carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,157x in 28,539 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I could ever vote for a tranny politician. It is not that I care what they do, but anyone confused in their own body does not fit the profile of stability. Especially with the % remorse of transformation and suicide rates.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (08-12-2021)

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I think it speaks to how seriously these acts are taken now that Coumo went down over this ( and the accusations started as almost meaningless, like the strip poker comment, then grew to reveal trul;y troubling accusations, instead of precipitating the deaths of thousands of women and men by sending COVID to the one place it could and knowingly would kill in numbers.

One thing we have not addressed but I feel we need to is the opposite side of the coin, women and some men who deliberately use their sexuallity to climb the ladder which sometimes makes the harrassment evidence murky as best. In fact there is some serious common sense evidence that such a woman is now our VP...
    No, there really isn't. Quite to the contrary, there's a more compelling argument to be made that Joe Biden's "touching" issues are the main reason he chose a female running mate in the first place.

Also, they're not really "allegations" at this point, considering that the Attorney General's investigation has found Mr. Cuomo guilty.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I don't think I could ever vote for a tranny politician. It is not that I care what they do, but anyone confused in their own body does not fit the profile of stability. Especially with the % remorse of transformation and suicide rates.
    The issue for me was that I don't wish to validate gender identity ideology (especially not on that level) with my vote.

Phil Scott's also a pretty decent governor, I might add.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Cool! I'm familiar with Laura Kelly, as I was paying attention to the 2018 midterm elections pretty closely, but didn't realize Kansas had elected another woman at an earlier point too.

Anyway, I don't know everything about every state's election history that way. What I will say though is that I do know that there are currently a grand total of 8 female governors in this country, that Kathy Hochul will be a 9th, and that out of those 9, at least 3 inherited that position after a male governor resigned in disgrace, in at least 2 cases specifically involving a sex-related scandal. (The other two cases that immediately come to my mind in that connection are those of Kay Ivey of Alabama and of Kate Brown of Oregon, both of whom subsequently did win election to full terms of their own, but the point for our purposes here is the start.) Those other cases are less dramatic than the issues surrounding Andrew Cuomo, but the point here is the pattern. We just don't see a proportionally common pattern among the men who assume these positions.

New York indeed seems to have an especially misogynistic political climate, being as their last three state governors in a row have all had sex abuse and/or prostitution scandals surrounding them. Perhaps that's how you get someone like Kirsten Gillibrand representing New York in the U.S. Senate (being known as the Senate's leading women's advocate); acutely misogynistic climate yields an especially strong reaction from voters, that sorta thing.
    For too many, with power comes a sense of entitlement and above-the-lawness, but that regularly happens with both males and females in positions of authority. They abuse that authority. Percentage-wise, I don't think women are any less guilty than men, although, they probably don't use their authority as often as men to induce sexual favors. Perhaps the woman who wielded the most power ever in our nation was Hillary, and her jubiliant proclamation of "We came. We saw. He died," still haunts me.

We had a governor here in Kansas a couple of decades ago -- Bill Graves -- who was as stand-up a guy as I've ever met (I worked for his campaign both times he ran). After his second term, the GOP was interested in him going further in the party but, he left the political arena completely. I ran into him maybe a year later and asked why he dropped out so completely. He said the corruption, the bribery, and the deceit were overwhelming. He didn't want his daughter being raised in that atmosphere.

Two types of people seek political office--those who are power hungry and those who have good intentions. Joan Finney was, and Laura Kelly is in the first category. A handful of local officials are in the second group, but they won't last long. Like Graves, if you have good intentions, the times comes when you have to get out or risk becoming someone you don't like.

Females are just as capable as males of being power hungry and corrupt. It's just that we have so many fewer females in high offices.

I would like to see more females in office, too, but I'm more interested in voting for someone who has integrity, whether or not they have a vagina.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (08-12-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,557x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Docthehun View Post
    Shirley you jest.
    She may run for president. Does that bother you? She has done an outstanding job.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! I'm familiar with Laura Kelly, as I was paying attention to the 2018 midterm elections pretty closely, but didn't realize Kansas had elected another woman at an earlier point too.

Anyway, I don't know everything about every state's election history that way. What I will say though is that I do know that there are currently a grand total of 8 female governors in this country, that Kathy Hochul will be a 9th, and that out of those 9, at least 3 inherited that position after a male governor resigned in disgrace, in at least 2 cases specifically involving a sex-related scandal. (The other two cases that immediately come to my mind in that connection are those of Kay Ivey of Alabama and of Kate Brown of Oregon, both of whom subsequently did win election to full terms of their own, but the point for our purposes here is the start.) Those other cases are less dramatic than the issues surrounding Andrew Cuomo, but the point here is the pattern. We just don't see a proportionally common pattern among the men who assume these positions.

