User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thousands of teachers to protest countrywide over anti-critical race theory legislati

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    sark's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 96x in 73 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    That's what we want, too. For teachers to teach our nation's children the truth and the facts, and not to impose their political views on young impressionable minds.
    the truth??? like blacks murder whites at TEN times the rate of vice versa? or blacks commit hate crimes at TWICE the rate....they want to teach ''HATE whitey''' .....

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mamooth View Post
    Ah, the Trump cultists are really going hog wild with their cancel culutre.

How do we know this? Because nobody is teaching CRT. They're all lying about that, and they all know they're lying.

So why do they lie? Because they want all discussion of racism made illegal, and because Stalinsts can't help but want to censor. They tell a big lie that any discussion of racism is CRT, then make a law saying it's illegal to teach CRT. That way, they can jail anyone disucssing racism.
    Certainly I foresee a danger in allowing the pendulum to swing too far in the other direction, in terms of discussing racism. I don't believe - and I hope I'm right - that not even the most fervent anti-CRT advocate wants all discussion of the racism that has infected our nation's history banned...only the idea that the institutionalized racism of the past is still operating at full speed and that all White people are willing accomplices in its perpetuation. I don't pretend to have read every law or proposed law on the subject, but of those I have read the wording doesn't ban all discussion of racism - just the use of the charge of racism to condemn, marginalize and insult individuals whose only offense is being Caucasian, and to malign our social and government institutions unfairly and to the detriment of peace and justice.

Increasingly I see any White person who presumes to disagree with or criticize any Black person about virtually anything whatsoever labeled a "racist" - and I see such charges coming from individuals in political office, in the media, from academia and even from the pulpit. Opposing the teaching of CRT to our children and grandchildren should be the common cause of all people of good will, regardless of race or ethnicity; unfortunately too many people of color see the whole controversy as an "us vs. them" situation, and, without really making any effort to understand what CRT in its undiluted form is​, equate opposition to its teaching with racism.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (12-13-2021),MisterVeritis (12-13-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,525x in 94,386 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Certainly I foresee a danger in allowing the pendulum to swing too far in the other direction, in terms of discussing racism. I don't believe - and I hope I'm right - that not even the most fervent anti-CRT advocate wants all discussion of the racism that has infected our nation's history banned...only the idea that the institutionalized racism of the past is still operating at full speed and that all White people are willing accomplices in its perpetuation. I don't pretend to have read every law or proposed law on the subject, but of those I have read the wording doesn't ban all discussion of racism - just the use of the charge of racism to condemn, marginalize and insult individuals whose only offense is being Caucasian, and to malign our social and government institutions unfairly and to the detriment of peace and justice.

Increasingly I see any White person who presumes to disagree with or criticize any Black person about virtually anything whatsoever labeled a "racist" - and I see such charges coming from individuals in political office, in the media, from academia and even from the pulpit. Opposing the teaching of CRT to our children and grandchildren should be the common cause of all people of good will, regardless of race or ethnicity; unfortunately too many people of color see the whole controversy as an "us vs. them" situation, and, without really making any effort to understand what CRT in its undiluted form is​, equate opposition to its teaching with racism.
    Of course not. All anti-CRT want taught is real history.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (12-13-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post

Good post!

The original intent of the study of Critical Race Theory from my research, sought to understand why Civil Rights laws didn't result in a more natural blending of our society. We still have de facto segregation, and the interesting thing is that it's more prevalent in northern, democratic-run cities and states than it is in the south.

Sure, racism still exists--actually, it seems to be increasing as a result of insisting our society and the status quo is inherently racist.

I get the feeling that Western society, its values, and the US specifically, are being singled out and publicly convicted of intentional destruction of humanity and the planet we live on. It all seems to be connected at some level--cultural oppression, climate change, Capitalism.

CRT doesn't recognize that today's society offers the means by which anyone can succeed if they are 1) smart enough, 2) insightful enough, 3) motivated enough, 4) in the right place at the right time. Certainly, it's harder for those living in poverty, and a larger percentage of blacks live in poverty, but it's possible. EOE and anti-discrimination laws make it possible.

It's the blanket generalities that CRT espouses that are harmful.

• If a black person fails to excel, it's not the person's fault, it's the fault of a white society.
    • If a white person succeeds, it is not due to their own abilities, but rather because they're white.
    • Western societal norms, even though they created the greatest free nation the world has ever known, is inherently corrupt and must be dismantled.
    • Not only is it important to lift blacks up--it's essential to lower the status of whites and their ability to succeed.
    • A sense of ancestral shame must be incorporated into today's white society.
    • Blending into the American mainstream will destroy black culture.
    • Whites have oppressed minorities to such an extent over the centuries, that it's now okay for minorities to take what they want, even if it means breaking our laws to do it.

So, yes, I can see where parents don't want CRT taught in schools--it doesn't reflect reality--and it doesn't encourage inclusion.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (12-13-2021),Standing Wolf (12-13-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good post!

The original intent of the study of Critical Race Theory from my research, sought to understand why Civil Rights laws didn't result in a more natural blending of our society. We still have de facto segregation, and the interesting thing is that it's more prevalent in northern, democratic-run cities and states than it is in the south.

Sure, racism still exists--actually, it seems to be increasing as a result of insisting our society and the status quo is inherently racist.

I get the feeling that Western society, its values, and the US specifically, are being singled out and publicly convicted of intentional destruction of humanity and the planet we live on. It all seems to be connected at some level--cultural oppression, climate change, Capitalism.

CRT doesn't recognize that today's society offers the means by which anyone can succeed if they are 1) smart enough, 2) insightful enough, 3) motivated enough, 4) in the right place at the right time. Certainly, it's harder for those living in poverty, and a larger percentage of blacks live in poverty, but it's possible. EOE and anti-discrimination laws make it possible.

• If a black person fails to excel, it's not the person's fault, it's the fault of a white society.
    • If a white person succeeds, it is not due to their own abilities, but rather because they're white.
    • Western societal norms, even though they created the greatest free nation the world has ever known, is inherently corrupt and must be dismantled.
    • Not only is it important to lift blacks up--it's essential to lower the status of whites and their ability to succeed.
    • Whites have oppressed minorities to such an extent over the centuries, that it's now okay for minorities to take what they want, even if it means breaking our laws to do it.
    So, yes, I can see where parents don't want CRT taught in schools--it doesn't reflect reality--and it doesn't encourage inclusion.
    That is the official line. CRT was brought to the West by KGB agents as a disinformation campaign which was part of the Soviet plan to destroy the West from within. CRT's part in that plan is to divide people.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (12-13-2021),MisterVeritis (12-13-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    That is the official line. CRT was brought to the West by KGB agents as a disinformation campaign which was part of the Soviet plan to destroy the West from within. CRT's part in that plan is to divide people.

Its clear they tricked Black Lying Marxists and Democrats. Shouldnt be a surprise. The Demos were close with the Russian Communists going back to Truman. When he put Alger Hiss in the State Dept. Then refused to investigate the Associated Press and the NY Times.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, and it's creeping into many aspects of our society.

We're becoming more divided and weakened.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Its clear they tricked Black Lying Marxists and Democrats. Shouldnt be a surprise. The Demos were close with the Russian Communists going back to Truman. When he put Alger Hiss in the State Dept. Then refused to investigate the Associated Press and the NY Times.
    FDR had a senior advisor who was a Soviet agent or source.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (12-13-2021),MMC (12-13-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FDR had a senior advisor who was a Soviet agent or source.
    Dont forget Ted Kennedy.....contacted the Russian President to get help to try and stop Reagans re-election. You know the Deviants Conscience of the Senate.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (12-13-2021)

Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,896x in 54,714 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good post!

The thing to recognize is CRT was originally an academic legal theory taken up by a few professors and grad students. It assumed systemic racism and found it in outcomes and constructed narratives to connect the two. In time it was adopted by others in the humanities, social studies, black studies, educations, and even science. This has remained largely academic and esoteric and is not taught in lower levels of education. Nikole Hannah-Jones and the 1619 Project is a layman's version of academic CRT. It provided fodder however for a later branch of CRT activists who didn't understand the original studies and twisted them into all the things you discuss and pushed it out into human resources and education at lower levels. Activist CRT is racist. It is taught in public schools and corporations. We see it in organizations like BLM.

It's important to distinguish between academic and activist CRT. When the left claims CRT is not understood and not taught in public school, it means academic CRT. But activist CRT is.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (12-13-2021),Standing Wolf (12-13-2021)

+ Reply to Thread