Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,594x in 94,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rifle setup force recon marines carry into the fight

Force Recon Marines use a tricked out M-4A1.

THE RIFLE SETUP FORCE RECON MARINES CARRY INTO THE FIGHT

When we talk about underappreciated Special Ops troops, we can’t ignore the Marines serving in Force Recon (although they’re technically considered “special operations capable,” rather than a part of SOCOM). They never get the glory or budget they deserve. Force Recon has long been an elite force within the Marine Corps dedicated to deep reconnaissance and direct action operations. They specialize in ship-to-shore warfare, Visit Board Search Seizure missions, and even Personal Security details. As such, they often field gear unique to their mission sets, and today we are going to break down the Force Recon Rifle.

Force Recon uses a wide variety of rifles, but I’m specifically referring to the general issue M4 rifle most Recon bubbas carry when I say Force Recon rifle. I’ve gazed upon dozens of photos of Marine Force Recon training, operating overseas, and have seen a wide variety of Force Recon rifles. As of 2021, I think it’s safe to say this is the most common configuration of the Force Recon Rifle.

The Core of the Force Recon Rifle – M4A1 Carbine

At the heart of the Force Recon rifle sits the M4A1. The M4 series of rifles are carbine variants of the famed M16 series. The M4A1 ditches the crappy burst setting and utilizes a full-auto setting instead. The M4A1 carbine has crawled into the hands of most special operations personnel.
    The Marine Corps is a Corps of riflemen, and their rifles are quite important to their warfighting capabilities. When compared to other Spec Ops rifles, some of the features of the Force Recon Rifle seem a bit outdated. However, each piece of gear has been well proven. The Force Recon Rifle is only as good as the Marine behind it, and Force Recon Marines do more than make do with their weapons.

Read the entire article for the rifle's specs.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-18-2021)

+ Reply to Thread