Members banned from this thread: Ethereal, stjames1_53 and carolina73

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Sen. Rand Paul Again Destroyed by Dr. Fauci’s Testimony and It’s What He Deserves

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,177
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,940x in 18,183 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I don't think we said he committed a crime during the hearing, because he did not answer the question.

The questions are about the funding of GoF would need to be investigated. Obama told them to stop and the NIH appears to have used a third party to fund the research anyways.
    We do not have proof of that right now but the question of why any US organization would fund labs in China gives us a serious need to investigate. China does not just send money to US labs and say if you learn anything then don't bother to tell us. We will read it on the internet.
    Refreshing!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-22-2021)

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,177
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,940x in 18,183 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a few clips on Ingraham just now.

Once again Fauci was acting arrogant as if nobody but this 30 year Bureaucrat can understand medical science and how dare he be asked serious questions.

Of course the Left love people who behave this way with Republicans like that ass from the FBI during failed Russia Investigations.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-21-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 812
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,479x in 15,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    The reason I posted the article is because normally the senators (on both sides) make hash out of witnesses due to the intimidation factor. For Paul (who I believe) is an eye doctor trying to accuse Fauci (who is an expert in infectious viral disease control) is nefarious and perfidious at best; Paul starts off Tuesday by claiming gain-of-search research by Fauci which means that Fauci had a hand in it. From the article:

"According to The Hill, Paul said, “the NIH funded illegal gain of function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology” that supposedly, in turn, created a dangerous and transmissible virus with the capability of infecting humans. This isn’t the first time that Paul has made this accusation, and it won’t be the last if we know anything about Paul and his insistence that there is some big conspiracy when it comes to COVID-19. S
    o Paul is basically going around telling people that the CODID-19 virus originated in Wuhan, China as a result of the funding that the NIH had given a lab there and that the lives lost around the world are on Fauci’s shoulders. Who wouldn’t get mad at something like that and come at Paul just as hard as he was coming down on Fauci? I know I would, and don’t know anyone that could keep a poker face when confronted by such accusations."

To me this is indicative that Paul was attempting to fish and see if he could put the blame on Fauci when there is no clear cut evidence that Fauci had a hand in it even if it were true. No wonder the anger expressed by Fauci was genuine. Furthermore, the article supports Fauci's claim. Therefore Paul was wrong in his accusation.
    Whoever wrote the article either didn't see the testimony or is too stupid to understand what Paul said, or is just lying.

Paul did not accuse him of complicity in creating Covid-19. He accused him of lying about funding gain of function research, which did create a potentially lethal virus, although the virus specified in the letter Paul cited, that particular virus was not the Covid-19 virus. Fauci was doing his best to deflect the accusation by insisting he had nothing to do with the creation of Covid-19. The problem with that defense is that Paul was accusing him of that.

All of Fauci's hyperventilating is not going to change the facts and the facts very strongly appear to be on Paul's side.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-21-2021),Collateral Damage (07-21-2021),Peter1469 (07-21-2021),RMNIXON (07-21-2021),The Booman (07-20-2021)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,601x in 56,002 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After this I don’t know how Fauci keeps his job. Why didn’t
    Trump fire his dumb ass?
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,236
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Red Lily's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,343x in 3,577 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing how different people can view the same video and come to totally different conclusions.

Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The virus leaked from the Wuhan lab. That is obvious.

And Fauci funded the gain-of-function research at Wuhan that created the virus.

Fauci is a criminal who belongs in jail.

Naturally, Fauci's army of sycophants will deny this just like they deny everything else. They cannot admit that they allowed themselves to be duped and manipulated by a bunch of liars and frauds. Their egos won't permit it.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (07-21-2021),Peter1469 (07-21-2021)

Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lily View Post
    It's amazing how different people can view the same video and come to totally different conclusions.
    Well, one group of people are delusional and the other are not.

Fauci has lied so many times now that it's hard to keep track.

His claim that the research he funded was not "gain-of-function" is laughable on its face. Of course it's gain of function. They were taking viruses and manipulating them to infect humans. Obviously, Fauci has to deny this, since he knows, deep down, that he's hugely responsible for this pandemic, along with the other mad scientists working under the auspices of his NIH funding.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (07-21-2021),carolina73 (07-22-2021),Red Lily (07-21-2021),The Booman (07-21-2021)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,539x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    The reason I posted the article is because normally the senators (on both sides) make hash out of witnesses due to the intimidation factor. For Paul (who I believe) is an eye doctor trying to accuse Fauci (who is an expert in infectious viral disease control) is nefarious and perfidious at best; Paul starts off Tuesday by claiming gain-of-search research by Fauci which means that Fauci had a hand in it. From the article:

"According to The Hill, Paul said, “the NIH funded illegal gain of function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology” that supposedly, in turn, created a dangerous and transmissible virus with the capability of infecting humans. This isn’t the first time that Paul has made this accusation, and it won’t be the last if we know anything about Paul and his insistence that there is some big conspiracy when it comes to COVID-19. S
    o Paul is basically going around telling people that the CODID-19 virus originated in Wuhan, China as a result of the funding that the NIH had given a lab there and that the lives lost around the world are on Fauci’s shoulders. Who wouldn’t get mad at something like that and come at Paul just as hard as he was coming down on Fauci? I know I would, and don’t know anyone that could keep a poker face when confronted by such accusations."

To me this is indicative that Paul was attempting to fish and see if he could put the blame on Fauci when there is no clear cut evidence that Fauci had a hand in it even if it were true. No wonder the anger expressed by Fauci was genuine. Furthermore, the article supports Fauci's claim. Therefore Paul was wrong in his accusation.
    You got it 180 degrees off. It has already been proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the Chinese were doing gain of function research and the US was funding it. Fauci did lie to Congress and should be prosecuted.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (07-27-2021)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,539x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    After this I don’t know how Fauci keeps his job. Why didn’t
    Trump fire his dumb ass?
    Because it would have lead to another "media" inspired, hard left supported, impeachment circus.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (07-21-2021)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,593
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,135x in 28,528 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    So there is no proof that Fauci did anything wrong. OK.
    Fauci didn't seem to answer the proper question either.

Rand Paul and Fauci have been at each other's throats for a year now. It seems to me that Rand Paul has been looking for a gotcha against Fauci for all that time.

I am inclined to think this was just an attempt to score points.

Now that the question has been asked, it will eventually be answered.

If Fauci is the scum sucking low life that you guys want him to be, it will come out.

I hope Fauci is found to be an honest broker. I'd hate to think my instincts were wrong about him. But I don't think he lies in everyday life, much less under oath.
    Illegal = no.
    Wrong = yes. They used a non-profit to launder taxpayer money to a Chinese Lab. Fauci cannot even tell you why or what positive result was expect. The suspicion comes down to Fauci has in writing in 2012 expressed his support for GoF research. When Obama stopped it then there is certainly the appearance that he went around Obama and funded the lab that he knew was doing GoF research in China.

+ Reply to Thread