User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yeah, okay. The trans kids thing has gone too far.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Madison's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,012x in 3,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, okay. The trans kids thing has gone too far.

People are getting crazier than ever

I love Sydney Watson !!!

Kurt Cobain was murdered

Trump 2020-2025

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madison For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (05-22-2021),IMPress Polly (06-06-2021)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,211
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,933x in 18,178 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women who have parented understand kids are impressionable and want to please. They can see the obvious manipulation going on here.

Women and even Feminists are also getting divided. Notice how Trans Rights is almost exclusively a special right for biological men to do this and that in areas once exclusive to girls and women?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (06-06-2021)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,269
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously question on what basis parents are making the decision that their small children are transgendered. Children often want to be whatever seems to be the most fun at the time and it may be that a little girl finds everything associated with being a little boy, more interesting than being a little girl and vice-versa. This is not being transgendered!

As a child, between the ages of 2-4, my first friends were two little boys, so I learned to play the kinds of games that little boys play. As I got older and found female friends, I discovered I still preferred to play with boy's toys and engage in more active play, like little boys, so most of my friends were still little boys. I didn't like playing with dolls. I preferred to dress in pants, not because I necessarily hated dresses, but because dresses didn't allow me the same freedom of play. Also, in winter it would hit minus 20 and dresses didn't keep you warm! It was bad enough that I had to wear them to school in those days. I wasn't going to wear them at home. At no point did the subject of my gender come up as a matter of question. I hit puberty and I was happily a girl. I still preferred and still prefer the company of males. Some things don't change.

When my sister was 2 or 3, she also had two male friends and no female friends, but one little boy liked to play with dolls and my sister loved to play with dolls, so they played together a lot. At first he would borrow her doll and his parents became concerned about his taste in toys but eventually they bought him his own doll so that he and my little sister could play together. The other little boy was very rough - the kind that bashes everyone in the head and puts sand in their hair, so they didn't play with him much. The little boy who played with dolls didn't grow up to be gay or transgendered. The other little boy got into trouble a lot.

I shudder to think of what would have happened to me if I were born in the last 10 years or what would have happened with my sister's little friend who happened to like dolls.
    Last edited by Dr. Who; 05-22-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (05-22-2021),IMPress Polly (06-06-2021)

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 767
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,324x in 18,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I seriously question on what basis parents are making the decision that their small children are transgendered. Children often want to be whatever seems to be the most fun at the time and it may be that a little girl finds everything associated with being a little boy, more interesting than being a little girl and vice-versa. This is not being transgendered!

As a child, between the ages of 2-4, my first friends were two little boys, so I learned to play the kinds of games that little boys play. As I got older and found female friends, I discovered I still preferred to play with boy's toys and engage in more active play, like little boys, so most of my friends were still little boys. I didn't like playing with dolls. I preferred to dress in pants, not because I necessarily hated dresses, but because dresses didn't allow me the same freedom of play. Also, in winter it would hit minus 20 and dresses didn't keep you warm! It was bad enough that I had to wear them to school in those days. I wasn't going to wear them at home. At no point did the subject of my gender come up as a matter of question. I hit puberty and I was happily a girl. I still preferred and still prefer the company of males. Some things don't change.

When my sister was 2 or 3, she also had two male friends and no female friends, but one little boy liked to play with dolls and my sister loved to play with dolls, so they played together a lot. At first he would borrow her doll and his parents became concerned about his taste in toys but eventually they bought him his own doll so that he and my little sister could play together. The other little boy was very rough - the kind that bashes everyone in the head and puts sand in their hair, so they didn't play with him much. The little boy who played with dolls didn't grow up to be gay or transgendered. The other little boy got into trouble a lot.

I shudder to think of what would have happened to me if I were born in the last 10 years or what would have happened with my sister's little friend who happened to like dolls.

Yeah, it's a good thing my parents didn't start the process of turning me into a boy, because I spent a lot of time with a male cousin growing up and, did "boy" things with him.......played cowboys and Indians, climbing trees, branding cattle (it was a family cattle ranch and, even the kids had roles).

Good thing there was no such thing as thinking just because girls enjoyed those things, they were really boys.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (05-22-2021),IMPress Polly (06-06-2021)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,269
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,049x in 8,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Yeah, it's a good thing my parents didn't start the process of turning me into a boy, because I spent a lot of time with a male cousin growing up and, did "boy" things with him.......played cowboys and Indians, climbing trees, branding cattle (it was a family cattle ranch and, even the kids had roles).

Good thing there was no such thing as thinking just because girls enjoyed those things, they were really boys.
    Somehow, this reminds me of the same kind of extremist parent who would force a child to conform to gender stereotypes, even if it made the child miserable, just flipped in the opposite direction. Neither is really thinking about the letting the child be him or herself, but determined to place them into some convenient and perhaps what they view as a more socially acceptable box. It may be a version of conformity. My child isn't really different (non-stereotypical), he or she is transgendered, so there is some neurobiological cause and we just have to match the outside to the inside.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (05-22-2021),IMPress Polly (06-06-2021)

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like most of us ladies here were on the "tomboyish" side growing up, as I was too. My first friend was a three-year-old neighbor boy and from there I wound up mostly hanging around boys throughout prepubescence. We played with toy cars, video games, pretended to be dinosaurs and monsters from the Godzilla universe, played Nerf wars, talked about Goosebumps books, watched Power Rangers and The Simpsons, this sorta stuff. My younger sister was more conventional. She liked Barbies, Mary-Kate and Ashley, and playing dress-up and tea parties. I never understood what was wrong with her. Her "girl hobbies" for the most part were a drag to me. When you're 10+ years old, why do you still prefer the boring-ass merry go-round to a looping roller coaster? Seriously, what was wrong with her? It's almost like girls don't wanna have fun. Anyway, then along came puberty, which went quite poorly for me all in all. I wound up very lonely and became pretty depressed and unhappy with my body.

I taught American history at a local high school until last year and observed that what I've just described is just the sort of confluence of circumstances that leads so many kids today into a gender transition. I mean seriously, the studies consistently find most transmen and "non-binary" people are depressed, tomboyish girls/women who are physically attracted to other girls/women, and that easily the most common age of gender transition is the period between 7th and 10th grade. That was me. I was gender-nonconforming, I was gay and struggling through puberty in no small part as a result, I was depressed. I checked all the boxes. Had modern social media been around to connect me to the various trans subcultures back when I was a tween, there's a pretty damn good chance I'd have gotten suckered into this trans $#@! myself! That's a big part of why I take it as seriously as I do.

When it comes to prepubescent kids gender transitioning...yeah that to me sounds more like narcissistic parents wanting to have a "special" kid to show off like what you saw in that video clip in the OP. And a whole, parasitic industry backing them up.

Incidentally, yeah, I may not be a conservative, but I appreciate some of Sydney Watson's videos too, like this one she did recently outlining her agreements with "certain feminist groups", like the sort I hang around, on the question of gender identity...

...and this especially popular one she made the other month pointing to lots of credible feminist arguments against the prevailing, so-called sex-positive variety, for example.

Last edited by IMPress Polly; 06-06-2021 at 09:20 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

countryboy (06-06-2021),FindersKeepers (06-06-2021)

+ Reply to Thread