User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Key figure in Matt Gaetz probe likely cooperating with federal prosecutors

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,059
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,031x in 1,735 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    *I wonder why there were no sanctions against the lawyers who supposedly withheld "evidence".

No sanctions? I guess it's time to recite line 5 of the creed, huh?*

It might behoove you to try a keep up, again, the Durham investigation.

Your last paragraph is nothing more than a partisan rant. Dismissed.
    When a lawyer deceives the court, justice is swift. After all, the judge is sitting right there. There is no need for an outside investigation. That is, unless it's unclear the lawyer deceived the court.

You were adamant that prosecutorial misconduct clearly took place. The lack of sanctions tells us otherwise. So now you defer to Durham, as if this is in even in his scope. Assuming it is, I am gonna go out on a limb and bet he will disappoint you. It falls on the judge to deal with such misconduct, not Durham.

Did your teachers hate you in school too?

“Just say the election was corrupt and leave the
    rest to me and the Republican congressmen”
    --Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    When a lawyer deceives the court, justice is swift. After all, the judge is sitting right there. There is no need for an outside investigation. That is, unless it's unclear the lawyer deceived the court.

You were adamant that prosecutorial misconduct clearly took place. The lack of sanctions tells us otherwise. So now you defer to Durham, as if this is in even in his scope. Assuming it is, I am gonna go out on a limb and bet he will disappoint you. It falls on the judge to deal with such misconduct, not Durham.

Did your teachers hate you in school too?
    I haven't deferred to anything. The DOJ handed Judge Sullivan the withheld exculpatory evidence. He sat on it for months, even the DC appeals court told him to make a decision "with all dispatch", he declined. The case should have been dismissed.

It's in Durham's hands now, we'll see.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,438
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,556x in 17,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pray tell, how many Republicans do you know in this forum that have ever admitted being wrong?

I cannot say I have ever seen one of you admit being on the wrong side of an argument. I suspect this is something you have all learned from Trump. Never admit being wrong. Never apologize. Just double down.

Take this argument for instance. I just pointed out a clear case of "witness intimidation" by Gaetz. Go look at the tweet. Carolina comes back and tries to tell me that the MSM and BLM also engage in witness intimidation. He is saying the MSM is threatening witnesses??? BLM is threatening the medical examiner, for instance? Really? See post#38

Then, without even having followed the conversation, you jump in and act like *I* am the unreasonable one. Are YOU gonna admit you were wrong to do that? Don't worry. I am not gonna hold my breath.
    Once again your interpretations are not facts and Tweets are social media venting not witness intimidation to any SANE person.

Your problem is anyone who does not agree with your ranting is depicted as wrong with alarming consistency, and if they don't beg forgiveness they must be accused of not admitting being wrong seems to be the reply.

That the MSM is taking political sides in legal matters is also more than obvious whatever you call it. The result is clear enough that a political agenda is more important than justice for a person on trial. Reminds me of Founder John Adams defending the British Officer accused in the Boston Massacre in spite of what the street MOB demanded. And he WON that case. Not so sure with todays left representing Americans.

Your whole attitude is childish in nearly every thread I see you post in.

And yes I have admitted mistakes in this forum and others. Not that your false opinion matters.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-11-2021)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Once again your interpretations are not facts and Tweets are social media venting not witness intimidation to any SANE person.
    That's ridiculous. Communication is communication. It's the content of the message that is important. not the media.If I threaten you by phone instead of by classified ad, It's a threat all the same.

Your problem is anyone who does not agree with your ranting is depicted as wrong with alarming consistency,
    This observation of yours applies equally to both sides. Each side present arguments to depict the other as wrong. This is the process of debate. Nothing wrong with it.

and if they don't beg forgiveness they must be accused of not admitting being wrong seems to be the reply.
    "beg forgiveness" ? Neither side does that. You're making things up now.

That the MSM is taking political sides in legal matters is also more than obvious whatever you call it. The result is clear enough that a political agenda is more important than justice for a person on trial.
    That may or may not be. Perhaps you should start a thread on that topic. Thats not what I am talking to carolina about. My position is that what Matt Gaetz did was witness intimidation and what the MSM and BLM do is not witness intimidation.

Reminds me of Founder John Adams defending the British Officer accused in the Boston Massacre in spite of what the street MOB demanded. And he WON that case. Not so sure with todays left representing Americans.

Your whole attitude is childish in nearly every thread I see you post in.
    I am sure you don't realize that your view also appears that way to me. Maybe something in the middle is closer to the truth? Any chance of that?

And yes I have admitted mistakes in this forum and others. Not that your false opinion matters.
    Congratulations. admitting mistakes is rare skill in this forum.

Now tell me. Have you ever changed your opinion on a topic after debating it?

--Donald Trump

Speaking to the Justice Department on Dec. 27, 2020. Conversation memorialized in then-acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue’s contemporaneous notes.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My position is that what Matt Gaetz did was witness intimidation and what the MSM and BLM do is not witness intimidation.

So this is now your "position" is it?

Not what I was reading previously.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now tell me. Have you ever changed your opinion on a topic after debating it?

I am still uncertain about officer Chauvin? The extent of his potential guilt or the quality in his character as an individual police officer?

What I will not participate in is the Left Mob "Systemic Racism" nonsense. I can examine these things without obvious political agendas.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 2,078
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,702x in 17,896 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we have found the one topic liberals are willing to discuss...

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is now your "position" is it?

Not what I was reading previously.
    read better or quote me saying otherwise.

--Donald Trump

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still uncertain about officer Chauvin? The extent of his potential guilt or the quality in his character as an individual police officer?
    Some people want to hang him. Some want to promote him. Those who came to such conclusions early on are beyond reason. They have other agendas.

I dont think anyone believes Chauvin intended murder. In a vaccuum, I would say that means he shouldn't be punished as a killer. But his thoughtlessness caused needless, horrific suffering. George cried out for his mom in his dying minutes. That thoughtlessness must carry a penalty to remind others that they are dealing with real people, not objects. I am thinking not less than 20 months, and not more than 3 years (Assuming it were possible to determine that there was no intent.)

What I will not participate in is the Left Mob "Systemic Racism" nonsense. I can examine these things without obvious political agendas.

When you hear someone speak of "systemic racism", what does do you think they mean?
    Last edited by TheLiquidGuy; 04-10-2021 at 09:28 PM.

--Donald Trump

+ Reply to Thread