User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has sports/entertainment media just gone tto damn far?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,524x in 14,783 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    CRT messages in primetime ridiculous programming.....A white mother was explaining how her daughter's whiteness was offensive and she should feel bad for expressing her whiteness without approval.
    All and any Olympic participants who take a knee or turn their backs should be banned forever in sports.
    Look at that pink-haired lady from the soccer team (I think)...got so full up with her own self-importance....now they'll be lucky to place 5th...............she was also complaining that men in the male soccer team was earning more than the women...........ya don't earn anything by coming in last.......unless you're Kapernic (sp)

EH??? I didn't think they were getting a salary for participating in a volunteer sport............
    Yeah it ain't enough that pros cn go to the Olympics but now we pay them ( at least soccer ) to represent their country!

Also is the commercial you just described real? If so give me a break.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    I saw pink hair in some commercial the other day and had to wonder why a sponsor would not find her presence offensive to many?
    I have asked myself that same question about super Wokeness in general and the only conclusion I can arrive at is that somehow Woke people modify their spending behavior better than conservatives do. We should change that.
    If it is just for the message and they are knowingly taking losses over that then their stockholders should be informed.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 2,852
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,670x in 28,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Globalist corporations think they are brainwashing the public. In a way they are because the weak minded accept what they see on the boob-tube as the way things are supposed to be.

They are dedicated followers that do whatever they are told. If they are told that sewer water tastes good then they will be emptying the shelves and tweeting themselves drink sewer water.

These corporations see that ink hair as what they want society to be. Woke-a-cola probably bought a pink dye manufacturer.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I have to imagine that their is a great deal of pressure on some of these individuals that they are not used to.
    The soccer and basketball players are professionals anyways and used to it.
    The archers and waterpolo contestant is going to go back to their jobs somewhere.

But a top tier gymnast, swimmer and even a skateboarder may be looking at retirement money based on what they do at the Olympics because the sports are popular enough to draw advertisers and TV coverage of some of these sport need commentators. And that money can be large. Mary Lou Retton is worth $8 million and that makes a comfortable life. Michael Phelps is worth 80 million.
    Excellent point. I think individual sports atheletes are under more pressure then are team atheletes. I would imagine golf would be the worst because in most other individual sports you get to react as well as act.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Another top athelete taking time off due to mental health reasons , Simone Biles withdrew. Earlier this year the Japanese tennis player Namoi Osaka took an extended amount of time off and missed at least one major over mental health reasons. That time off seemed to coincide with a time when she was priivately caring the knowledge that she would have a major role for her country in opening Olympic Ceremony.
    Biles had an akward rountine befor dropping out of the team competition but denied any injury and Osaka played flat out bad tennis and got taken out in the third round of a gold medal tournoment she could have won.

Other atheletes , especially individual sports stars have recently acknowledged their mental health issues which I appaud them for. Now I'm wondering if the tremendous pressure these kids are under has been magnified by sports media and their endless hype and "backstory creation" making each contest feel like the most important sporting event of all time.?
    It just seems like the sportsrazzi is up their ass before they are.
    To this point I saw the press in action yesterday. Interviewing the gymnastics team including Simone the reporter themselves acknowledged that she did not want to discuss her personal circumstances but rather team questions.
    Immediately after doing so she beban asking the type of questions that she had just clarified her understanding to be she wasn't going to ask her! Biles ever the pro handled it with grace but kept the focus on the team.

+ Reply to Thread