Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,647x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what we are hiding from as a nation

Below are the numbers on death from COVID among the vaccinated. Of 700,000 dead about 1,500 have occured among the vaccinated! It would appear that the vaccine is highly effective. But not effective enough because the media has scared people out of all proportion for a year and a half. Because the freakin country has medical anxiety and wants some impossible gaurantee that they won't die anytime soon. In other words the media has contributed to a society wide mental illness! And now the government and some of those most affected by that illness want to force other's to put something in their bodies that they don't want in some misguided attempt to remove ALL risk from their own lives. These are often the same people that cannot admit they have destroyed the school life of millions of kids so that the adults can be protected. They say things like "for the safety of the children" which is bull$#@!. It's at the expense of the children to quiet the anxieties of adults. Backwards from how a functional society works!

I am vaccinated as is my wife because we saw the writing on the wall despite both having even better immunity as COVID recovered. Now some of that writing is readable in the sense that NYS has mandated that all healthcare workers get the vaccine or be fired. After all they have done during this crisis.!Also schools in NY can no longer make their own choice about mask, the new governor has mandated that too!
    If you think anything like I do you'll look at the saftey provided by the vaccine below and ask what are the vaccinated so afraid of? It's about control and unchecked anxiety.

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...a-how-many-die
    Last edited by donttread; 08-28-2021 at 05:22 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (08-29-2021),Tahuyaman (09-04-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,586x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We're hiding from a virus an estimated third of Americans contracted in 2020 alone. It's not going away. It needs to stop being politicized. We need policies tailored to real life and real risk not blanket mandates foe the general population. We need to learn to live with Covid-19. If your fat, sickly or elderly, get vaccinated. Take precautions.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (08-29-2021),Captdon (08-29-2021),carolina73 (08-29-2021),donttread (08-29-2021)

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thom Paine's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,231x in 743 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    We're hiding from a virus an estimated third of Americans contracted in 2020 alone. It's not going away. It needs to stop being politicized. We need policies tailored to real life and real risk not blanket mandates foe the general population. We need to learn to live with Covid-19. If your fat, sickly or elderly, get vaccinated. Take precautions.
    I wonder why we need any gov. policies.
    Inoculations are available. Those who want can get it; those who don't want it
    don't get it.

Why is gov. oversight required?
    "I've outlived the country I loved" Monte Walsh 1970

"Remember: On the other side of that screen is a real person" (Missouri Mule)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thom Paine For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (08-29-2021),carolina73 (08-29-2021),donttread (08-29-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Below are the numbers on death from COVID among the vaccinated. Of 700,000 dead about 1,500 have occured among the vaccinated! It would appear that the vaccine is highly effective. But not effective enough because the media has scared people out of all proportion for a year and a half. Because the freakin country has medical anxiety and wants some impossible gaurantee that they won't die anytime soon. In other words the media has contributed to a society wide mental illness! And now the government and some of those most affected by that illness want to force other's to put something in their bodies that they don't want in some misguided attempt to remove ALL risk from their own lives. These are often the same people that cannot admit they have destroyed the school life of millions of kids so that the adults can be protected. They say things like "for the safety of the children" which is bull$#@!. It's at the expense of the children to quiet the anxieties of adults. Backwards from how a functional society works!
    I am vaccinated as is my wife because we saw the writing on the wall despite both having even better immunity as COVID recovered. Now some of that writing is readable in the sense that NYS has mandated that all healthcare workers get the vaccine or be fired. After all they have done during this crisis.!Also schools in NY can no longer make their own choice about mask, the new governor has mandated that too!
    If you think anything like I do you'll look at the saftey provided by the vaccine below and ask what are the vaccinated so afraid of? It's about control and unchecked anxiety.
    https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...a-how-many-die

We're on the same page. I'm tired of governors taking decisions away from communities.

The decision to require vaccines for health workers is going to have a big impact on the health industry. Maybe most doctors and nurses will comply, but low-paying aides will not. If they don't want the vaccine, it's nothing to them to quit and get a similar-pay job.

The schools should make their own decisions, and local facilities should be able to set their own policies.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (08-29-2021),donttread (08-29-2021)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    We're on the same page. I'm tired of governors taking decisions away from communities.

The decision to require vaccines for health workers is going to have a big impact on the health industry. Maybe most doctors and nurses will comply, but low-paying aides will not. If they don't want the vaccine, it's nothing to them to quit and get a similar-pay job.

The schools should make their own decisions, and local facilities should be able to set their own policies.

Individualism, personal choice and personal responsibility are suddenly enemies of the state!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Captdon (08-29-2021),carolina73 (08-29-2021),FindersKeepers (08-29-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post

There may be a surprise here. Generally, it appears
    A very large number of Medicos, Mrs. P being one, are not interested in the inoculation.

The majority of young aides are running scared.

make a good day F

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thom Paine For This Useful Post:

donttread (09-05-2021),FindersKeepers (08-29-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom Paine View Post
    I wonder why we need any gov. policies.
    Inoculations are available. Those who want can get it; those who don't want it
    don't get it.

Why is gov. oversight required?

Two weeks to flatten the curve became
    6 Months to flatten your finances became
    12 months plus to make you dependent upon government became
    Two years to redistribute wealth and power. ( And I do not mean downward) became
    Three affected school years of our children's development!
    You are absolutely correct, personal choice could have handled this whole situation better than government.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (08-29-2021),Thom Paine (08-29-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post

It may not go away as even the black death rears it's head now and then. But as you point out people have the choice of an effective vax. That was supposed to be the end of the restrictions but they won't end now until we make them end.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many now want to place blame and responsibility for personal well being
    elsewhere. The govm't is the most convenient.

Many times, I've heard statements like
    "SOMEBODY's got to do something"
    "THEY must do something"
    "There ought to be a law"

We 'Boomers' did okay by the world but reared a bunch of entitled spoiled brats.

I recall before FEMA, before Govm't welfare programs, before well intended but disastrous Affirmative Action, before the Dept of Education. People were far more self reliant and the only guaranteed result was due to personal efforts.

meh - Ranting does little toward solving anything. Yet, here I am.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thom Paine For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (08-29-2021),donttread (08-30-2021)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,532x in 55,048 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The government should issue advisories not policies.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (08-29-2021),donttread (08-30-2021),Thom Paine (08-29-2021)

+ Reply to Thread