User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ivermectin: safe for human usage?

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,535
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    pjohns's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,177x in 2,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ivermectin: safe for human usage?

A debate is currently raging as concerning the possible efficacy of ivermectin, as a cure for Covid-19. (Some claim that it is only a cure for parasites in horses, and other creatures.)

Since I am not a doctor, I do not feel qualified to weigh in on this matter.

I will, however, note that Melisa Puckey--who is generally against its use for this purpose--does write the following:

"Currently there is a low level of certainty whether ivermectin helps treat COVID-19 and more studies are needed."

"It [ivermectin] has been established as safe for human use."

And:

"More RCT [randomized controlled tests] are needed with higher quality of evidence to determine if ivermectin is successful at treating COVID-19."

Her views appear to be balanced--carefully nuanced--and not a blatant attempt to advance the agenda of either side.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,504
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,437x in 28,111 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safe for human usage = of course it is. In the last 12 months over 300 million doses have been given out to humans. 30 million alone in Congo to prevent blindness from parasites. India by far had he highest usage in fighting the Delta variant and knocking it down.

Does it work = it's hard to argue that anti virals and anti-inflamatories would not help viruses that primarily kill people by inflammation in the lungs. Lungs of dead COIVD patients often weigh 4 times the mass of normal deceased.

So the only question that is worth being discussed is to what level it works.
    HCQ follows the same pattern of political abuse.

Trusting the WHO after what they did to cause all the COVID deaths in this world is a non-starter.
    No matter what the left wing media tells you, Ivermectin and HCQ prescribed by a doctor is perfectly safe. If the doctor would not give me a prescription then i would be happy to use either but unfortunately would not have the doctors guidance due to big pharma interference. Smooth move CDC and US government. After all, it is not going to hurt me unless I take too high of a dose because of the FDA blocking my doctor.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

pjohns (09-06-2021)

+ Reply to Thread