User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: U.K. Parliament Bans Chinese Ambassador.....

  1. #1
    Original Ranter
    Points: 331,431, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66563
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    82,984
    Points
    331,431
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    47,529
    Thanked 35,560x in 25,212 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    U.K. Parliament Bans Chinese Ambassador.....

    The British Parliament banned China's ambassador from attending its meetings after the Chinese government sanctioned leading China hawks in the U.K. government.


    A group of British lawmakers led by Foreign Affairs Committee chairman Tom Tugendhat sanctioned Chinese ambassador Zheng Zeguang from events in Parliament. The move completes a tit-for-tat exchange between the United Kingdom and China, which began after Beijing slapped restrictions on five members of Parliament in March. Zheng was set to attend a reception in the House of Commons Wednesday. Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle said extending continued invitations to Zheng after sanctions on British officials would not be "appropriate."


    The move comes as the United Kingdom takes a tough stance toward Beijing over its aggression in the South China Sea. London dispatched a fleet of British warships to the region in July in an effort to uphold freedom of navigation, a principle regularly violated by Chinese vessels.


    U.S. lawmakers, however, have yet to endorse a similar policy even after sanctions from the Chinese Communist Party on members of Congress......snip~


    U.K. Parliament Bans Chinese Ambassador (freebeacon.com)


    Yeah the Democrats wont be endorsing similar policy because they are compromised with China.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  2. #2
    Points: 62,041, Level: 60
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredSocial50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    20209
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    24,655
    Points
    62,041
    Level
    60
    Thanks Given
    24,064
    Thanked 20,201x in 12,943 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China is burning many bridges with the countries they depend on for exports.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

    MMC (09-14-2021)

  4. #3
    Original Ranter
    Points: 331,431, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66563
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    82,984
    Points
    331,431
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    47,529
    Thanked 35,560x in 25,212 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    China is burning many bridges with the countries they depend on for exports.
    More will be joining as they keep finding out about China's Mafia strategy.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

    carolina73 (Yesterday)

  6. #4
    Points: 46,247, Level: 52
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    933
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    9,469
    Points
    46,247
    Level
    52
    Thanks Given
    93
    Thanked 923x in 795 Posts
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    China is burning many bridges with the countries they depend on for exports.
    They only seem to have a problem with the US , and I think it's because the US has put itself into the too-hard basket .

  7. #5
    Original Ranter
    Points: 331,431, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66563
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    82,984
    Points
    331,431
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    47,529
    Thanked 35,560x in 25,212 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    They only seem to have a problem with the US , and I think it's because the US has put itself into the too-hard basket .


    1. China’s actions, not Australia’s words, are the problem ...

      https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/chinas-actions...
      Apr 28, 2021 China’s actions, not Australia’s words, are the problem. There’s a greater likelihood of major conflict in the Indo-Pacific region now than at any time since the end of the Vietnam War. That’s why the Australian government’s 2020 defence strategic update ended the longstanding planning assumption for the Australian Defence Force that ...




      How many countries have unfavorable opinion of China?



      Views of China have grown more negative in recent years across many advanced economies, and unfavorable opinion has soared over the past year, a new 14-country Pew Research Center survey shows. Today, a majority in each of the surveyed countries has an unfavorable opinion of China.
      Unfavorable Views of China Reach ... - Pew Research Center

      www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/10/06/unfavorable-vie…


      Looks like Taiwan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Brunei also have a problem with China.



      Then there is Japan, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Khazachstan, Kyrgyzstan, Algeria, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Oman, Somalia, Oman, Qatar and the Maldives.


      As usual Ivan Mao.....you just do all you can to avoid the truth.





    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

  8. #6
    Points: 67,869, Level: 63
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 881
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    10700
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Charleston South Carolina
    Posts
    31,326
    Points
    67,869
    Level
    63
    Thanks Given
    53,681
    Thanked 10,710x in 8,462 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJL View Post
    They only seem to have a problem with the US , and I think it's because the US has put itself into the too-hard basket .
    Read the first post.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.






  9. #7
    Points: 46,247, Level: 52
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    PJL's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    933
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    9,469
    Points
    46,247
    Level
    52
    Thanks Given
    93
    Thanked 923x in 795 Posts
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Read the first post.
    My reply was to Carolina's post , which is probably guilty of going "off-topic" .....then again , Carolina's post was also off-topic ........(I always read the first post , by the way)...(lol)

  10. #8
    Points: 23,085, Level: 36
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4964
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    5,577
    Points
    23,085
    Level
    36
    Thanks Given
    6,097
    Thanked 4,957x in 2,991 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The British Parliament banned China's ambassador from attending its meetings after the Chinese government sanctioned leading China hawks in the U.K. government.


    A group of British lawmakers led by Foreign Affairs Committee chairman Tom Tugendhat sanctioned Chinese ambassador Zheng Zeguang from events in Parliament. The move completes a tit-for-tat exchange between the United Kingdom and China, which began after Beijing slapped restrictions on five members of Parliament in March. Zheng was set to attend a reception in the House of Commons Wednesday. Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle said extending continued invitations to Zheng after sanctions on British officials would not be "appropriate."


    The move comes as the United Kingdom takes a tough stance toward Beijing over its aggression in the South China Sea. London dispatched a fleet of British warships to the region in July in an effort to uphold freedom of navigation, a principle regularly violated by Chinese vessels.


    U.S. lawmakers, however, have yet to endorse a similar policy even after sanctions from the Chinese Communist Party on members of Congress......snip~


    U.K. Parliament Bans Chinese Ambassador (freebeacon.com)


    Yeah the Democrats wont be endorsing similar policy because they are compromised with China.

    So are a whole lot of Republicans.

    Almost every member of the swamp has Chinese money in their wallets....Democrat AND Republican.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

  11. #9
    Original Ranter
    Points: 331,431, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66563
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Posts
    82,984
    Points
    331,431
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    47,529
    Thanked 35,560x in 25,212 Posts
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    So are a whole lot of Republicans.

    Almost every member of the swamp has Chinese money in their wallets....Democrat AND Republican.
    Its not comparable. Yes there are a few Repubs. But who has the majority with that issue?
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts