Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,557x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Not so sure about an entrepreneur, but a good attorney, depending on their specialty, has to truly understand human motivation - and not just in the abstract - and a doctor who practices his or her skills without empathy or an understanding of the human condition will never truly have the insight they need to be a healer.

You credit yourself with pointing out "Society's acceptable biases and injustices", but you consistently do it in wildly exaggerated, hyperbolic and just made-up terms. Quite frankly, there are already enough people out there doing that very thing without your input.
    A good lawyer can effectively use the emotion of the jury.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-06-2021)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    A good lawyer can effectively use the emotion of the jury.
    Definitely, every expert -- Lawyer, Doctor, Wall Street Banker must know everything about his/her trade. Every occupation is valuable.

My point is that ordinary people like blue-collar workers and even sub-ordinary people like Autistics who do not fit anywhere also have value for Society.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People generally would be more likely to agree that something is a problem if the one presenting it wasn't deliberately lying about it.

Another aspect of your posting that appears to turn people off is your advocacy of the "let's do it to them back" philosophy. You have a problem with individuals being fired for speaking out from a conservative viewpoint - I get that, and yes it happens. (It doesn't happen "tens of thousands of times every year" or whatever your last claim on the subject was.) Then, in response, you go on to advocate firing anyone who speaks out in favor of a "woke" or liberal cause. You contend that a practice is bad, yet urge others to do it anyway.
    1) I generally do not respond to overly hostile criticism, yet here I must answer at least for those who look at my writing in good faith. Total number of layoffs is about 1.5 million to 1.7 million per month. Here. That is about 19 million per year. It is very likely that tens of thousands or even a million of these are fired for Conservative views. Real numbers are unknown this far.

You contend that a practice is bad, yet urge others to do it anyway.
    2) Everyone understands that War is bad, yet non-resistance in case of a War is not an option. Hopefully Conservative thinkers will also realize that not answering in kind is not an option.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,967x in 18,201 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    This is a new acceptable prejudice.

But there is also an old unacceptable prejudice against Aspies -- we score on average 20 below "normal" men at 42 and "normal" women at 47.

I don't think this is about Aspies as much as the movement toward Social Scoring in general. That means intelligent and productive people who are not considered Woke enough can be looked down upon and others will be caught up in this like a Sheldon Cooper for example. A brilliant mind who is otherwise very socially awkward, judgmental, and anti-social on many occasions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-07-2021)

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,150
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,270x in 12,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1) I generally do not respond to overly hostile criticism, yet here I must answer at least for those who look at my writing in good faith. Total number of layoffs is about 1.5 million to 1.7 million per month. Here. That is about 19 million per year. It is very likely that tens of thousands or even a million of these are fired for Conservative views. Real numbers are unknown this far.
    I believe that pretty much all of us here agree that a boss or manager who fires or otherwise sanctions a good employee for off-duty expressions is acting foolishly - unless, perhaps, the employee's ties to the business are made public and retention of that employee threatens the livelihood of the business's owners and other employees. Have individuals been fired for expressing views or participating in protests, etc. with which their employer has a problem? Of course. Some of those firings were the result of employers objecting to what would be considered traditionally "conservative" views - others for expressing support for what are considered to be traditionally "liberal" or "progressive" views. Unless you are of a mind that the State should step in and, in effect, take over and direct the employment practices of private businesses - which you are, of course, and I am not - both situations are inevitable.

As to what I wrote being described as "overly hostile criticism", you admitted that you deliberately exaggerated the numbers in order to bring attention to your accusations. You many use whatever kindler, gentler euphemisms you like to describe what you did, but it's still lying.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    I don't think this is about Aspies as much as the movement toward Social Scoring in general. That means intelligent and productive people who are not considered Woke enough can be looked down upon and others will be caught up in this like a Sheldon Cooper for example. A brilliant mind who is otherwise very socially awkward, judgmental, and anti-social on many occasions.
    Taylor Grandin.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to what I wrote being described as "overly hostile criticism", you admitted that you deliberately exaggerated the numbers in order to bring attention to your accusations. You many use whatever kindler, gentler euphemisms you like to describe what you did, but it's still lying.
    I do not expect those who are hostile to me to judge me fairly, but I try not to exaggerate.

For instance, in USA, there are about 1.7 million layoffs per month. Here. Thus about a hundred million people were fired in the last 5 years -- mostly from temporal and blue collar jobs.

Hence, the most likely numbers are

-- tens of millions of layoffs for reasons having nothing to do with the employee
    -- tens of millions of layoffs for laziness or theft -- justified
    -- millions of layoffs for Sexual Harassment -- justified except Presumption of Guilt

-- anywhere between tens of thousands to a few million layoffs for Conservative views -- numbers unknown

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do not expect those who are hostile to me to judge me fairly, but I try not to exaggerate.

For instance, in USA, there are about 1.7 million layoffs per month. Here. Thus about a hundred million people were fired in the last 5 years -- mostly from temporal and blue collar jobs.

Hence, the most likely numbers are

-- tens of millions of layoffs for reasons having nothing to do with the employee
    -- tens of millions of layoffs for laziness or theft -- justified
    -- millions of layoffs for Sexual Harassment -- justified except Presumption of Guilt

-- anywhere between tens of thousands to a few million layoffs for Conservative views -- numbers unknown
    By all means get back to us when you have a number. While you're doing that research, why don't you find out how many were laid off or fired for marching in a Pride parade or for publicly supporting some "liberal" cause in their free time. Maybe you'll find "between tens of thousand to a few million" of those cases.

You have an unhealthy obsession bordering on paranoia, CC. That certainly isn't an unknown condition on this forum, but you appear to be especially prone to transposing your fears and resentments onto the real world and confusing your imagination with knowledge.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-08-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have an unhealthy obsession bordering on paranoia, CC. That certainly isn't an unknown condition on this forum, but you appear to be especially prone to transposing your fears and resentments onto the real world and confusing your imagination with knowledge.
    Sadly, my fears are based on Reality. Sadly, enormous injustices I point out are very real and likely to increase. Sadly, most people in Modern Society accept enormous injustices in the same way

-- most people in Stalin's USSR and Mao's China accepted the Purges
    -- most people in the XVIIIth Century accepted Slavery and Serfdom
    -- most people 3,000 years ago accepted Human Sacrifice

I have thoroughly studied all issues I mention. Sadly most people believe that they live in a Just Society.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 07-07-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,251
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most common reasons for being fired (apart from mass layoffs):
    1. Poor performance:
    2. Using or stealing a company’s resources for personal use
    3. Taking too much leave
    4. Lying on resume
    5. Having no discipline towards work
    6. Drugs or drinking on the job
    7. Dishonesty or lying on the job
    8. Violating company’s policy
    9. Refusal to follow orders
    10. Engaging in office gossip

10 Most Common Reasons Why Employees Get Fired (motivesmedia.in)

Yes, you can be fired for expressing a political opinion if you are working in an 'employment at will' state. However, realistically, good employees have value to companies and replacing employees can be a costly endeavor, so simply expressing a political opinion at work is unlikely to get an employee fired. What may get an otherwise good employee fired is being aggressively political at work and badgering co-workers about their politics. It's also probably not a good idea if someone is employed in a particularly liberal or conservative workplace to be seen as not holding the corporate values or to constantly question business decisions based on political ideology. Such an employee would not be seen as a team player. Certainly, a person working for a media company known for its political leanings would not appreciate an employee publicly representing an opposing perspective.

Another easy way to get fired is for someone to post on social media under their own name and criticize their employer - that's just idiotic. By the same token, if a place of employment is, for any reason, sensitive to politics, having one of their employees ranting and raving about politics on Twitter, under their own name, could make them a liability to the company that employs them, or simply an embarrassment, if they sound like some kind of extremist nut. Most intelligent people are smart enough to avoid these problems and the HR material they receive at the time of employment typically warns employees about unacceptable behavior.

I very much doubt that many people at all are terminated for their political leanings because most people are smart enough not to be openly political at the workplace.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-07-2021),Standing Wolf (07-07-2021)

+ Reply to Thread