New York indeed seems to have an especially misogynistic political climate, being as their last three state governors in a row have all had sex abuse and/or prostitution scandals surrounding them. Perhaps that's how you get someone like Kirsten Gillibrand representing New York in the U.S. Senate (being known as the Senate's leading women's advocate); acutely misogynistic climate yields an especially strong reaction from voters, that sorta thing.
    It is a New York thing. It is a rough town.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women run for governor here all the time (and I vote for them), they just never get nominated. Well unless you count the Democratic Party's 2018 nominee, Christine Hallquist, who was a transwoman and whom went on to lose the gubernatorial election by a 15-point margin that included my vote for the Republican incumbent. I don't count Hallquist as a female nominee though.

It's a remarkable contradiction really. More than 40% of our state House of Representatives is female, which means that women are more represented in our state government than in any other in the country. Yet we are also the only state in the country to have never elected or otherwise sent either a woman or a non-white person of either sex to state-level office. At the state level, it's all white men all the time. This contradiction annoys me. It's like there's an invisible ceiling there. I think the feminists have a term for that. Glass something or other.

We in this country seem to have an especially difficult time actually electing women to executive-level positions. At 9 concurrent governorships as of two weeks from now, women are even less proportionally represented gubernatorially than in Congress, and that's saying something. And of course, likewise, we have never had a female president to this day. 46 men in a row, even after a full century of women's suffrage.

Concerning Ohio, I just Googled it and it turns out Ohio actually has had a female governor before. Nancy Hollister. (Republican.) She was never elected to the post and served as the state's governor for just 11 days, essentially finishing out the term of incumbent governor when he moved up to the Senate at the very start of 1999. She was, to date, the state's only female governor.
    Perhaps it is a personality thing. People who run for high office (state or federal) tend to be higher on the narcissist scale - perhaps that is much more a male trait.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (08-12-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, there really isn't. Quite to the contrary, there's a more compelling argument to be made that Joe Biden's "touching" issues are the main reason he chose a female running mate in the first place.

Also, they're not really "allegations" at this point, considering that the Attorney General's investigation has found Mr. Cuomo guilty.
    An investigation doesn't find guilt. It does find whether or not there are merits to the charges and advises prosecution, or not.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    For too many, with power comes a sense of entitlement and above-the-lawness, but that regularly happens with both males and females in positions of authority. They abuse that authority. Percentage-wise, I don't think women are any less guilty than men, although, they probably don't use their authority as often as men to induce sexual favors.Perhaps the woman who wielded the most power ever in our nation was Hillary, and her jubiliant proclamation of "We came. We saw. He died," still haunts me.
    She was talking about Osama bin Laden.

Females are just as capable as males of being power hungry and corrupt. It's just that we have so many fewer females in high offices.
    The fact that the matter remains theoretical for lack of an adequate sample size in 2021 kinda underlines my point though, doesn't it?.

I would like to see more females in office, too, but I'm more interested in voting for someone who has integrity, whether or not they have a vagina.
    I see intrinsic merit in electing more women. The fact is that the more women there are in government, the more likely certain relatively women-specific issues are to be taken up and taken seriously, such as precisely the issue of sexual violence. I remember when I was a kid that the Year of the Woman in 1992 is what got us the Violence Against Women Act and the Family Leave Act (which were both bi-partisan back then, just saying) immediately thereafter, for example, and it never struck me as a coincidence. I just don't think men generally think or care about women's lives or needs as much as other women tend to.

I also find that the more patriarchal a country is, the more crime it tends to have, the higher the rate of military expenditure tends to be, and the more likely it is to be racked by problems like civil war, theocracy, and tyranny. Conversely, I find that the more women there are in high government positions, the more peaceful, civil, ecologically sustainable, democratic, and even economically egalitarian a country tends to be. Think about it. On the one end of the spectrum, you have Scandinavia. On the other end, you have the Middle East. I think that polarity speaks for itself. Women tend to bring a certain value set with them to government and the economy that has what I'd consider a net positive impact, and not just on women's lives either.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 08-12-2021 at 05:55 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Perhaps it is a personality thing. People who run for high office (state or federal) tend to be higher on the narcissist scale - perhaps that is much more a male trait.
    Well that's true and may be a factor. But I think a lot of the issue really is just that women tend to have lower self-esteem in general, which, ya know, makes women less likely to run, less likely to pursue career advancement and just accept a subordinate status in life in general than men. Like statistically it takes an average of seven people telling a woman she'd make a good [government position] for her to run for the office, whereas it takes men on average just two people saying something analogous. Likewise, women statistically quit positions of authority more easily. But women have lower self-esteem for a reason and that's because we've been thought little of by those who do run the world. I ain't sayin' I want more female narcissists, just a less demeaning culture.

+ Reply to Thread