Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Exactly. And you pay $20.00 while insurance pays a hundred and a sick person can't be seen that day and maybe winds up in the ER.
    I hardly ever have to go to the doctor. so I got stuck with a co-pay of almost $100 every time. In my adult life, I rarely had to go for anything except a gout flareup.

Why can't you go once and get some kind of acknowledgement that you suffer from gout? Maybe it could entitle you to 3 prescriptions a year without another doctor's visit? It's asinine.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I hardly ever have to go to the doctor. so I got stuck with a co-pay of almost $100 every time. In my adult life, I rarely had to go for anything except a gout flareup.

Why can't you go once and get some kind of acknowledgement that you suffer from gout? Maybe it could entitle you to 3 prescriptions a year without another doctor's visit? It's asinine.
    I could care less about the money. The fact that they want me to hang around in a waiting room with a bunch of sick people say that all they want is their money.

How do I feel?

I have this cough.

For how long?

For 2 hours, since I was in you waiting room with people coughing and sneezing all over me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Mister D (07-30-2021)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Or maybe just carrying out big pharma directives.? For anyone unaware of Kratom it is an Indonesian herb used for centuries which people in America have been picking up on in recent years. I would never claim a drug to be 100% safe but this stuff can be tagged with relatively little damage. Web MD claims it had been invovled in 91/27,000 OD's studied between 2016 and 2017 in 27 states however if memory served almost all of those involve other more dangerous drugs but Kratom happened to be on board. I only know of one case where that was not the case.
    People world wide use the substance to treat pain and anxiety and opiate withdrawal. Like alcohol it can be titrated so the user does not become noticably high or so they do catch a buzz.
    But the FDA has been doggedly trying to remove our access to Kratom for years. You would think that they might have bigger fish to fry with epidemic opiate OD's a lot of which occur with legal pills sold by big pharma. In fact one would think that any relatively safe substance with even the potential to help ease opiate withdrawal would be welcomed. But oh no and kratom providers better not dare even allude to such a possibility! Only big pharma can advertise like that.
    The whole thing has perplexed me for years hence my two possible reasons
    1) Just control. Period.
    2) Just getting rid of the drug industries competition.

They have tried to ban it and been forecd off that tact by public opinion. They aparrently got shot down a year or two ago in attempts to pressure indonesia into banning this important export and Kratom sales continue despite their making it difficult to use credit cards to buy Kratom of off the internet.
    Now they are colluding with WHO. And I think we all know how WHO feels about personal choice! Hey governement get the hell out of my business. What ever happened to "my body my choice"?

https://kingdomkratom.com/fda-pressu...ho-ban-kratom/
    Kratom is an Indian tree and the leaves are what you're talking about. Kratom comes on like an opiate and people have OD'd on it. It is currently illegal in the US, and maybe it shouldn't be... The FDA is putting a clamp on it because of all the trouble we've had WITH opiates in this country, so he needs another out of control one at the moment? I'm neutral on it, but maybe writing your representatives will help each of you.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I could care less about the money. The fact that they want me to hang around in a waiting room with a bunch of sick people say that all they want is their money.

How do I feel?

I have this cough.

For how long?

For 2 hours, since I was in you waiting room with people coughing and sneezing all over me.
    Yeah, that too. It's also a part of my day I can't have back. What should take about 20 minutes turns into an hour and a half.

~Alain de Benoist

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-30-2021)

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post

When a doctor prescribes medicine, the doctor usually has to see you every ninety days. If your bottle says "No Refills", that's the cue for an appointment. Your gout could be kidney related...

Achievements:
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)