Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Irrational.

Instead of writing a nanoessay trying to explain myself, I write a nanoessay in defense of Irrationality in general and Irrational Anger in particular. Humankind benefits from Hard Work and Dedication of Doctors, Lawyers, and Entrepreneurs. Humankind benefits from Talent and Curiosity of Scientists and Inventors. Humankind benefits from Kindness and Care of Volunteer Doctors, Nurses, and Rescuers.

Notice: by the word Rebel below, I do not imply a criminal or an insurrectionist. I mean someone who goes against Mainstream Society, like a Hippy in 1960s or a Conservative in 2020s.
    Very few people view Irrational Anger of a Rebel as beneficial to Humankind. In reality, Irrational Anger of a Rebel is as indispensable for well-being of Humankind as Industriousness of an Entrepreneur. An angry Autistic may be as beneficial to Society as an Upper Middle Class lady or gentleman. Very few people view those who exhibit Anger as altruistic. Below I make a case for the opposite.

The role of a Rebel is to point to Injustices acceptable by Society. Many Rebels throughout History have lost their Status, Livelihood, and even Freedom in the process. Many or most Rebels dared to criticize acceptable Injustices precisely because they had neither Status nor a Career to lose. Paradoxically, a Rebel who is driven by base emotions like Anger or Scoffing can in fact act very altruistically by sacrificing the little status he/she has in order to expose Injustice and Unfairness. Even more paradoxically, a Rebel who believes in Selfishness may act much more selflessly then a Respectable Citizen who believes in Selflessness.

In order to understand the role of someone who points to Injustice, we must understand the role of Injustice in the History of Humankind. Throughout History, most Societies accepted Injustice and Inequality. Slavery, being an extreme case of Inequality, was present in many Societies and common in a few Societies. Conquest and Genocide likewise have a long History. Totalitarianism is also a form of severe Injustice. USSR under Stalin and China under Mao had zero tolerance for Dissent. Modern Western Society is as Totalitarian. Hundreds of thousands of people have been fired for the slightest disagreement with Progressive Dogma.

One paradox of Tyranny is that many tyrants act Rationally. Hitler, the worst Tyrant and Mass Murderer in History, acted irrationally by attacking very strong nations. Other Tyrants acted Rationally and solidified their power. Horrible as it sounds, prior to Industrial Revolution, great wealth was acquired by exploitation of Slaves and Serfs. Both Stalin and Mao solidified political power, and built industries of USSR and China by coercive methods. Modern Progressives secure billions of dollars and many privileges by upholding their Hegemony.

Tyrants and Despots have been accused of acting irrationally. This is not the case. From Game Theory perspective, it is in the best interest of any Tyrant to ruthlessly suppress any Opposition and to inspire fear and cooperation from his/her subjects. Any Tyrant who gives even the slightest voice to their subjects risks losing their power and wealth.

The only Rational behavior on behalf of a subject of a powerful and ruthless tyrant is absolute cooperation with the Tyrant. A Babylonian slave who ran away in 2000 BCE could be executed. A Soviet citizen who criticized Stalin in 1937 could be imprisoned for 10 years. An American professor who criticizes Progressivism in 2021 would be blacklisted.

It is Rational for a Tyrant to act ruthlessly and for the subject to absolutely cooperate with the tyrant. Hence, Tyranny expands and solidifies. If everyone acted Rationally, Tyranny would have been the only stable form of Society. Historic tyrannies would have been much more stable then they actually were. The number of those enslaved by the Romans at any given time would have been in tens of millions rather then just millions. Stalinism and Maoism would have been stable and not given way to much less oppressive forms of Communism.

Fortunately for Humankind, there have been Irrational Rebels under every tyrannical rule. During the reign of Stalin in USSR and Mao in China, many Rebels sowed the seeds of Discontent among People. As a result, Totalitarian Communism gave way to much milder forms of Communism.

The role of a Rebel who points to Society's Unfairness is very much needed for Humankind. Yet this role is costly to the Rebel him/herself -- both in terms of their Status and Mental Health. Many Rebels quit and somehow fit into Society. Some Rebels try to quit, but can not.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 06-17-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,908
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,649x in 28,239 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. You are afraid. You are trying to hide from life. Work at home. You are obviously not lacking an ability to communicate. Get an exercise bike or find a way to get physically healthy. It will help you out as a total person.

I am not a therapist, but I would like to see you prepared for when your grandparents are no longer able to take care of you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (06-17-2021)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    No. You are afraid. You are trying to hide from life. Work at home. You are obviously not lacking an ability to communicate. Get an exercise bike or find a way to get physically healthy. It will help you out as a total person.

I am not a therapist, but I would like to see you prepared for when your grandparents are no longer able to take care of you.
    I live with my parents -- sadly all my grandparents are gone. RIP.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,557
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,992x in 18,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post

So, when your parents are no longer able to take care of you, then.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    So, when your parents are no longer able to take care of you, then.
    My main point was not to discuss my personal life. Everyone has his/her problems -- some milder then me, some worse then me.

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,557
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,992x in 18,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main point was not to discuss my personal life. Everyone has his/her problems -- some milder then me, some worse then me.

Then maybe, stop talking about yourself all the time and, your PERSONAL problems.

If you really don't want to discuss yourself.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Then maybe, stop talking about yourself all the time and, your PERSONAL problems.
    Will be done. Nanoessay edited.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,908
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,649x in 28,239 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. I thought it was the other way around.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanity, and rationality, are very subjective. The same with claiming someone is a tyrant or dictator.

What many people do is look at a situation in the past, and paint it with today's colors. We can see the error of our ways in the past that way, but some apply no consideration as to the environment and social position at the time the situation existed.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (06-17-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,494
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,542x in 17,982 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Sanity, and rationality, are very subjective. The same with claiming someone is a tyrant or dictator.

Consider the very irrational left who easily call Trump a Tyrant and Dictator even though his policy positions were in the direction of personal and economic liberty. And even more important his big chance at a power grab under COVID was wisely granted for the most part to the States and local communities as they saw fit.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (06-17-2021),Peter1469 (06-17-2021)

+ Reply to Thread