User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Map showing legality of cannabis across the US and EU...

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    jgarden477's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 529x in 438 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I would legalize all drugs and put the money spent on policing, the courts and incarceration into rehabilitation!

The only "winners" profiting under the current system are a few "drug lords"and their distributors - meanwhile addicts are forced into prostitution and crime to finance their "habit," Latin American governments destabilized, the police and judicial system corrupted, executions, "turf" wars .....

Instead of focusing our attention on "those at the bottom of the food chain," Americans should be asking themselves as to why their nation is generating the demand, coupled with providing the financial incentives that "fuels" much of the world's illegal drug trade!

Why are so many US citizens, as compared to less affluent societies, caught up in its tentacles?
    Last edited by jgarden477; 09-16-2021 at 12:53 PM.
    Leviticus 20:9 - "If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother, and his blood will be on his own head.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden477 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (09-16-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden477 View Post
    Personally, I would legalize all drugs and put the money spent on policing, the courts and incarceration into rehabilitation! The only "winners" profiting under the current system are a few "drug lords"and their distributors - meanwhile addicts are forced into prostitution and crime to finance their "habit," Latin American governments destabilized, the police and judicial system corrupted, executions, "turf" wars ..... Instead of focusing our attention on "those at the bottom of the food chain," Americans should be asking themselves as to why their nation is generating the demand, coupled with providing the financial incentives that "fuels" much of the world's illegal drug trade! Why are so many US citizens, as compared to less affluent societies, caught up in its tentacles?
    I have long thought that's where it goes. Legalize, regulate, tax etc. Take the bad guys out of it.

I don't know if it'll work, though clearly what we are doing now isn't working. I have read articles that legalization hasn't worked in reducing dependency in the Scandinavian countries.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,891
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,651x in 28,241 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, you guys are killing my buzz!

Everyone's experience with drugs is different. I know some people that still get stoned every day. So that's 50 years and they still hold down jobs or retired from responsible lives. I also know kids that ended up living for nothing but getting high. I have no idea where they are. I had some friends that never made it through high school after running out of money and deciding to get high by sticking their head in the gas oven.
    Because of customers that I go to see, I get drug tested randomly but I think on the day I sell out later this year, I am going to score a little weed and get high. Just because I can. But to tell you the truth it puts me to sleep, that's my reaction.
    The propaganda is strong. I've watched friends whack out on acid the first time as kids to the point where we had to get them to the hospital but that is not the usual unless you watch propaganda films. I also had a friend that turned into a fighting maniac after 2 beers.

Don't believe everything you read.

I am for deregulation. The big reason that kids get started on it is because they are not supposed to. Same reason many started on cigarettes and booze.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,378x in 15,847 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden477 View Post
    Personally, I would legalize all drugs and put the money spent on policing, the courts and incarceration into rehabilitation!

I could agree with part of that in principle... Legalize all drugs and let people inject, ingest, or inhale whatever they want but don't spend a cent on rehabilitation or emergency lifesaving measures for those who choose to poison themselves.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    What they dont tell you about legalized weed, auto insurance has doubled in the last 5 yrs because of Cell phone an WEED related accidents.
    Young person 17 to 25 behind the wheel, cell phone, weed, someone dies or cars get mangled.

The media stoners do not want to truth to be told

Weed for pain many dont feel $#@! and most lie about it ending their pain to keep GETTING STONED

I have no need to walk through my life, stoned or drunk. I never needed to be high to have GREAT SEX, for pain.

Weed has one purpose to get you high, its a psychotropic PERIOD..you smoke or eat it with THC in it YOU are stoned

Most people who smoke weed STILL DRINK, you didnt replace alcohol with weed you added another means to get whacked and get double whacked by cross use....

SO many videos showing what weed does to people after heavy use, look at them in the videos long use of weed sizzles your head
    Pretty much everything you just said here is false. Of course, you have to tell yourself that "weed" is bad since you spent your entire career harassing, arresting, and imprisoning people for the "crime" of possessing it.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
    Wow...things are looking up!

We are well on our way to becoming a country of dope addicts and $#@!s. How wonderful!
    Right. Because giving adults the freedom to decide what goes in their own body means everyone will become drug addicts.

That must be why everyone in America is addicted to alcohol, which has been legal for decades.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    I saw that even as a teenager in the 70's. The potheads I knew acted like they had no common sense and their brains were fried.

The few times I came home on leave and bumped into them, they had gotten even worse.

There were only two of them, but man...what wasteoids they became.

That is when i figured weed DID actually kill brain cells.
    And yet I know bankers, engineers, medical doctors, computer scientists, etc., who use cannabis and are fine.

Almost as if there is a difference between responsible and irresponsible use of drugs.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I have long thought that's where it goes. Legalize, regulate, tax etc. Take the bad guys out of it.

I don't know if it'll work, though clearly what we are doing now isn't working. I have read articles that legalization hasn't worked in reducing dependency in the Scandinavian countries.
    Drug prohibition is evil. There is no justification for it whatsoever. We can debate about what, exactly, should replace it, but there is no real debate about the need to replace it comprehensively with something else.
    --John Adams

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to smoke about a pound of weed before my IQ got as low as Common's...
    --John Adams

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Drug prohibition is evil. There is no justification for it whatsoever. We can debate about what, exactly, should replace it, but there is no real debate about the need to replace it comprehensively with something else.
    No. It is not evil. Please research over the last 150 years why drugs have been prohibited. Do so unemotionally. There are valid reasons why they were prohibited, none of which has to do with being “evil“. As I stated, it is not working. It is time to rethink what we are doing.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

+ Reply to Thread