User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Republicans should support taxing large companies at a very high rate.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    Technically, it would be just exercising its right, as a private employer.

But I would still consider that to be reprehensible.

(Of course, I would imagine that it would manufacture another "reason" for the firing, simply to avoid a court challenge.)
    Unless they were represented by a labor union and in that case they would most likely have to prove "just cause" in front of an arbitrator in order to terminate the employee.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (04-17-2021)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Now_What's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,704x in 2,288 Posts
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Does no blue wave upset me? That makes no sense.

Stealing the election? Isn't that the big lie? I think you're confused.

Like a child you see things personal and emotional. Let the grownups talk politics, will you.
    Of course the term “blue wave” is subjective. But you felt threatened by the term enough to bring it up.

The “stolen election” thing didn’t pan out. But it’s a coping mechanism for you, so stick with it if it helps.

LOL, nothing about what you type says “grown up”. But it’s endearing that you think differently. Haha.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Now_What View Post
    Of course the term “blue wave” is subjective. But you felt threatened by the term enough to bring it up.

The “stolen election” thing didn’t pan out. But it’s a coping mechanism for you, so stick with it if it helps.

LOL, nothing about what you type says “grown up”. But it’s endearing that you think differently. Haha.
    People cope in different ways. Some adopt a sock to hide a former incarnation when the heat gets too hot.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (04-17-2021),Chris (04-17-2021),pjohns (04-18-2021)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,900x in 54,717 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Now_What View Post

But you felt threatened by the term enough to bring it up.
    Why do you feel the need to make up strawmen about what others think or feel? The only way you know what I think or feel is by my words, but you cite no such words that indicate I feel threatened by blue wave.

Blue wave was a prediction by the left and media of a great victory for Democrats that never materialized. The predictions didn't pn out. That's factual.

You were the one brought up that when you said "I would say stealing the White House, House and Senate in two years is absolutely a blue wave." You were the one claimed the election was stolen. Are you now sayng that's a coping mechanism for you?

nothing about what you type says “grown up”.
    Another one of your twisting words. I pointed out how you approach discussion here as something personal and emotional. An example of that is you insisting I feel threatened or I'm coping. Everything you post attempts to elicit or claim some emotional response. In short, you're trolling for that, and failing to achieve it. That behavior is childish.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-17-2021),pjohns (04-18-2021)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    In the same way, conservatives can be quite guilty of political correctness; they simply like to define the term in such a way that they can't be said to be guilty of it.
    1) Firing an employee for attending Gay Pride Parade is not called Political Correctness -- it is called Pious Correctness.

2) Number of people whose careers have been destroyed by Politically Correct Liberals exceeds the number of people whose lives have been destroyed by Piously Correct Conservatives by a factor of several hundred.

3) Most Orthodox Jewish Rabbis are not Piously Correct -- they do keep all 613 Laws of Torah, but they do not shun members of their congregations who keep part.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CCitizen For This Useful Post:

pjohns (04-18-2021)

+ Reply to Thread