User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How much are voters from team Dem willing to pay for their choices?

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,650x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    Wow, someone _really_ wants my attention.

Have fun playing with your own strawmen, I won't. If that enrages you, so much the better.

Let's address some of your other stuff.

By definition, I can't be in a cult, because I'm in the vast majority, and all the hard data backs me up. You're a fringe minority and the data contradicts you, which makes you the cultist.

You are free to not be vaccinated. You just have to act like a grownup and accept the consequences of that. I think that's what enrages you. After all, the whole point of being a conservative is to never have to face any consequences for your actions. By definition, no matter what you do, it's always someone else's fault.

COVID is regional. The blue states have it on the decline, the red states see it increasing. That indicates what the blue states are doing works, and what the red states are doing fails.

So the rational point would be that vaccines and precautions work.

1) WTF?
    2) You are NOT in any majority you only think you are because of MSM but in reality probably less than 10% think as you do.
    3) The government forcing you to put something in your body or not be able to work or move freely is not "FREE" and not Constitutional. It also smacks of totalitarianism
    4) So? Maybe megacities and public transport, population density should be looked at before the real killer virus steps forward. NYC, lockdowns and all screwed the rest of the state.
    5) Kids don't need measures and and vaccines in general they are THANK GOD ( I think we'll agree on that) not very suseptible to serious COVID. About the same death toll as they experience from Flu. Each one too many of course. As to vaccines yes they work well enough where the vaccinated have little to fear from the unvaccinated statistically. Stressing out about the unvaccinated once you are vaccinated is the equivelent of societal hypochondria.They should be more concerned about driving slower. Therefore no need to force anyone to put anything in their body. Remember "my body my choice"? Another problem made worse by intrusive government which personal choice could have solved better.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,545
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,153x in 28,538 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You avoided the point, which is that your side is using the big lie technique to define any talk about racism as "CRT', and then passing laws banning the teaching of CRT, thus making it a criminal act to talk about racism.

Stalin would have approved of your censorship lust.
    School is for reading, math, science...

School is not for promoting the left's social causes.

Stick to the program and we can spend half as much and put US schools back on top.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

donttread (09-30-2021)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,080x in 797 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    2) You are NOT in any majority you only think you are because of MSM but in reality probably less than 10% think as you do.
    The places you hang out are conservative SafeSpaces, giving you a distorted view of reality.

3) The government forcing you to put something in your body or not be able to work or move freely is not "FREE" and not Constitutional. It also smacks of totalitarianism
    Strawman, as the government isn't doing that. Now, your side's spreading such propaganda, up to the point of demanding that private companies be forced to spread your PartyPropaganda, that smacks of Stalinism.

4) So? Maybe megacities and public transport, population density should be looked at before the real killer virus steps forward. NYC, lockdowns and all screwed the rest of the state.
    So since COVID spread is so very strongly correlated with red state policies, you want everything except that highlighted.

As to vaccines yes they work well enough where the vaccinated have little to fear from the unvaccinated statistically. Stressing out about the unvaccinated once you are vaccinated is the equivelent of societal hypochondria.
    We predicted worse variants of COVID would arrive.

We were right.

We're predicting the current plague among the unvaccinated will bring about worse strains. And our record of successful predictions is solid, being that it's based on solid science.

They should be more concerned about driving slower.
    Fallacy of ... some kind. "This problem is supposedly worse, so all other problems should be ignored!"

Therefore no need to force anyone to put anything in their body.
    As we keep saying, you are free to keep playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes. You just have accept the consequences of your freely chosen actions. For example, just as the shoeless are not a protected class, neither are the unvaccinated, and businessesw are free to exclude them.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,545
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,153x in 28,538 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The plague. LOL

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The places you hang out are conservative SafeSpaces, giving you a distorted view of reality.

Strawman, as the government isn't doing that. Now, your side's spreading such propaganda, up to the point of demanding that private companies be forced to spread your PartyPropaganda, that smacks of Stalinism.

So since COVID spread is so very strongly correlated with red state policies, you want everything except that highlighted.

We predicted worse variants of COVID would arrive.

We were right.

We're predicting the current plague among the unvaccinated will bring about worse strains. And our record of successful predictions is solid, being that it's based on solid science.

Fallacy of ... some kind. "This problem is supposedly worse, so all other problems should be ignored!"

As we keep saying, you are free to keep playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes. You just have accept the consequences of your freely chosen actions. For example, just as the shoeless are not a protected class, neither are the unvaccinated, and businessesw are free to exclude them.

2) The entirety of MSM is a safe space for ultra libs like yourself so you also have a skewed view.
    3) OK help me understand your position. IMO your comment here that government is not forcing such choices is so wrong as to be disingenuous Because I live in NYS and know people our state governor just put in the position of accept vaccine or lose your job. That is most certainly NOT propaganda to them. Some of them have helped with COVID from day one and now are cast aside despite the staff shortages it causes. Also NYC you need your papers to see a play or go out to eat, in other words to move freely about. Oddly that practice doesn't seem to disenfranchise anyone. Only when it effects voters. Also why no exemption for COVID recovered with better immunity than the immunization cxan provide?
    5) What are you basing those predictions on? Why now instead of when everyone was unvaccinated? Have lockdowns simply kept the virus around long enough to change? How do you suppose you've been right? All the varriants so far have been 90 % half truth hype. I'm predicting a worse varriant too, becauise power and because money. When pharacutical CEO's said "maybe one booster in 3-5 years" I told my wife boosters would be here sooner. Because money
    6) Sigh I am trying to help you understand the mathmatical threat that vaccinated people face which is less than they do in their cars.
    7)Those cvonsequences are man imposed against our rights and I will NEVER accept that and it saddens me that you do. Also I am vaccinated but still support the rights of others to choose. And no they are not truly free to chose because their kids need to eat.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mamooth's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,080x in 797 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    2) The entirety of MSM is a safe space for ultra libs like yourself so you also have a skewed view.
    The media is still propping up the Republicans on most issues, because the media is mostly owned by conservative corporations.
    3) Because I live in NYS and know people our state governor just put in the position of accept vaccine or lose your job.
    Make stupid choices, win stupid prizes. They freely chose their stupid actions.

Also NYC you need your papers to see a play or go out to eat, in other words to move freely about.
    George Washington mandated inoculations against smallpox. Was he a tyrant for that?

5) What are you basing those predictions on?
    Science. Viruses mutate. The more carriers, the more chance of mutations. And we've always been saying it.

6) Sigh I am trying to help you understand the mathmatical threat that vaccinated people face which is less than they do in their cars
    But not everyone can get the vaccines.
    7)Those cvonsequences are man imposed against our rights and I will NEVER accept that and it saddens me that you do.
    So, someone doesn't get to do whatever they want whenever they want. I'd say "welcome to adulthood, sorry if it's too hard for you."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mamooth For This Useful Post:

donttread (10-02-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The media is still propping up the Republicans on most issues, because the media is mostly owned by conservative corporations.

Make stupid choices, win stupid prizes. They freely chose their stupid actions.

George Washington mandated inoculations against smallpox. Was he a tyrant for that?

Science. Viruses mutate. The more carriers, the more chance of mutations. And we've always been saying it.

But not everyone can get the vaccines.

So, someone doesn't get to do whatever they want whenever they want. I'd say "welcome to adulthood, sorry if it's too hard for you."

2) Completely untrue. Even Fox is not all that conservative and CNN is openly pro lib/dem
    3) That's not a choice and it's not the role of government. Also the science does not support such policy, especially for COVID recovereds
    4) This AIN't Small Pox and that was for the Army i believe not civillian nurses
    5) Yet the virus didn't mutate in that way in 2 years of world domination? You might want to revise your predictions.
    6) Not everyone can duck or even breath on their own. Life ain't fair. Also those who can't take the vax have a host of other things to protect themselves from.
    7) And I'd say welcome to America have you ever read the Constitution?

+ Reply to Thread