User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Psychological Aspects of "The racism racket"

  1. #11
    Points: 50,320, Level: 54
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredSocial50000 Experience Points
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    16370
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    20,146
    Points
    50,320
    Level
    54
    Thanks Given
    18,438
    Thanked 16,362x in 10,501 Posts
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I can accept a general level of (1). You react unconsciously to those who are like you more positively than those who differ. I react more positively to a family member than I do to a stranger. I react more positively to someone who looks like me, sounds like me, acts like me than I do to those who differ. It's not about race particularly, or just about race, though race can play a part. And I think (1) is biological, (2) learned.
    Is not as much who looks like you but experience and statistics
    It is risk/trust assessment

    A black kid will be more afraid of walking though a crowd of other black kids at night than a group of old white woman.

  2. #12
    Points: 526,071, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    408755
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    165,074
    Points
    526,071
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    19,905
    Thanked 56,330x in 40,133 Posts
    Mentioned
    1800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Is not as much who looks like you but experience and statistics
    It is risk/trust assessment

    A black kid will be more afraid of walking though a crowd of other black kids at night than a group of old white woman.
    Those psych studies do show attraction to the familiar, aversion to the strange in infants, of a general sort. But yes people do learn it from experience. As a kid living in the far suburbs of Chicago, I'd go into the city and walk everywhere, right through black neighborhoods without fear because I'd never experienced any cause for fear. Nowadays I'd steer clear of kids in their 20s, white, black or brown, too maany drugs on the street.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    MMC (04-13-2021)

  4. #13

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 139,652, Level: 90
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 3,398
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    340855
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    N. Pole and VA
    Posts
    30,166
    Points
    139,652
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    3,981
    Thanked 17,979x in 11,457 Posts
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Those psych studies do show attraction to the familiar, aversion to the strange in infants, of a general sort. But yes people do learn it from experience. As a kid living in the far suburbs of Chicago, I'd go into the city and walk everywhere, right through black neighborhoods without fear because I'd never experienced any cause for fear. Nowadays I'd steer clear of kids in their 20s, white, black or brown, too maany drugs on the street.
    Research is generally showing that infants begin showing racial preference around 6 months, which coincides with developing visual acuity around 5 months. It is impossible to actually know about preference of a factor that infants cannot assess for (sort of like asking a deaf person if Bach is any good). Somewhat similarly, most infants, including those being included in these studies, are exposed primarily to individuals of the same race (their family). It would be interesting to look at maybe adopted or fostered infants in a home with guardians of a different race, but then attachment might be impacted and harm the results.
    FYIWDWYTM

  5. #14
    Original Ranter
    Points: 253,319, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    405256
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    100,743
    Points
    253,319
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    20,806
    Thanked 42,200x in 29,093 Posts
    Mentioned
    1001 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I can accept a general level of (1). You react unconsciously to those who are like you more positively than those who differ. I react more positively to a family member than I do to a stranger. I react more positively to someone who looks like me, sounds like me, acts like me than I do to those who differ. It's not about race particularly, or just about race, though race can play a part. And I think (1) is biological, (2) learned.
    This is just another rear guard action in the (very) long retreat from the heavily ideological (and largely Jewish) social science of the 1950s and 1960s.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.


    ~Alain de Benoist


  6. #15
    Points: 526,071, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    408755
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    165,074
    Points
    526,071
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    19,905
    Thanked 56,330x in 40,133 Posts
    Mentioned
    1800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    Research is generally showing that infants begin showing racial preference around 6 months, which coincides with developing visual acuity around 5 months. It is impossible to actually know about preference of a factor that infants cannot assess for (sort of like asking a deaf person if Bach is any good). Somewhat similarly, most infants, including those being included in these studies, are exposed primarily to individuals of the same race (their family). It would be interesting to look at maybe adopted or fostered infants in a home with guardians of a different race, but then attachment might be impacted and harm the results.
    See the OP. None of those studies are reliable. Especially when it comes to racial studies.
    Edmund Burke: "In vain you tell me that Artificial Government is good, but that I fall out only with the Abuse. The Thing! the Thing itself is the Abuse!"

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    MMC (04-13-2021)

  8. #16
    Points: 15,272, Level: 29
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    rcfieldz's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    15490
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,862
    Points
    15,272
    Level
    29
    Thanks Given
    53
    Thanked 687x in 561 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will America have a 2nd Civil War...Will it look more like a holocaust for...?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts