Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    Well, a few months ago, I heard that a particular political forum leans heavily to the left; so I made it a point to join it.

I am not at all bashful about expressing my opinions; and if they fly in the face of the majority opinion there--well then, so much the better!

(That particular forum has since gone out of business.)
    I can beat that. I got banned for the Randi Rhodes forum. I was accused of being a right-wing plant.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I can beat that. I got banned for the Randi Rhodes forum. I was accused of being a right-wing plant.
    I was banned from the Democrats for Progress forum a few years ago. Actually I was suspended first - for a couple of weeks, if I recall correctly - for insulting another member. The other member had written that when he saw someone open carrying a gun in public it made him so angry that he wanted to go home, get his gun and come back and shoot the person. My "insult" consisted of my noting that I would be more afraid of someone who had the attitude just expressed by the other member. My contributions to that point had largely consisted in objecting to other members' vile stereotyping of firearms owners, and I think the "insult" thing was just an excuse.

When I tried to sign back in after my suspension was ostensibly over, the system told me that I had been permanently banned, and the official reason given was, and I quote, "Because nobody likes you".
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (05-10-2021),jet57 (05-08-2021)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I was banned from the Democrats for Progress forum a few years ago. Actually I was suspended first - for a couple of weeks, if I recall correctly - for insulting another member. The other member had written that when he saw someone open carrying a gun in public it made him so angry that he wanted to go home, get his gun and come back and shoot the person. My "insult" consisted of my noting that I would be more afraid of someone who had the attitude just expressed by the other member. My contributions to that point had largely consisted in objecting to other members' vile stereotyping of firearms owners, and I think the "insult" thing was just an excuse.

When I tried to sign back in after my suspension was ostensibly over, the system told me that I had been permanently banned, and the official reason given was, and I quote, "Because nobody likes you".
    I'm not surprised. I had the same experience on a conservative forum. It was the only one that I actually can say that I belonged to but after a few months I was a liberal commie type pinko $#@!. I still look in and they have about 20 members that are active. They also dropped their "Q" worship thread.

As much as we attack each other here we also agree some times.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (05-09-2021)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,522x in 14,781 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did that happen? LOL.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Classical Liberals including Leon Trotsky had a vision of an Egalitarian Society where everyone would have Positive Rights to food, shelter, and Medical Care. Conservatives are against Positive Rights. Modern Liberals are worse then Conservatives -- they support Draconian Totalitarianism.

That sounds along the lines of what I would call localism. The odd concept that a bit more outside and physicality in our work and eating food produced somewhere you could drive in a few hours would be good for us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (05-10-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Condolences. I apologize for bringing up the subject.

What? No. No need for that I only mention it when my opinion of the issue at hand was largely formed or reinforced by her death. Not a reason to curtail your post at all. You see until then i was a staunch supporter of the drug war ( not the mandatory minimums of course) and except for the pot ban which I always felt was both wrong and terribly ineffective.
    After she died I looked into it. I saw that other places were making things better through decriminalization and treatment. I learned that draconioan drug laws not only didn't work but they pretty much never had. Then I determined that without prohibtion she may have lived long enough to establish sobriety. Instead she was exiled to the margins of society with no idea how strong the stuff that killed her that night was!
    2020 was not the begining of unscientific policy in fact they are way to frequent.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (05-10-2021)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    How did that happen? LOL.
    It's exactly what I keep trying to say around here, that I'm not a leftie, I'm definitely a centrist. I don't care for the far left. I don't like their politics or their rhetoric, so on that forum I would pose the same challenges to their radical posts, trying to ferret out exactly what they meant about a given subject and I got labeled a right-wing plant and banned. I thought that was very funny. I logged on to a conservative forum, presented the same challenges to the far right there, and was told that it was a conservative site that didn't allow liberals and I got banned there too.

Trinnity got tired of the challenges and just banned me: it says "no particular reason"...

All this says that I'm right where I want to be: squarely in the middle.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's exactly what I keep trying to say around here, that I'm not a leftie, I'm definitely a centrist. I don't care for the far left. I don't like their politics or their rhetoric, so on that forum I would pose the same challenges to their radical posts, trying to ferret out exactly what they meant about a given subject and I got labeled a right-wing plant and banned. I thought that was very funny. I logged on to a conservative forum, presented the same challenges to the far right there, and was told that it was a conservative site that didn't allow liberals and I got banned there too.

Trinnity got tired of the challenges and just banned me: it says "no particular reason"...

Both sides are right about different and various things. The fatal mistake that I see so many taking here is in reacting to some expression of support for one or two liberal positions by saying, "Of course you think that - you're a Marxist stooge". It's lazy, and it absolves - at least in their own mind - the one reacting from having to argue against what might have been a well reasoned argument. The term "ad hominem" gets tossed around here incorrectly more than just a lot, but in the case of someone substituting the other guy's perceived status as a "Dem Marxist America-hater" or a "Rethuglican racist" for a valid and reasonable response, it really does apply.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooo, you're a "centrist" who only spouts far left ideals, and sides with the far left every time? Lol.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    nathanbforrest45's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,261x in 10,568 Posts
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post

I was banned from AWE for the same reason! When the owner of that site started banning everyone he didn't agree with it went away very quickly.

+ Reply to Thread