User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Teachers’ Union Passes Resolution That Rejects Israel’s Legitimacy......

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    They don't even worry about being political tools any longer. That is what they believe the Public Schools are for!

If I felt as many people feel, I'd pull my kids out of public school and home school them. That way it's a win-win; you are able to instill the values that you believe in and if everyone did this, there would be no need for public schools and thus no teachers, school buildings, administrative staff, etc. The savings in tax dollars would be incredible. So there is a solution for this debacle if people were to go through with it.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

MMC (09-24-2021)

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The San Diego chapter of the American Federation of Teachers passed a resolution this month rejecting Israel’s legitimacy as a country and accusing the Israeli government of carrying out ethnic cleansing, apartheid, and war crimes against Palestinians.

n the resolution, AFT Guild Local 1931, which represents community college teachers in San Diego, refers to Israel as "historic Palestine" and calls on the Biden administration to "hold Israel accountable for its complete disregard of international law" and implement a "prompt reassessment of military aid to Israel."

The resolution comes as hate crimes against Jewish Americans are on the rise and progressives across the United States ramp up a campaign of delegitimization and economic pressure against Israel. On Tuesday, House Democratic leadership removed funding for Israel’s missile defense shield from its spending bill, in response to protests from progressive lawmakers.

AFT national president Randi Weingarten told the Times of San Diego she was "troubled" by parts of the resolution but had no control over the chapter’s decision. The Anti-Defamation League called it "unconstructive and potentially detrimental to San Diego area students, parents, faculty, and administrators." A local Jewish group also condemned the resolution.....snip~

San Diego Teachers’ Union Passes Resolution That Rejects Israel’s Legitimacy (freebeacon.com)

This is what happens when you have leftists that dont know history. Especially those leftists that call themselves teachers.

WTF. They are supposed to teach subjects not political stances. why would the union even have a mechanism for such a thing?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

MMC (09-24-2021)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,929
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,640x in 28,236 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The teachers must be right. Teachers never lie.

The history of the country of Palestine goes back to...uh? around the year? with boundaries located at? at about the year of?

Well; maybe if they start their own 1619 project. They will have to make up a year since they have no country at any point of time.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

donttread (09-24-2021),MMC (09-24-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewell45 View Post
    If I felt as many people feel, I'd pull my kids out of public school and home school them. That way it's a win-win; you are able to instill the values that you believe in and if everyone did this, there would be no need for public schools and thus no teachers, school buildings, administrative staff, etc. The savings in tax dollars would be incredible. So there is a solution for this debacle if people were to go through with it.

You are correct and this year enrollment in Charter Schools is off the Charts. Along with a major increase in Home Schooling. Especially in Democrat $#@!holes. So it is moving in that direction.

Let these teachers and their Unions see that the American people dont give a $#@! about them anymore. Dont care if they lose their jobs. Pensions, benefits. None of it. Lets put them out of work. Out of Money and more importantly, out of relevancy.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (09-24-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct and this year enrollment in Charter Schools is off the Charts. Along with a major increase in Home Schooling. Especially in Democrat $#@!holes. So it is moving in that direction.

Let these teachers and their Unions see that the American people dont give a $#@! about them anymore. Dont care if they lose their jobs. Pensions, benefits. None of it. Lets put them out of work. Out of Money and more importantly, out of relevancy.
    I think home schooling alone is the answer; why pay someone to teach what you hope would be your values when only you as the parent know truly what your moral and civil values are. Charter and private schools can be organized so if you are trying to get away from unions in the schools, you are likely to fail miserably.
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

MMC (09-24-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think home schooling alone is the answer; why pay someone to teach what you hope would be your values when only you as the parent know truly what your moral and civil values are. Charter and private schools can be organized so if you are trying to get away from unions in the schools, you are likely to fail miserably.

I agree on the Home schooling. But Charter and Private schools now, Counter public schools. So they can be used against Public school teachers and their unions.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the Home schooling. But Charter and Private schools now, Counter public schools. So they can be used against Public school teachers and their unions.
    True, unless the unions are successful in organizing them which is always a possibility. If the teachers/staff are unhappy with the terms and conditions of employment they could possibly organize once they see the benefits there counterpart have in the public school districts.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

MMC (09-25-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, unless the unions are successful in organizing them which is always a possibility. If the teachers/staff are unhappy with the terms and conditions of employment they could possibly organize once they see the benefits there counterpart have in the public school districts.
    They have been seeing it for over a decade. The Unions have been failing with that regard. Plus Charter Schools and Private Schools have watched the Demos do all they can to shut them down and limit them.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jet57's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,368x in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The AFT as a body can pass whatever resolutions they want in the political arena as many organizations do. A resolution on a subject is nothing more than a statement of belief on an issue and carries no more weight than that. They cannot as a body or as individual members, alter any school curriculum. So you righties are upset again about nothing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jet57 For This Useful Post:

gamewell45 (09-24-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    The AFT as a body can pass whatever resolutions they want in the political arena as many organizations do. A resolution on a subject is nothing more than a statement of belief on an issue and carries no more weight than that. They cannot as a body or as individual members, alter any school curriculum. So you righties are upset again about nothing.
    That is a very good point. While resolutions can carry some weight, they cannot alter any school curriculum. I think that the unions like any other organization have an unfettered right to express their opinion on any issue; the teachers union just happens to be a very vocal organization which represents their teachers very well on most issues.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

jet57 (09-24-2021)

+ Reply to Thread