Members banned from this thread: Tahuyaman, Cletus and Retirednsmilin308

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is willing to serve as a mod?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,392x in 54,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    I figured Standing Wolf was interested but he seems to have abandoned us?

If that happened I would have had strong objections from past experience in another forum.
    He was a mod once, briefly, like two weeks or so, and didn't like it. We didn't have mod training at that point, getting started can be overwhelming.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,472x in 15,895 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    I figured Standing Wolf was interested but he seems to have abandoned us?

If that happened I would have had strong objections from past experience in another forum.
    SW was a Moderator at NoPC. I don't no about any other forums. At NoPC, he was a good mod. The only real issues with him came from a few posters who didn't like someone with Liberal views as a Moderator. In fact, I was the one who recommended him for the position.

NoPC had this little cabal of rabble-rousers who acted like spoiled children anytime they didn't get their way and the idea of someone as a Moderator who didn't sit to the right of Barry Goldwater just caused them fits.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,583x in 25,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    SW was a Moderator at NoPC. I don't no about any other forums. At NoPC, he was a good mod. The only real issues with him came from a few posters who didn't like someone with Liberal views as a Moderator. In fact, I was the one who recommended him for the position. NoPC had this little cabal of rabble-rousers who acted like spoiled children anytime they didn't get their way and the idea of someone as a Moderator who didn't sit to the right of Barry Goldwater just caused them fits.
    '...this little cabal of rabble-rousers who acted like spoiled children anytime they didn't get their way and the idea of someone as a Moderator who didn't sit to the right of Barry Goldwater just caused them fits.'

hmmmm.....
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,869x in 4,194 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    '...this little cabal of rabble-rousers who acted like spoiled children anytime they didn't get their way and the idea of someone as a Moderator who didn't sit to the right of Barry Goldwater just caused them fits.'

hmmmm.....
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tPF Thread Ban - Note: Please see this announcement if clarification on tPF is required. Additionally, see Rule 10 for further details.

NOTICE @Tahuyaman has THREADBANNED by OP per tpf rules - Trolling/bad faith posting

[/QUOTE]

https://thepoliticalforums.com/threa...41#post3323241
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

bdtex (08-26-2021),Now_What (08-27-2021),Tahuyaman (08-26-2021)

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,857x in 10,150 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    https://thepoliticalforums.com/showgroups.php

Click Forum, scoll down to just above list of active members: "Mark Forums Read | View Forum Leaders"
    They still have Hal Jordan listed. I don't know who he is.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,296
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Red Lily's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,320x in 3,569 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good balanced addition to the Mod team. I approve!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red Lily For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (08-27-2021),Manny Decker (08-28-2021)

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 874
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,271x in 18,826 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    They still have Hal Jordan listed. I don't know who he is.

I haven't seen Hal for a long time.
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well.. @Cletus hates my guts and always has since proved I know twice as much about guns and shooting than he does.
    He wants to claim the GUN GURU throne and was intimidated by anyone who knows as much and more than he, like I do.
    This is why he feels so threatened, because his own position is not very secure because he does not know all that much.

He also thinks he has the right it intrude and dictate on his employees private and personal life, simple because they work for him.
    Just ask him. he thinks it is his right to do so.

Maybe it is time i banned myself from the forum before he gets a chance.

I have already had the displeasure to see what happens when unbridled power is put into someone's hands that does not have the temperament to use it wisely.

This guy is a complete control freak, and quite insecure on what he thinks he knows.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 08-27-2021 at 12:48 AM.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

jet57 (08-27-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,472x in 15,895 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    Well.. @Cletus hates my guts and always has since proved I know twice as much about guns and shooting than he does.
    He wants to claim the GUN GURU throne and was intimidated by anyone who knows as much and more than he, like I do.
    This is why he feels so threatened, because his own position is not very secure because he does not know all that much.
    I don't know what your issue is. The truth is that you don't know that much about firearms or if you do, you keep it well hidden. You haven't shown any in depth knowledge of anything related to shooting or firearms proficiency. I have actually bit my tongue on more than one occasion and not said what I should have said about your lack of expertise, just for the sake of harmony and not starting a pissing contest with you that would disrupt the forum.

For some weird reason, you have even made comments about me just out of the blue, claiming that I don't know anything about small arms. You did it as recently as a week or so ago. I wasn't even involved in that particular thread and you started talking out your ass.

I am sure there are lots of people who know a great deal more than me about shooting and guns in general, but you are definitely not one of them.

He also thinks he has the right it intrude and dictate on his employees private and personal life, simple because they work for him.
    Just ask him. he thinks it is his right to do so.

I have no idea what you are babbling about here. I have never advocated any such thing.

Maybe it is time i banned myself from the forum before he gets a chance.

Oh, stop playing the victim. I have never even complained to the Mods about any of your bull$#@!. Why would I ban you, even if I could? You are no threat to me. You way overrate yourself.

Any time you want to actually engage in a discussion of firearms, shooting, or just about anything else, I am right here. I know I am kind of a niche poster. There are certain topics I know a great deal about and enjoy discussing. There are others I don't know much about. When those come up, I tend to sit in the background and learn from those who do know. The big difference between us, other than you are always looking for the next high, is that I have no problem admitting I don't know something. I don't feel a need to try to bull$#@! my way through a discussion.

I don't "hate your guts". In fact, other than when you are posting on the forum, I don't think about you at all. I don't sit around moping about whether I know more about you than on any given topic. I don't suddenly post some insult to you or call you out in some thread you are not posting in. If you had been enlisted to serve as a Moderator instead of me, I would not be making comments about you "hating" me and giving some bull$#@! reason why or suggesting you were likely to ban me out of spite.

I know that you don't like the fact that I don't defer to your vast empirical knowledge on all things, firearms in particular. I have no doubt that you are used to being able to bull$#@! or bully your way through discussions and make sure everybody sees you as the "Pro from Dover" in all things. I am just not as easily impressed as some, I guess.

I have already had the displeasure to see what happens when unbridled power is put into someone's hands that does not have the temperament to use it wisely.

Yeah, okay.

This guy is a complete control freak, and quite insecure on what he thinks he knows.

Well, you are certainly entitled to believe that. It really doesn't matter that much to me. Just remember, I am not the one who is constantly whining about it. If you want to see who is, go look in a mirror.

MODS: If you want to delete this post as being combative or divisive, I won't have any heartburn about it. It was just something that needed to be said in response to his post and was actually way overdue. Please just don't delete it until he has had a chance to read it. Then, do what you will. Remember though, it has some big words in it so it might take him a while.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

+ Reply to Thread