Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK...I guess I am now at the DEPERATE level needing pain relief

PAIN RELIEF

Words drug addicts and pill heads use to abuse the system and get meds they don't need, but WANT just to get high.

When I say these same words to any doctor, they look at me the same way. No matter it be a VA doctor, or a private doctor. All I have to do is say " I need some pain relief " and they show me the door.

In my area there are some so called PAIN CLINICS and doctors that will not issue any medications at all.

I type this with a huge tall plastic cup of rum & coke on the desk 2/3rds gone.

Now I understand why so many wounded veterans turn to alcohol and suicide. I will not do the latter...but I understand.
    I feel completely abandoned by my country and all their empty promises.

OK...the pity party is over, now let's get to why I posted this thread.

I NEED TO FIND SOME KIND OF PAIN RELIEF and am asking if anyone knows any other methods of substances i can try.

KRATOM takes the edge off, but does not give complete relief to where I can be functional.

Here is a list of what I have tried and has not worked.

GHOST or Indian Pipe tincture

Tumeric

CBD oil

Kratom ( takes me down one level of pain, but that is about it)

The only thing that actually works is 10mg of Hydrocodone and I have only about a weeks left. I may or may not get a refill.

If I hear the words " OPIOID CRISIS " one more time, I may not be responsible for my actions.

I ask the membership here, If they KNOW anything else that has actually worked to reduce extreme pain.
    Not heard tell...but actually know.

OTHERWISE, my options are;

A. Become a useless drunk

B. Move to Colorado and become a useless pothead.

Such is the path the VA would like me to follow, I am sure.

Neither are acceptable to me, but I can not continue on this path.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-25-2021 at 01:41 AM.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

Red Lily (08-25-2021)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,299x in 4,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing wrong with pain pills if used correctly. I yelled about the same thing while my husband was going threw cancer. They want to penalize the ones who need it because some abuse it. The gov was threatening the cancer Dr's.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (08-26-2021),Retirednsmilin308 (08-25-2021),stjames1_53 (08-25-2021)

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,299x in 4,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And no, if you are in pain, you need something that will calm the nerve pain or deaden it. You won't find that in any other. That is why people overdose, they look to the streets and many are laced. Sorry I can't help but it still upsets me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to roadmaster For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (08-25-2021)

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry you had to experience this crap personally and for what your husband went thriough.
    What they are doing is criminal, and history will prove us right.
    They have abandoned those of us who really need it.

I wrote to my Congressman...no reply
    I wrote to my Senator...Ted Cruz...no reply.
    I wrote to the local VA...no reply.

They all want me to die in the gutter.

How dare I survive....how dare I.

Every month I am alive, it costs them money, so that is why they want me to kill myself, and are doing all they can to make my life so miserable that I do.

...but I am wise to them and refuse to play their game.

105 is my goal.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-25-2021 at 02:29 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (08-25-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    And no, if you are in pain, you need something that will calm the nerve pain or deaden it. You won't find that in any other. That is why people overdose, they look to the streets and many are laced. Sorry I can't help but it still upsets me.
    There is a plant that grows freely around here if you know what to look for.

It is supposed to work on nerve pain.

The Indians used it quite a lot. Supposed to work well and work immediately in like 2 or 3 minutes.

I bought three different bottles of it on Etsy.

The theroy is...you pick the plants, but leave the roots alone, and soak the plants in 80 proof vodka for 5 to 6 weeks, then POOF!...you have a pain killing tincture.

Well....

With the first bottle the liquid was totally clear, and after only two squeezes of the dropper in my mouth I had a bad headache.
    OK...let's try one squeeze in a few days....nothing. I felt nothing at all.
    I think all they did was send me expense vodka.

The second bottle I had to shake up according to directions because it had particulate matter in it.
    OK...maybe this is what it is supposed to be like.
    Took on squeeze of the dropper and felt kinda weird.
    Put the cap on it and put it aside.

The third bottle I never opened.
    I think all of this stuff is snake oil.

monotropa_uniflora1_cdelay_lg.jpg
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-25-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,125
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,898x in 8,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is causing you pain? Is it a back injury?
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,504
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,436x in 28,111 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. I know nothing about this stuff but it was listed a only still legal natural pain killer that you did not mention.

