User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 226

Thread: Why does the Left hate the working class?

  1. #121
    Original Ranter
    Points: 318,012, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    65222
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    80,407
    Points
    318,012
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    45,295
    Thanked 34,219x in 24,272 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    The rate of unmarried white mothers is also rising: Rate of births to white single moms accelerates (inquirer.com) While I do not disagree that single motherhood is a predictor of poverty, nor that public welfare policies at one time contributed to the problem, however the latter is no longer true. Single mothers do not get much additional money for additional children and welfare is now time limited. The article at the link explains some of the other factors contributing to this phenomenon.
    Yes the rate of white unmarried mothers is rising. The same with Latino mothers. For the same exact reasons with blacks. Which proves it isnt about racism.


    I have already showed you that single mothers with kids do get additional money for additional children. That 40 states have time limits that give exceptions.


    Saying that public welfare policies no longer contribute to the problem. Just isnt true.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    Chris (06-18-2021)

  3. #122
    Original Ranter
    Points: 318,012, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    65222
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    80,407
    Points
    318,012
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    45,295
    Thanked 34,219x in 24,272 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example, he describes a resume experiment where otherwise identical fake resumes with “black names” were less likely to get a response. “High-quality applicants were more likely to be invited for an interview, but only if they were white. Employers didn’t seem to notice whether black applicants had extra skills or experience.” If that is how employers treat black applicants, what’s the point of trying? As Tim asks, “Why bother to get a degree or work experience if you are young, gifted, and black?”


    But is it really true that the market fails to reward blacks for getting more education? Is it even true that the market rewards them less? I tested these claims using one of the world’s best labor data sets, the NLSY. The results directly contradict Tim’s self-fulfilling prophesy story. Blacks actually get a substantially larger return to education than non-blacks! The same goes for experience, though the result is not statistically significant. The real lesson of the data is that if you are young, gifted, and black, you should get a ton of education, because it has an exceptionally large pay-off......snip~
    Last edited by MMC; 06-18-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  4. #123
    Points: 146,923, Level: 92
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,327
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    865468
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    58,656
    Points
    146,923
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    7,987
    Thanked 7,730x in 5,272 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yes the rate of white unmarried mothers is rising. The same with Latino mothers. For the same exact reasons with blacks. Which proves it isnt about racism.


    I have already showed you that single mothers with kids do get additional money for additional children. That 40 states have time limits that give exceptions.


    Saying that public welfare policies no longer contribute to the problem. Just isnt true.
    Well, your Huppi.com link does not support your argument, it actually refutes it. The most that welfare mothers get for each additional child is about $90/month and welfare on average pays $900 a month for a family of 4. This varies according the the cost of living in each state. Hardly an incentive to have kids on welfare. States typically limit entry to the TANF cash assistance program to working families with only a fraction of poverty-level income which is defined as $25,700 for a family of four and they can't have any assets, not even a car. That only leaves food stamps and housing assistance.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #124
    Points: 24,838, Level: 38
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    71426
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,569
    Points
    24,838
    Level
    38
    Thanks Given
    1,038
    Thanked 1,967x in 1,448 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    @midcan5 can you elaborate? No, he didn't start with a premise or make an assumption. He was asked a question. lol What specifically did he say that you disagree with? Here, I'll post the transcript of his opening remarks again for you. This is about as far as you got anyway.

    The left - whatever that is in your imagination or assumptions - does not have contempt for the working class. Why do you dispute that fact. It is fact and that is why this is BS. This is simply divisive nonsense, period. Words just words.

    But if you think you can show me a real world example, not the words of this paid ideologue PM me when you find it. I'll wait.

    why do you think that the left have so much contempt for the working class?

    because it's a lot easier to train a smart dog than a dumb dog and i'm i don't i in general so educated college university people are much more easily uh manipulated by the media much more subservient by the media because they've been spent all these years training whereas people who are intelligent but uneducated like the working class are much more skeptical uh if you know if you're if you're a factory and your boss is telling you how you're all a big family blah blah blah you're like sure thing boss and you go you go to your boys and you roll your eyes because you know he's telling you what he wants to hear but if you're in management you might start to believe it so i think this kind of two paths to perception is a big part of it um i don't think the working man correctly believes that the media uh regards them with respect to put it mildly
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA. We do. PS I am not PC.

    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

  6. #125
    Points: 24,838, Level: 38
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    71426
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,569
    Points
    24,838
    Level
    38
    Thanks Given
    1,038
    Thanked 1,967x in 1,448 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    @midcan5 can you elaborate? No, he didn't start with a premise or make an assumption. He was asked a question. lol What specifically did he say that you disagree with? Here, I'll post the transcript of his opening remarks again for you. This is about as far as you got anyway.

