User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me...

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    According to contemporaneous notes taken by the acting AG's deputy in late 2020...

In the absence of an investigation and/or proof, former President Trump ordered the acting AG, Jeffrey Rosen, to "just say the election was corrupt" as part of his frantic efforts to overturn the election.

https://www.adn.com/nation-world/202...o-aides-notes/

A couple of things I wonder...

How would the right have reacted if Obama had tried to do this?

Does this merit another criminal investigation into Trump? If not, shouldn't it?
    Seems the NYT's played out of context fake news game ... again;

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021...-it-is-n419376

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    invictus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,525x in 1,181 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    The only people I have seen hung up on Trump's every word are those who hate his guts. The critiques of Trump on this forum typically range from petty to insane.
    Oh please! While there are those that criticize him blindly, there are plenty, including on this site, that follow him just as blindly...

I had a conversation about that with one poster where I said that Trump was calling Mexicans rapists... The poster went from dying he ever said that, until I showed proof, to start arguing with me how Trump is correct in saying it because there are Mexicans who are rapist... You folks change your tune every which way to fit the "Trump is the savior' narrative...

More over, given the the 90 crap that you criticize Biden about, you shouldn't be talking about any derangement syndromes... Especially when you defend crap like Trump using a sharpie on a map to "prove" that Alabama is going to get hit by a Hurricane over the word of the National Weather Services...

You go out of your way to pretend like there's nothing that Trump does or says that's worth criticizing. And yes, according to polls, you're the ones that were ready to wipe your butts with the constitution to have Trump do anything and everything unopposed.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by invictus View Post
    Oh please! While there are those that criticize him blindly, there are plenty, including on this site, that follow him just as blindly...

I had a conversation about that with one poster where I said that Trump was calling Mexicans rapists... The poster went from dying he ever said that, until I showed proof, to start arguing with me how Trump is correct in saying it because there are Mexicans who are rapist... You folks change your tune every which way to fit the "Trump is the savior' narrative...

More over, given the the 90 crap that you criticize Biden about, you shouldn't be talking about any derangement syndromes... Especially when you defend crap like Trump using a sharpie on a map to "prove" that Alabama is going to get hit by a Hurricane over the word of the National Weather Services...

You go out of your way to pretend like there's nothing that Trump does or says that's worth criticizing. And yes, according to polls, you're the ones that were ready to wipe your butts with the constitution to have Trump do anything and everything unopposed.
    Sigh...this is precisely what I mean. Trump did not call all Mexicans rapists.

Secondly, who is "you"? Are you referring to me? If so, show examples and I will be happy to respond to my specific comments.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    invictus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,525x in 1,181 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Sigh...this is precisely what I mean. Trump did not call all Mexicans rapists.

Secondly, who is "you"? Are you referring to me? If so, show examples and I will be happy to respond to my specific comments.
    "Mexico is sending their worst people, they're sending criminals, they're sending rapists and some I assume are good people"... Did he not generalize the Mexicans that came to this country as rapist...

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about... You fools go out of your was as far as changing the freaking meaning of words to justify any crap Trump did...
    Or how about talking out of his butt and clasiming 3 million illegals voted in 2016? And when the polls were showing that Hilary would beat him, chanting how the election is rigged... Four years later, he used the same trick and fools jumped on it, trying to skew any little thing that happened during the election as proof of widespread fraud.... Yeah, plenty of fools hang on his every word as if Messiah had spoken them.

You don't need to go to far... You just claimed that Trump never referred to Mexicans as rapists...

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Mexico is sending their worst people, they're sending criminals, they're sending rapists and some I assume are good people"... Did he not generalize the Mexicans that came to this country as rapist...

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about... You fools go out of your was as far as changing the freaking meaning of words to justify any crap Trump did...
    Or how about talking out of his butt and clasiming 3 million illegals voted in 2016? And when the polls were showing that Hilary would beat him, chanting how the election is rigged... Four years later, he used the same trick and fools jumped on it, trying to skew any little thing that happened during the election as proof of widespread fraud.... Yeah, plenty of fools hang on his every word as if Messiah had spoken them.
    He did not generalize about Mexicans. Thank you. He said some immigrants are good and some belong to a criminal element so, no, he didn't generalize about Mexican immigrants either. Disagree all you want but don't repeat a lie.

Who is "you"? If you have comments you want me to defend I'd be happy to. Just let me know.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,522x in 4,632 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the heck is that statement generalizing Mexicans as rapists?

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 2,138
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,117x in 11,350 Posts
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need to go to far... You just claimed that Trump never referred to Mexicans as rapists...
    Trump did indeed imply that the illegal immigrants coming from Mexico were primarily criminals, rapists and “some” good people. That’s the definition of generalization.

He made the claim because it plays well with his xenophobic base.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

invictus (07-31-2021),TheLiquidGuy (07-31-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    How the heck is that statement generalizing Mexicans as rapists?
    It doesn't. Was it the best way to express yourself? No, but his comments were given the worst interpretation possible by pundits who obviously know better but their readers don't.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Trump did indeed imply that the illegal immigrants coming from Mexico were primarily criminals, rapists and “some” good people. That’s the definition of generalization.

He made the claim because it plays well with his xenophobic base.
    No, he didn't. His words are clear. It's easy to distort what people are saying. I could easily choose some Hillary, Bernie and Obama comments and do the same thing. You'd rightfully object. Be smarter.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be honest now -- if someone enters a nation illegally they're not exactly a stand-up citizen are they?
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

+ Reply to Thread