Wild Opium Lettuce (Lactuca serriola)

Opium lettuce grows throughout the world in various backyards and near roadsides. It loves to grow near asphalt. The plant is usually considered to be an invasive weed, and it certainly is the ugliest of the plants mentioned herein. When its leaves are scored, they release a milky sap. This sap mimics opium, hence its common name, "wild opium lettuce" or simply "opium lettuce". The plant's leaves are broken from the plant and scratched to release the sap. Then the sap is collected. It is a type of natural latex which is typically formed into pill-like balls. These can be directly consumed as pills, or smoked inside of a pipe. Opium lettuce is often reported to cause a numbing sensation that is felt spreading throughout the body. This feeling is particularly noticeable when the lettuce is smoked. It does not usually impart a euphoric or a "high" feeling.

There are few studies of opium lettuce in the Western world, but researchers in Iran have confirmed that opium lettuce was well known as a painkiller and sedative before the Victorian period. Thus, it is likely that it has been used for eons. In the paper, Lettuce, lactuca sp. as a Medicinal Plant in Polish Publications of the 19th Century, the Institute for the History of Science affirmed, "The action of the substance was weaker than that of opium, but free of the side-effects, and medical practice showed that in some cases lactucarium produced better curative effects than opium". Despite opium lettuce not containing opium, it has multiple characteristics that are similar to it. In addition to its pain-relieving properties, it is also known for assisting with coughs. It has even been used successfully in the mitigation of whooping cough (pertussis) symptoms.

The Servall Company published a catalog of medicinal plants in 1917, which was entitled Health from Field and Forest. It stated that opium lettuce was "highly esteemed to quiet coughing and allay nervous irritation, a good safe remedy to produce sleep, to be used when opium and other narcotics are objectionable". When it was written, codeine and opium were still widely available without a prescription. Both were considered to be safe and effective medicines, yet opium lettuce was known to be even safer.

Eating large doses of opium lettuce can cause nausea, vomiting, anxiety, and dizziness. So, it is probably best not to use it in a salad. The powdered leaves lack most of the effects of the sap, though the powder has a history of being used to remedy sunburns.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    What exactly is causing you pain? Is it a back injury?

Yes...back and neck.

I am an MRI report from May of this year and a CT scan report from 2018.
    Would you like to see them?

I have a book about the McKenzie Method, and I was surprized it actually helped somewhat.

I know I can't be on hydrocodone forever, but can't get off cold turkey either.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Okay. I know nothing about this stuff but it was listed a only still legal natural pain killer that you did not mention.

Wild Opium Lettuce (Lactuca serriola)

Opium lettuce grows throughout the world in various backyards and near roadsides. It loves to grow near asphalt. The plant is usually considered to be an invasive weed, and it certainly is the ugliest of the plants mentioned herein. When its leaves are scored, they release a milky sap. This sap mimics opium, hence its common name, "wild opium lettuce" or simply "opium lettuce". The plant's leaves are broken from the plant and scratched to release the sap. Then the sap is collected. It is a type of natural latex which is typically formed into pill-like balls. These can be directly consumed as pills, or smoked inside of a pipe. Opium lettuce is often reported to cause a numbing sensation that is felt spreading throughout the body. This feeling is particularly noticeable when the lettuce is smoked. It does not usually impart a euphoric or a "high" feeling.

There are few studies of opium lettuce in the Western world, but researchers in Iran have confirmed that opium lettuce was well known as a painkiller and sedative before the Victorian period. Thus, it is likely that it has been used for eons. In the paper, Lettuce, lactuca sp. as a Medicinal Plant in Polish Publications of the 19th Century, the Institute for the History of Science affirmed, "The action of the substance was weaker than that of opium, but free of the side-effects, and medical practice showed that in some cases lactucarium produced better curative effects than opium". Despite opium lettuce not containing opium, it has multiple characteristics that are similar to it. In addition to its pain-relieving properties, it is also known for assisting with coughs. It has even been used successfully in the mitigation of whooping cough (pertussis) symptoms.

The Servall Company published a catalog of medicinal plants in 1917, which was entitled Health from Field and Forest. It stated that opium lettuce was "highly esteemed to quiet coughing and allay nervous irritation, a good safe remedy to produce sleep, to be used when opium and other narcotics are objectionable". When it was written, codeine and opium were still widely available without a prescription. Both were considered to be safe and effective medicines, yet opium lettuce was known to be even safer.

Eating large doses of opium lettuce can cause nausea, vomiting, anxiety, and dizziness. So, it is probably best not to use it in a salad. The powdered leaves lack most of the effects of the sap, though the powder has a history of being used to remedy sunburns.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

I think I have seen that stuff growing all over the place. It looks real familiar.

Now I will download some pics of it and carry them around as I look for it.

Maybe transplant some on my property.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Red Lily's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,889x in 3,360 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)