Pale Percy Pessimist On America As Sodom.
By JAG
July 26, 2021

"God will most likely soon destroy America, just as He destroyed Sodom", said
Pale Percy Pessimist, the aspiring Chief Executive Officer of The Perpetual
Perpetuators Of Pessimism In America.

"God said He would spare Sodom for the sake of ten righteous people", I replied.

"What?"

"There are at least ten thousand righteous people in America", I explained, "America
has over 330,000,000 people."

"Huh?"

I explained further, "If God would have spared Sodom for the sake of ten righteous
people, why wouldn't God spare America who has ten thousand righteous people?"

"I hate optimism", smirked Pale Percy Pessimist, "I love gloom and doom, especially
doomsday stuff about America."

"Let's go with a low figure", I replied, "and assume there are only 100 righteous people
in America. That'd be 10 times more righteous people than God required to spare Sodom."

"You're ruining my day", moaned Pale Percy Pessimist, I'm getting very frustrated. Oh me!
Oh my!"

"Hey, just relax Pale, and cheer up", I smiled, "and lend your ear to what the great Russian
writer Alexsandr Solzhenitsyn said about America."

"The United States has long shown itself to be the most magnanimous, the most generous
country in the world. Whenever there is a flood, an earthquake, a fire, a natural disaster, an
epidemic, who is the first to help? The United States. Who helps the most and unselfishly?
The United States."__Alexsandr Solzhenitsyn

"I don't like to hear things like that", replied Pale Percy Pessimist, "because I would rather
curse the darkness than go to the trouble to light even one candle. I've always loved
hand-wringing, moaning, groaning, and complaining about one thing or another."

I smiled and replied, "Generations of Americans have sacrificed their lives to fight and die for
freedom. For example, in World War 2, some 400,000 Americans fought and died to prevent
German Nazism from enslaving the world, and the Lord Jesus said, 'Greater love has no one
than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.' (John 15:13) And many millions of Americans
have that same kind of love in their hearts today in 21st century America."

"Harrumph, I choose to see nothing but America's sins," grunted Pale Percy Pessimist.

"Here", I replied, "is what William J. Bennett says about America: 'In the annals of human history,
there has never been a country as compassionate and generous as the United States.' I continued,
trying to reach out to Pale Percy Pessimist. I said to him: "America the generous, bad-mouthed
as greedy and excessive, is unsurpassed in her love and generosity towards hurting humanity.

Since America is the most generous compassionate nation on earth and if God destroyed
America for her sins, then God would have to just go ahead and destroy the whole world,
wouldn't he? Why would God destroy the most generous and compassionate nation on
earth, but not destroy other nations less generous and compassionate?"

Moreover, I continued to explain to Pale Percy Pessimist:

"Americans have given over $ 5 trillion dollars in charitable donations just since the year
2000 . . . Nor is it simply a matter of money. Last year, 63 million Americans ~ 25 percent
of the population ~ devoted their time, talents, and energy by volunteering for one or more
charitable organizations."__Laura Hollis

Listen, Pale Percy Pessimist, Americans are out there showing their love and kindness and
compassion to others and the Lord Jesus said, "Truly, I tell you, whatever you did for one of
the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me." (Matt. 25:40)

So the Lord Jesus dearly loves people who love and help other people and Americans
characteristically love and help other people, so why would God destroy a nation of people
that loves and helps other people.?

"America is a sinful nation", smirked Pale Percy Pessimist.

I replied, "America has a $ 22 trillion dollar annual economy ~ $ 22 trillion every 12 months in
goods and services and America uses a lot of her wealth to fund $ the families of Christendom
worldwide, and to fund $ Christian Worldwide Missionary Efforts, and to fund $ American Relief
And Help Organizations such as Samaritan's Purse: Helping In Jesus' Name, and Catholic Relief
Services, The Salvation Army, Joni and Friends, Assemblies Of God Trust, the Billy Graham
Evangelistic Association, Lutheran World Relief, Compassion International, Tunnel To Towers
Foundation, and Nick Vujicic's Christian Evangelical Life Without Limbs Organization. America,
in love for others, helps lift up millions who need her help regularly. So America isn't all bad is
she, Pale Percy Pessimist.?

"America is a sinful and greedy nation", smirked Pale Percy Pessimist.

America, I carefully explained, does much good throughout the world. America hugely $ funds
the worldwide publication of the following message: That the Lord Jesus "was delivered over to
death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification" (Romans 4:25) and therefore "since
we have been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through
Him" (Romans 5:9) because "for God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that
whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life," So America enormously funds $
the gospel of Christ's Great Commission to go and make disciples of all nations.(Matt. 28:16-20).
This message goes all over the world everyday and America hugely $ funds it.

"America has turned her back on God", snarled Pale Percy Pessimist, "and America is doomed
to destruction."

I have a question for you Pale Percy Pessimist: Ronald Reagan believed America was God's
shining city on a hill and a lighthouse of Faith, Hope, Freedom, and Democracy. Can you name
any nation on earth 21st century, other than America, that is a beacon of Faith, Hope, Freedom,
and Democracy to the world?

"Harrumph, I see very little faith, hope, and freedom in America today, and I desire to emphasize
America's faults and shortcomings", growled Pale Percy Pessimist.

I replied, "There was once a woman who had lived a sinful life, but the Lord Jesus
forgave her because she loved much (Luke 7:36-50), maybe the Lord Jesus will
forgive America because America also loves much. Maybe He will work with America
to gradually help her to stop sinning. That would be better than harshly condemning
America, wouldn't it, Pale?

"No", replied Pale Percy Pessimist.

[]