Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Xylitol.

It's in some sugar-free candies.

My sister gave me a bag of strawberry-flavored hard candies and they were really tasty. I put them in a bowl on my desk and sucked on one every 20 minutes or so while I worked.

Big mistake.
    Also Sorbital. I discovered that several years ago when I purchased a cough syrup that contained Sorbitol. After about a day, I had new 'symptoms' and thought my flu was getting worse. I went to the doctor who asked if I was using cough syrup with artificial sweetener and explained that several non-sugar sweeteners can cause unfortunate digestive issues - in particular, Sorbitol. I stopped taking the cough syrup and my new symptoms disappeared. The problem is, it's hard to find cough syrup that isn't artificially sweetened, so if you take it, I recommend a side order of Loperamide!
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (09-30-2021)

+ Reply to Thread