Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,164x in 6,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to stop racism?

What I love about kids is that they are innocent and imaginative and do not care about skin color. That changes with what is taught either by parents or the system.

If you want to stop racism, quit referring to the skin color of people you talk about. Literally everyone does it. A black guy talking about someone else refers to the person's race. A white person talking about someone else refers to the persons race. I hear it all the time from both white and black people.

This is something I learned in the early 70's by a person raised in Arkansas that was raised to think the n-word was normally how you referred to black people. She was a thinking and empathetic person and was mortified to learn that it was considered to be a slur. She also taught me to be empathetic to anyone that was not considered to be, at that time, normal like those that were gay. This is a woman that was not considered to be educated as we think of education today but she taught me humility. I won't forget as she babysat our black friends kids how people would drive by and asked if she was married to a n____r. That, of course, is just pure ignorance but she was and still is a gem. I do think she represents a lot of us in that regard. You don't have to be educated to be socially intelligent in fact I sometimes believe that education blunts natural intelligence especially nowadays with racial indoctrination.

That fact is, if people stop referring to other people by race, racism recedes.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

Chris (06-22-2021),stjames1_53 (06-23-2021)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty easy, teach children the biblical truth that we all came from the same people. There is no one here today that some of their ancestors didn't have black, white, brown, red, yellow skin. Even if it's far away. Only one real race, the human race. Except some humans become reprobate with severed brains that the LORD rejects. Maybe she should have taught this. Romans 1.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (06-23-2021)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys live in deep lalaland. Hasn't Christianity been around a long long long time and you know racism didn't disappear did it? Race is a myth, but humans are not intelligent enough to know that.

'White Supremacist Ideas Have Historical Roots In U.S. Christianity'

"Why didn't white Christians show up?" he recalled wondering. To his dismay, Cross learned that many of the people in the white mob were regular churchgoers. In the years that followed, he made it part of his ministry to educate his fellow Christians about the attack and prompt them to reflect on its meaning."

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/88311...s-christianity

James Baldwin: ‘I Can’t Accept Western Values Because They Don’t Accept Me’

https://lithub.com/james-baldwin-i-c...ont-accept-me/

'To be black and conscious of anti-black racism is to stare into the mirror of your own extinction.'

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...htmare/612457/

"...One did not have to be very bright to realize how little one could do to change one’s situation; one did not have to be abnormally sensitive to be worn down to a cutting edge by the incessant and gratuitous humiliation and danger one encountered every working day, all day long. The humiliation did not apply merely to working days, or workers; I was thirteen and was crossing Fifth Avenue on my way to the Forty-second Street library, and the cop in the middle of the street muttered as I passed him, “Why don’t you $#@!s stay uptown where you belong?” When I was ten, and didn’t look, certainly, any older, two policemen amused themselves with me by frisking me, making comic (and terrifying) speculations concerning my ancestry and probable sexual prowess, and, for good measure, leaving me flat on my back in one of Harlem’s empty lots. Just before and then during the Second World War, many of my friends fled into the service, all to be changed there, and rarely for the better, many to be ruined, and many to die. Others fled to other states and cities—that is, to other ghettos. Some went on wine or whiskey or the needle, and are still on it. And others, like me, fled into the church." James Baldwin
    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/19...ion-in-my-mind

"To be a $#@! in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time." James A. Baldwin
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,164x in 6,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    You guys live in deep lalaland. Hasn't Christianity been around a long long long time and you know racism didn't disappear did it? Race is a myth, but humans are not intelligent enough to know that.

"Why didn't white Christians show up?" he recalled wondering. To his dismay, Cross learned that many of the people in the white mob were regular churchgoers. In the years that followed, he made it part of his ministry to educate his fellow Christians about the attack and prompt them to reflect on its meaning."

'To be black and conscious of anti-black racism is to stare into the mirror of your own extinction.'

"...One did not have to be very bright to realize how little one could do to change one’s situation; one did not have to be abnormally sensitive to be worn down to a cutting edge by the incessant and gratuitous humiliation and danger one encountered every working day, all day long. The humiliation did not apply merely to working days, or workers; I was thirteen and was crossing Fifth Avenue on my way to the Forty-second Street library, and the cop in the middle of the street muttered as I passed him, “Why don’t you $#@!s stay uptown where you belong?” When I was ten, and didn’t look, certainly, any older, two policemen amused themselves with me by frisking me, making comic (and terrifying) speculations concerning my ancestry and probable sexual prowess, and, for good measure, leaving me flat on my back in one of Harlem’s empty lots. Just before and then during the Second World War, many of my friends fled into the service, all to be changed there, and rarely for the better, many to be ruined, and many to die. Others fled to other states and cities—that is, to other ghettos. Some went on wine or whiskey or the needle, and are still on it. And others, like me, fled into the church." James Baldwin

"To be a $#@! in this country and to be relatively conscious is to be in a rage almost all the time." James A. Baldwin
    I never mentioned Christianity but thanks for the example of rage over a suggestion to stop racism.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (06-23-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,536x in 94,396 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread