User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The app that the tells you if your cat is happy...

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,657x in 25,180 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation The app that the tells you if your cat is happy...

The app that the tells you if your cat is happy...

XNP4WBVHIBOPVM4OCZ34RP7HRA.jpg

Cat owners who love to take pictures of their furry friends now have a new excuse to pull out their smartphones and take a snapshot: it may actually help the cat.

A Calgary, Alberta, animal health technology company, Sylvester.ai, has developed an app called Tably that uses the phone's camera to tell whether a feline is feeling pain.

The app looks at ear and head position, eye-narrowing, muzzle tension, and how whiskers change, to detect distress. A 2019 study published in peer-reviewed journal Scientific Reports found that the so-called 'feline grimace scale,' or FGS, is a valid and reliable tool for acute pain assessment in cats.

CATVNMBJKRM7HICTDINMV4VKEQ.jpg

GNW7CW357ZL43DXBIOMO63C44Q.jpg
    ERMNHAHNSJIPZMGIGXHZGT6YZI.jpg
    2LPEMGG35BMU5OD23Y4QQOCB5Y.jpg
    https://www.reuters.com/technology/f...py-2021-07-27/
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

MMC (07-29-2021)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cats are Happy. Even though they are indoor cats. They still do the Stray Cat Strut.

History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (07-29-2021),countryboy (07-29-2021),DGUtley (07-29-2021)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 7 cats altogether. I had 5 and my soon to be wife. Whom I am marrying Aug 23rd had 2. All are happy and get along. Not only are they happy. But more importantly they are all healthy. I have a Tortoiseshell Calico. A Siamese Manx. Who still has 3 of her kittens. That have grown up with her. Living life with her. My soon to be bride has a Orange Tabby/Male and a Female Mainecoon/Tabby. One of the Siamese Manx kittens is a male. So 2 Males 5 females. Which none of her kittens look Siamese. The Female Manx Kitten is a tortishell. The male is a Black and white Domestic Shorthair/Siamese Manx. He is all muscle too. Yuuuge! Her cats are also huge. But not muscle.

We have been taking pics of them with a digital camera and we want more. Eventually I will get them downloaded. I had a lot of pics when they were little kittens. The other Kitten which really they arent kittens anymore since they are like 6yrs old. She is White with beige patches and blue eyes. She was born with a tail though. The Mama Siamese is 8 and my Baby the Tortishell Calico is 10. My babes cats are 9.

3 litter boxes. One is triangular and huge no top. 2 large ones with lids. 3 scratching posts. One from Floor to ceiling. Plau I built a runway around the living room and dining room at the top of the ceiling. Which they like to run around up there and lay up there too. Plenty of toys. The Catnip mice are their favorites. Plus we have 5 little white balls with an eyeball on it. They love smacking those things around. 2 trays with double bowls for their dry cat food. Then at 5pm I feed them their wet food from a can. I use old coffee lids to feed them that.

When we crash out we only have a queen size bed. At least 4 of them sleep on the bed with us. One on top of the Armoire. One on her dresser and one on the chest at the end of the bed. Oh and yes.....when I call thm to come to me. They do! Damn near everytime.

August 23rd as I mentioned we are getting married. Going on a honeymoon returning the 28th. It will be the first time we have ever been away from the cats that long. My brother will be watching them. But we will miss them.

Btw my cats grew up with a dog too.(which my ex got to keep along with the House) So did hers. They arent the type of cats that worry about dogs being around.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread