Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    We just got concrete and asphalt. You silver-spooners!

Dang, our privilege is showing again.
    lol
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-28-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Jeezus, FindersKeepers, how many people are going around in public coughing and spewing spittle everywhere?
    A year and a half and, I've come across exactly......zero.
    For the record, all the people you see, not wearing masks, aren't automatically covid spreaders.
    A person knows if they're sick, maybe they've been tested, maybe they'll fully vaccinated. No mask doesn't equate.......spreader.
    I'll also add, it's no one's business if a person has been vaccinated or not, tested or not.
    Paranoid people should just hide in their homes, maybe, if the sight of an unmasked person, sends them into a tailspin.

I don't disagree with a lot of what you say -- it's no one's business if someone else is vaccinated or not.

I'm just trying to put the whole thing in perspective. I don't like wearing masks any more than anyone else, but I don't have a problem doing so if a store has a mask requirement.

I'm stepping back and looking at both extremes.

And, I'm trying to do so without politicizing the virus.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (07-28-2021),carolina73 (07-28-2021),Chris (07-28-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Thank you Cotton : ) I went a bit rogue. I don't talk politics much, but things are going in a bad direction. It seems like there are two camps, those who are blinded and completely swept up in the madness, and the onlookers who are shocked. Lol.

I agree with you too, the things happening now may seem small time compared to what the future holds. But I sure hope that people snap out of their madness. It's not really affecting me much personally "yet" lol, but just looking at the big picture, and seeing how things will unfold is worrisome.
    This is a really interesting subject, and -- in my opinion -- there are people behind the scenes pulling some strings. I still wonder why the media doesn't pay much attention to Fauci's comment back in 2017 that a "surprise" pandemic would occur while Trump was in office. That's not just a generalized comment--that's a direct statement that he could not have possibly known. Or, could he have?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (07-28-2021),Collateral Damage (07-28-2021)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    None of that was Carter's fault. It was LBJ and Nixon.
    Bull$#@!.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,513
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,004x in 18,683 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    This is a really interesting subject, and -- in my opinion -- there are people behind the scenes pulling some strings. I still wonder why the media doesn't pay much attention to Fauci's comment back in 2017 that a "surprise" pandemic would occur while Trump was in office. That's not just a generalized comment--that's a direct statement that he could not have possibly known. Or, could he have?

I don't remember that! Why say something like that, just out of the blue? A pandemic, of all things? Then comes an election year and, whatta you know, a pandemic!

There's nothing accidental or, coincidental about this, it was planned.
    Last edited by Abby08; 07-28-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (07-28-2021)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    It was actually the FED Reserve fault for letting the money supply m1,2 and 3 run out of control.
    And the total loss of consumer confidence with a terrible President.

That's why it took less than 2 years for President Reagan to turn it around.
    He let the marketplace fix itself. He stopped government manipulation. He restored nationalism and consumer confidence.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (07-28-2021)

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,513
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,004x in 18,683 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    I don't remember that! Why say something like that, just out of the blue? A pandemic, of all thing? Then cones an election year and, whatta you know, a pandemic!

There's nothing accidental or, coincidental about this, it was planned.

I Googled, "fauci comments 2017" it came right up. The comments were fact checked and appear to be accurate.

The democrats did this, planned it and, executed it.
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,992x in 55,613 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was right about a lot of that stuff, the parts where I got it wrong were based on current data at the time. I did my best, because I cared about people. I can't do more than that. If that is enough to dredge up such a severe hatred so be it. Before the virus even hit our soil, I warned that it was coming here, and that the spread seemed purposeful. I warned for people to stock up. It all came to pass, those who didn't stock up had to go without when the nation shut down.

Most of what I have ever done, is out of genuine care, if you want to portray me as a terrible person, you are free to do so. But you are wrong. I guess you would prefer for me not to exist. I guess it was a mistake for me to think I could stop by and share my thoughts with friends.

I no longer live my life arguing with others over things. If me posting here, means that I have to be attacked. I will not post here.
    Are you fishing for people to plead for you to stay?
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to rant, but honestly it's hard to know where to begin. Things are a real mess, and people have gone Mad! I'm not sure I can stomach any more extremist views, on either side of the aisle. The dems have gone full out over the cliff into the grips of madness. Our freedoms are under constant threat of erosion. When I say freedom, I'm not talking about masks either. I am talking about the virus being used to put the boot on our neck, and move society into a desired direction, which requires the removal of many of our rights, and freedoms.

I am really worried about where things are going.

Not just that, but inflation is out of control, our dollar is diminishing. The cost of living is becoming more than the common citizen can bear. I know a person who sold a home, and the purchaser was not just one person but three families, this says a lot. We are being pushed to a breaking point as a nation.

The system will not hold.

We have a president who is not fit to serve, and God forbid Kamala takes his place, that would be even worse. No one is holding Biden accountable for locking children in cages, or bombing people. I guess now they have their man, it's all good, let the crimes roll unhindered.

We had to hear constant news about Trump to the point it was deafening, but over the most trivial of stuff. But now that Biden is in office it is crickets..... and praise. I was constantly calling out Trump, but I will call out Biden too. I didn't like it when Trump was spending and bailing out, I don't like it now when Biden is doing it either. I didn't like it when Trump dropped bombs, nor when Biden does.

I think what really gets me the most, is that medicine has been politicized, and so many people have lost their lives, and will lose their lives because of it.

To think, I don't even watch the news. It's just the bits that I do glean here and there, and comments I hear from others that really get me.

I would recommend finding a nice little corner of heaven where you live and start each day with a small early morning campfire.
    It is primal and we are hardwired to enjoy it.
    Does wonders for the blood pressure too.

Then when the sun is up and a new day starts...avoid all the electronic drama.
    That crap is programmed to make normal people hateful lunatics. Avoid it.

If you want to watch some TV...order a complete series you enjoy and watch it all from beginning to end.

We did this with How I Married Your Mother...Married With Children...and Big Bang Theory.

Our mainstream news is completely government run, just like any other third world country.

The conservative shows as the ones on the left are only there to point and say, " get mad at this..."...and, " get made at that..." That is all they do. So what do you have after each show ??? A whole bunch of people mad at this and that and each other.

Pure insanity.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Cotton : ) I went a bit rogue. I don't talk politics much, but things are going in a bad direction. It seems like there are two camps, those who are blinded and completely swept up in the madness, and the onlookers who are shocked. Lol.

I agree with you too, the things happening now may seem small time compared to what the future holds. But I sure hope that people snap out of their madness. It's not really affecting me much personally "yet" lol, but just looking at the big picture, and seeing how things will unfold is worrisome.

Four camps....One additional camp that secures the hatches and rides out the storm.
    I am in that camp that keeps things local and does not care much for national politics because there is not much I cam do about it anyway.

2020 proved my vote does not could except in local elections, so there is where i put my efforts.

All those prep-printed votes from China cancelled mine out.

Don't think for one minute they won't do it again.

It works very well for them in 2020, so hell, yes, they are going to do it again.

...and no one will do anything about it..AGAIN...except make You Tube videos skirting the issue.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

+ Reply to Thread