Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,556x in 17,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    No, but obviously you have.

I don't know what it costs to live where you are, but where I live, the stimulus funds would pay about a months worth of bills and that's it. Of course if you live in a double-wide and your l eating dog food and crackers, then maybe you don't have to work.
    It was not hard to understand I was talking about the additional Unemployment benefits. For a Labor Union Hack your not good at playing the fool.
    Last edited by RMNIXON; 04-16-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    It was not hard to understand I was talking about the additional Unemployment benefits. For a Labor Union Hack your not good at playing the fool.
    Your response makes it easy to understand why conservatives have gone downhill in this country. Keep up the good work, your helping the left achieve their goals.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    I have to wonder how effective 'But COVID' will be with some landlords. Past bad deeds and all that. Does it go on the records as an 'eviction' if they do a midnight run? For some landlords, it's not worth the hassle.

Back a about 10 years ago, my boss decided it would be an interesting money maker to own a 21 unit townhome complex. I have to think we barely got a taste of what some landlords go through. Just like a boat, Two best days were buying, and selling.
    I will never rent my property to a rent cheat. I will watch them be homeless and take joy in it first.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (04-24-2021),MisterVeritis (04-24-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Inflation Rears Its Ugly Head, Here’s Why You Should Be Worried

As the COVID-19 panic slowly recedes across America, you’ve probably noticed that you’re paying more at the pump. Indeed, the national average for regular-grade gas price has risen more than 34 percent, from less than $2.00 a year ago to $2.68 lately. There are several reasons the gas price has spiked up, including the production problem caused by the harsh winter, increasing consumer demand as the country reopens, and one other sinister culprit: inflation.

Inflation is an economic phenomenon that sees a steady rise of prices for goods and services eroding purchasing power — or you can buy less with the same amount of money. Economists usually pay close attention to the inflation rate, or the rate general prices increase. In the United States, the inflation rate is usually measured by the Consumer Price Index, a mathematical tool that measures the prices change for a selected basket of goods and services.

Since inflation is a process and not an end-state, it doesn’t seem too bad in the beginning. As prices for goods and services gradually rise, those who are employed demand higher wages in turn. Employers will usually comply because the early stage of inflation is often associated with booming economic activities and a tightened labor market. So, while workers will usually get the higher wages they demanded, they will typically also have to pay higher prices for things they need or enjoy as businesses find various ways to pass the cost of wage hikes unto consumers.

When consumers notice their money is losing value, it gives them an incentive to spend more and buy more stuff now rather than holding cash. As a result, both consumer spending as well as business investment will increase. Such increases will, in turn, stimulate further economic growth.

The Disastrous Effects of Inflation
    Read about the disastrous effects at the link.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,512x in 16,036 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Everyone is raising prices. Prices for materials are going from a minimum of 6% to 50% increases.
    We are increasing prices accordingly with an original 6% increase and an additional 4% that is now unavoidable. Shortages of labor, due to the idiots that pay people to stay home is limiting capacity. Some people are happy to just collect a check and do not care if you offer them more to work.
    I can see prices being 20% higher by year end.
    after the Covid bump recovary ends we may be headed into a period of stagflation which is inflation with no growth. to me that is the scenario with the highest probability of occurence
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (04-24-2021),Peter1469 (04-24-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Costs Are Up, Up, Up. We're Seeing Substantial Inflation" Admits A Surprised Warren Buffett As Powell, Yellen See Nothing

Speaking to Berkshire's millions of shareholders on Saturday, Buffett said that he was surprised by the “red hot” US economic rebound and warned the company was being hit by inflationary pressures."We’re seeing very substantial inflation," the 90-year-old billionaire who apparently does not have a Fed charge card, said in his nearly 6 hour long address to investors. But it's what he said that was especially ominous: “It’s very interesting. We’re raising prices. People are raising prices to us and it’s being accepted.”
    Why does this matter? Because the ability to pass on price increases and have them stick, means the surge in prices will not be transitory, no matter how many times the Biden admin, the Fed or the Treasury lie and vow the opposite.
    Buffett's comments came one day after the US revealed that household incomes rose by the most in recorded history in March as the latest round of Biden stimmies hit bank accounts.

This has also pushed the total amount of government transfer payments to a record 34%. That's right: a third of all US household income is now from the state. Marx would be proud.

The surge in income which for now has resulted in record excess savings of roughly $2 trillion, has sent reverberations throughout financial markets, with investors’ inflation expectations over the next decade rising to an eight-year high.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread