User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone understand French ? Stocking up my treasure chest w/some of these.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I have a small box of foreign coins that I picked up in the Navy, plus some that I collected while traveling with the family when I was a kid and others that I inherited from various family members. I've thought for a long time that a cool thing to do would be to get one of those small tables with a glass top and a drawer underneath the glass that you can put things in for display. I've also got newspapers from France, England and Hong Kong that I would put in first, then toss in all the coins and maybe some other small identifiably foreign souvenirs.

I just recalled that I have a lot of foreign paper currency that my father collected, some of the bills pretty old. Those would go into the display, as well.

You really should do it. Each and every item would be a conversation starter.
    It would also be a way to help people better understand where you are coming from when they talk to you.
    Yeah, you should do it.
    Find a coffee table, then install high edges on it, then cover it with supported plexiglass or real glass.
    That would be so cool. Cheaper to make it yourself.

Like every squid...I too had a Chivas bag of foreign coins, but gave them to a charming little kid I knew in Nebraska who was really interested in World geography and travel....and pirates.

She would come over with her big sister and want me to tell her stories about what it was like to be in other countries. The kid was maybe 10 or 12.

I would pay her older sister to cut the grass. Her older sister was 16 and would wear shorts and a loose top when she cut the grass.
    Then use the garden hose to hose herself down afterward.
    Catty corner to my house lived two teenaged boys and they would always find an excuse to hang around in their front yard whenever Kala was out cutting the grass. I wonder why.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 07-08-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

+ Reply to Thread