    ....

    The left - whatever that is in your imagination or assumptions - does not have contempt for the working class. Why do you dispute that fact. It is fact and that is why this is BS. This is simply divisive nonsense, period. His assumption is just words just words.

    But if you think you can show me a real world example, not the words of this paid ideologue PM me when you find it. I'll wait.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA. We do. PS I am not PC.

    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

  7. #126
    Points: 536,950, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    410861
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    167,144
    Points
    536,950
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    20,810
    Thanked 58,436x in 41,328 Posts
    Mentioned
    1809 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    The left - whatever that is in your imagination or assumptions - does not have contempt for the working class. Why do you dispute that fact. It is fact and that is why this is BS. This is simply divisive nonsense, period. His assumption is just words just words.

    But if you think you can show me a real world example, not the words of this paid ideologue PM me when you find it. I'll wait.
    Another lefty who imagines his opinion is fact. Hell, you're in denial there even is a political left.
    Virgil's Aeneid, Book VI: "Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito."

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    carolina73 (06-19-2021),MMC (06-19-2021),Peter1469 (06-19-2021)

  9. #127
    Original Ranter
    Points: 318,012, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    65222
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    80,407
    Points
    318,012
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    45,295
    Thanked 34,219x in 24,272 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Well, your Huppi.com link does not support your argument, it actually refutes it. The most that welfare mothers get for each additional child is about $90/month and welfare on average pays $900 a month for a family of 4. This varies according the the cost of living in each state. Hardly an incentive to have kids on welfare. States typically limit entry to the TANF cash assistance program to working families with only a fraction of poverty-level income which is defined as $25,700 for a family of four and they can't have any assets, not even a car. That only leaves food stamps and housing assistance.
    According to Forbes, single mothers can receive a varying amount of government benefits depending on their financial situations, number of children and other factors. To determine how much a mother is eligible to receive in benefits, she needs to contact her local government assistance program and fill out eligibility applications.


    Forbes says four factors determine how much a woman receives in government benefits. How much money she makes, copayment requirements, childcare provider rates and support waiting lists all factor into how much in benefits a single mother can receive. Typically, mothers who are unemployed or make less than $25,000 per year are eligible for more benefits. Single mothers with many children also usually receive more benefits. If the waiting list for benefits or number of women needing assistance is high in the state, these benefits will sometimes decrease, and a mother would receive less assistance.


    Assistance can include food stamps, medical care through Medicare and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, which gives single mothers extra cash after they apply for the grant, according to the Huffington Post. Some of these programs have additional requirements, such as the mother being employed and working a certain number of hours per week.....snip~


    How Much in Benefits Can a Single Mother Receive? (reference.com)


    Well both Forbes and Huffington Post do support my facts. Oh and you forgot Medical care. Which btw also includes pet care. Especially if on Medical Care. Wherein they can take their pet in for care or shots using their Medical Card. As they do here in Illinois.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  10. #128
    Original Ranter
    Points: 318,012, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    65222
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    80,407
    Points
    318,012
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    45,295
    Thanked 34,219x in 24,272 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    The left - whatever that is in your imagination or assumptions - does not have contempt for the working class. Why do you dispute that fact. It is fact and that is why this is BS. This is simply divisive nonsense, period. His assumption is just words just words.

    But if you think you can show me a real world example, not the words of this paid ideologue PM me when you find it. I'll wait.
    Are you confused about politics? Have you figured out yet that you are on a political site?



    left

    [left]




    NOUN

    the left (noun) · the Left (noun)


    (the Left)

    a group or party favoring left-wing, liberal, or progressive views......snip~


    Why Do "Left" And "Right" Mean Liberal And Conservative ...

    https://www.dictionary.com/e/leftright



    Duh
    !!!!!


    Do they allow you to get away with this stupid $#@! on US Messageboard?




    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  11. #129
    Points: 146,923, Level: 92
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,327
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    865468
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    58,656
    Points
    146,923
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    7,987
    Thanked 7,730x in 5,272 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    According to Forbes, single mothers can receive a varying amount of government benefits depending on their financial situations, number of children and other factors. To determine how much a mother is eligible to receive in benefits, she needs to contact her local government assistance program and fill out eligibility applications.


