36 years ago yesterday, the original Air Jordan 1s were released for $65 a pair...

The first Air Jordan was produced for Michael Jordan during his time with the Chicago Bulls in 1984 and designed by Peter C. Moore.[7] The red and black colorway of the Nike Air Ship, the prototype for the Jordan I, was later outlawed by then-NBA Commissioner David Stern for having very little white on them (this rule, known as the "51 percent" rule, was repealed in the late 2000s[8]).[9] After the Nike Air Ship was banned, Michael Jordan and Nike introduced the Jordan I in colorways with more white, such as the "Chicago" and "Black Toe" colorways. They used the Nike Air Ship's ban as a promotional tool in advertisements, hinting that the shoes gave an unfair competitive advantage.The Air Jordan I was originally released from 1985 to 1986, with re-releases (known as "retros") in 1994, 2001–2004, and 2007 to the present. Along with the introduction of the Retro Air Jordan line ups, the brand has elevated to a household notoriety with star-struck collaborations and unique limited releases.

Jumpman_logo.svg.png

Ex5aAYOW8AAEI-F.jpg

Ex5aAYUWUAIteux.jpg

Ex5bzlIW8AA6Ren.jpg

220px-74892143_f94145facb.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Jordan