.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,122
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,690x in 17,888 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right! There are no more mean tweets aside from the ones that keep popping up from Biden's cabinet nominees' twitter accounts. What do we get in place of the mean tweets? Well, we're not really sure who the president actually is. We have Joe Biden giving fake press conferences in front of green screens and his first official meeting with the press took two months to plan, the questions submitted in advance and a cheat sheet on who to call on. We have the border non crisis where thousands of illegals are not being dumped into towns across the nation and are not being housed in facilities too small to accommodate all of them because the border is actually closed. Pay no attention to the smugglers dropping children over a 14 foot wall. Trump did that. Kamala Harris has been assigned to fix the non crisis at the birder and her first course of action was to not visit the border. Meanwhile the secretary of transportation and sanctimony is going to fill all our potholes and fix our bridges by combating climate change and the systemic racism that never was.
    Doctor Jill is butchering Spanish and still leading Joe by the hand any time they leave the white house. She's a doctor you know. She must be the architect of the humane border policies we now have. Speaking of the border why is it if we citizens leave the country we have to show proof of a negative Covid test to reenter whereas the illegals who come here do not have to and are giving free hotel rooms and transportation all over the country? How about that debt? Trump did nothing to address it like his predecessors. Joe being the consummate plagiarist decided to simply copy them all. Bernie Sanders has been named head of the department of printing press management.

But hey, no more mean tweets...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Booman For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (04-04-2021)

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,562
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,991x in 18,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post

A handful of people did vote for biden....the rest were fabricated/fake votes submitted by people who were dead, didn't exist, weren't eligible to vote in this country..........etc.

It's funny how you and people like you, can keep repeating that nonsense about biden winning, without breaking out into fits of hysterical laughter.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (04-04-2021),MisterVeritis (04-22-2021)

+ Reply to Thread