    Forbes says four factors determine how much a woman receives in government benefits. How much money she makes, copayment requirements, childcare provider rates and support waiting lists all factor into how much in benefits a single mother can receive. Typically, mothers who are unemployed or make less than $25,000 per year are eligible for more benefits. Single mothers with many children also usually receive more benefits. If the waiting list for benefits or number of women needing assistance is high in the state, these benefits will sometimes decrease, and a mother would receive less assistance.


    Assistance can include food stamps, medical care through Medicare and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, which gives single mothers extra cash after they apply for the grant, according to the Huffington Post. Some of these programs have additional requirements, such as the mother being employed and working a certain number of hours per week.....snip~


    How Much in Benefits Can a Single Mother Receive? (reference.com)


    Well both Forbes and Huffington Post do support my facts. Oh and you forgot Medical care. Which btw also includes pet care. Especially if on Medical Care. Wherein they can take their pet in for care or shots using their Medical Card. As they do here in Illinois.
    Receiving TANF benefits is not going to encourage having more kids, since the benefit is time-limited to 60 months. AFDC benefits may or may not be time-limited, but they aren't especially generous in most states and in those states where they seem generous, it tends to be because the cost of living is so high. There are 40 states that have time limits. In 32 states the time limit is 60 months, 2 have a 48 month time limit and 1 has a 24 month time limit. All states allow exceptions to time limits within their policies. Exemptions are most common for "child only" cases (which account for about one-third of all welfare cases nationwide and are not subject to time limits in any state) and for recipients with medical problems.

    I think that the perception that single mothers are being encouraged to live on welfare and have more kids is an old one. Yes, there are women on permanent support but that tends to those receiving SSI which pays $674/month and allows the single mother to also earn or collect an additional $1,433 from other sources and typically they also qualify for Medicaid. They would also be eligible for SNAP benefits, which is geared to income vs family size, so a mother with 3 children may qualify. They may also qualify for housing assistance.
    Last edited by Dr. Who; 06-19-2021 at 09:00 AM.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  12. #130
    Original Ranter
    Points: 318,012, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    65222
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    80,407
    Points
    318,012
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    45,295
    Thanked 34,219x in 24,272 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Receiving TANF benefits is not going to encourage having more kids, since the benefit is time-limited to 60 months. AFDC benefits may or may not be time-limited, but they aren't especially generous in most states and in those states where they seem generous, it tends to be because the cost of living is so high. There are 40 states that have time limits. In 32 states the time limit is 60 months, 2 have a 48 month time limit and 1 has a 24 month time limit. All states allow exceptions to time limits within their policies. Exemptions are most common for "child only" cases (which account for about one-third of all welfare cases nationwide and are not subject to time limits in any state) and for recipients with medical problems.

    I think that the perception that single mothers are being encouraged to live on welfare and have more kids is an old one. Yes, there are women on permanent support but that tends to those receiving SSI which pays $674/month and allows the single mother to also earn or collect an additional $1,433 from other sources and typically they also qualify for Medicaid. They would also be eligible for SNAP benefits, which is geared to income vs family size, so a mother with 3 children may qualify. They may also qualify for housing assistance.
    Exceptions to the 60-month limit Some families can get TANF for more than 60 months. If you have reached the 60-month limit, but you have a minor child who is a parent, your child can get TANF.
    TANF benefit time limits | Illinois Legal Aid Online


    http://www.illinoislegalaid.org/lega...it-time-limits







    Is there a time limit on TANF payments?



    Thus, if a family, although eligible, receives no TANF assistance for a month either because of a State's $10 minimum payment policy or because of recoupment or a full-family sanction, the month does not count towards the Federal time limit.
    Q & A: Time Limits | The Administration for Children and ...

    www.acf.hhs.gov/ofa/faq/q-time-limits


    How are time limits reported in TANF data report?



    Q3: For a two-parent family, in a month that counts towards the time limit for one parent (the head-of-household), but does not count for the other parent (the spouse), how is this reported in Item 28 on the TANF Data Report? A3: The family is coded "01" in Item 28 since the family as a whole is not exempt.
    Q & A: Time Limits | The Administration for Children and ...

    www.acf.hhs.gov/ofa/faq/q-time-limits



    What's the difference between assistance and TANF benefits?



    A1: The TANF statute itself distinguishes between "assistance" and other forms of TANF benefits that Tribes and States may provide to needy families. Work requirements, time limits, and data collection and reporting apply only to families receiving assistance.
    Q & A: Tribal TANF | The Administration for Children and ...

    www.acf.hhs.gov/ofa/faq/q-tribal-tanf


    While you focus on TANF.....there are other forms of assistance besides TANF.














    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts