Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,556x in 94,404 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Russia Is So Freaked Out Over NATO’s Recent Military Drills

I think Russia is worried most about US developments in missile defense.

There is the Latin adage, “Si vis pacem, para bellum,” which translated says, “If you want peace, prepare for war.” That line of thinking has been used by countless military planners over the centuries, while the very concept of “para bellum” was used as a motto by German arms maker Deutsche Waffen und Muntionsfabriken (DWM), which went on to develop the near-universal 9mm Parabellum pistol and submachine cartridge.

Today, militaries around the world train for the wars they hope never to fight – and some politicians suggest that such preparation could be a serious threat to world peace. Deputy Secretary of Russia’s Security Council Mikhail Popov warned in an interview with the Russian-language Rossiyskaya Gazeta daily this week that NATO’s stepped-up military activity, as well as the development of missile defense in the United States now contribute to an increased military threat and security challenge for Moscow.

“No doubt,” Popov explained when he was asked whether NATO troop maneuvers near Russia’s borders should be seen as new threats according to a report from Tass on Wednesday.

“The mounting military dangers and military threats to Russia are also facilitated by NATO’s active military activities, the development of U.S. global missile defense capabilities along with [the drills] practicing the use of large military formations and nuclear weapons against Russia,” Popov added. “And all this is taking place right before our eyes.”

Recent training drills have raised concerns in Moscow, including NATO’s Defender Europe 2021, the largest multinational exercise since the Cold War, with troops from twenty-six partner nations involved, had recently conducted near Russia’s borders. While Popov didn’t call it out by name, NATO also concluded its Sea Breeze 2021 (SB21) exercise in the Black Sea. It involved warships from forty countries, as well as some thirty aircraft and more than 4,000 personnel.

“The drills practiced large-scale U.S. forces’ [deployment] to Europe, the deployment and use of large joint task force groups, as well as options for piercing through the Russian access restriction zones in the regions of the Black and Baltic Seas,” Popov noted.

Popov has also suggested the drills in the Black Sea were a means of putting pressure on Russia in a region that Moscow largely considers its territorial waters. Just last month Russia accused the Royal Navy of deliberately violating Russia’s maritime borders when the destroyer HMS Defender sailed past Crimea after a port-of-call visit to Ukraine.

Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov had warned last month that the Russian military wouldn’t simply fire warning shots, which it claimed it had made near the Royal Navy warship – a fact denied by the British Ministry of Defence. Moscow could resort to actual bombing of foreign vessels and would shoot down foreign aircraft if it believed its borders were not being respected.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-19-2021),Cotton1 (07-18-2021),RMNIXON (07-18-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,494
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,542x in 17,982 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russia is defending the interests of Russia. Why is that different than the US defending the US?

It is the EU/UN Globalist Crap that they understand and we don't!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-19-2021)

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 982x in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Russia is defending the interests of Russia. Why is that different than the US defending the US?

It is the EU/UN Globalist Crap that they understand and we don't!
    It's different because the US is thousands of miles from home , sniffing and skulking around other people's backyards , trying to cause trouble that the world doesn't need . While Russia just tends to business in their own region of the world.......... I think the world in general , and in particular , Europe , has just about had a gutfull of America's constant interference in European affairs , as though they were the leaders of the gang , or something similar , so America better pull it's head in , before Russia shoves a couple of hypersonic missliles up their arse , to give them something to think about.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I think Russia is worried most about US developments in missile defense.

Do you honestly think Russia is the one doing all the freaking out ?.....(lol)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,556x in 94,404 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    Do you honestly think Russia is the one doing all the freaking out ?.....(lol)
    Sure.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Sure.
    Will you people never make an honest effort to discern between facts and obvious fake news ? .....if only to inform yourself better about what really is happening in the world , and who is causing it.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,038x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's different because the US is thousands of miles from home , sniffing and skulking around other people's backyards , trying to cause trouble that the world doesn't need . While Russia just tends to business in their own region of the world.......... I think the world in general , and in particular , Europe , has just about had a gutfull of America's constant interference in European affairs , as though they were the leaders of the gang , or something similar , so America better pull it's head in , before Russia shoves a couple of hypersonic missliles up their arse , to give them something to think about.

You think? Let's be honest: You think what your handlers tell you to think.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-19-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    You think? Let's be honest: You think what your handlers tell you to think.
    Your ongoing insistence that I have "handlers" , is an embarrassment to your intelligence......and even more so , considering that , deep down , you know how incorrect you are .I am an Australian citizen , and I feel that it's my duty to call out corrupt actors within my own government , and the governments of all Australia's "supposed" allies , when I feel that they are not working for the true interests of the countries and principals that they were elected to represent , and we all should share. Further more , it's deeply disappointing to me , when other people fail to do the same . Evil can only prosper when good men fail to act.
    Last edited by PJL; 07-19-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your ongoing insistence that I have "handlers" , is an embarrassment to your intelligence......and even more so , considering that , deep down , you know how incorrect you are .I am an Australian citizen , and I feel that it's my duty to call out corrupt actors within my own government , and the governments of all Australia's "supposed" allies , when I feel that they are not working for the true interests of the countries and principals that they were elected to represent , and we all should share. Further more , it's deeply disappointing to me , when other people fail to do the same . Evil can only prosper when good men fail to act.
    First of all congratulations on your .50 Yuan. This total bull$#@!. Your 100% admiration of the CCP belies all of it. "Evil prospers when good men fail to act'? WTF Not one time have I heard you condiment the CCP for organ harvesting, concentration camps, genocide repression, occupation of foreign countries like Tibet and East Turkestan. Condemn that and we can talk.

If your are "Australian" then you are a white monkey..which is worse.
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-19-2021)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,912
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,649x in 28,239 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PJL is from the small country of anti-America. Everything American is no good. Our foreign policy is no good, our money is no good, our manufacturing is no good, our future is dismal...

Our own version of Tokyo Rose wants us to believe that he is home in Australia just in love with Communism.

Has anyone heard PJL say one thing about The USA that was positive?

And he still has not delivered my Beef & Broccoli.

Why not give up the act PJL. Just admit you are working for the Chinese government and you can tell us "Here is our position in China".

15. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (07-19-2021)

+ Reply to Thread