Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FREEDOM still lives !!!

I have always said repeatedly on here and anywhere else I am asked....MY PERSONAL definition of modern freedom.

My personal definition of modern freedom is solid, concrete, and measurable.

Can I have a case of military caliber ammunition ordered over the internet and delivered right to my front door ?
    A case being defined as 500 rounds or more. Measurable and concrete.

IN TEXAS...the answer is YES.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/bulk-556-ammo.html

This is not the stuff i bought, but I could have if i wanted to.

Rather than dink around with vague concepts, I choose this one to check my freedom against.

It means the politicians in my state and locality see me as a responsible citizen able to accept this responsibility wisely, rather than someone to be feared and controlled.

I accepted delivery of some .22LR ammo today as this particular brand is loved by my one and only 22 rifle.
    It is kinda hard to find and these people had it.
    CLICK...CLICK...SEND...a few days later...here it is.

FREEDOM LIVES !!!

...but tin cans and pine cones tremble at the concept.
    Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 10-12-2021 at 02:03 AM.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

donttread (10-12-2021)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,594x in 94,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can order bulk ammo here in VA.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

donttread (10-12-2021),Retirednsmilin308 (10-12-2021)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, California has outlawed lawnmowers and chainsaws.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

6. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Retirednsmilin308 (10-12-2021)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,062x in 24,886 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Meanwhile, California has outlawed lawnmowers and chainsaws.
    ...and gender specific toy aisles...
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

countryboy (10-12-2021),donttread (10-12-2021),Retirednsmilin308 (10-12-2021)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ammo is freedom! Well I'll be.... for criminals, robbers, mass murderers, etc that works well. Freedom for some of us is not being killed by some nutcase who bought his ammo around the corner.

"Fourteen-year-old boys are not part of a well-regulated militia. Members of wacky religious cults are not part of a well-regulated militia. Permitting unregulated citizens to have guns is destroying the security of this free state." Molly Ivins

Every day, 316 people are shot in the United States. Among those:

https://www.bradyunited.org/key-statistics

Guns kill 1,300 US children every year, study finds

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40336048

A day in America

"3 adults, 1 child found shot to death inside Alaska hotel room
    Police: Man shot dead while trying to stop man from beating woman
    3 shot while hanging Christmas lights amid fight with driver
    Good Samaritan fatally shot outside Northwest Side Walmart
    Accused Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof competent to stand trial"

"Eric manufactured three more pipe bombs: the Charlie batch. Then he halted production until December. What he needed was guns. And that was becoming a problem.

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993. A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.

"Fu-ck you Brady!" Eric wrote in his journal. All he wanted was a couple of guns - "and thanks to your fu-cking bill I will probably not get any!" He wanted them only for personal protection, he joked: "Its not like I'm some psycho who would go on a shooting spree. fu-ckers."
    Eric frequently made his research do double duty for both schoolwork and his master plan. He wrote up a short research assignment on the Brady Bill that week. It was a good idea in theory, he said, aside from the loopholes. The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. [b]A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fu-cking firearms!" p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state." “The Most Mysterious Right,” National Review

Gun nuts are those who think the second amendment allows psychopaths access to weapons to massacre men, women, and children and defend that as a right and a responsible position.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/23/justic...xico-shooting/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Ammo is freedom! Well I'll be.... for criminals, robbers, mass murderers, etc that works well. Freedom for some of us is not being killed by some nutcase who bought his ammo around the corner.

"Fourteen-year-old boys are not part of a well-regulated militia. Members of wacky religious cults are not part of a well-regulated militia. Permitting unregulated citizens to have guns is destroying the security of this free state." Molly Ivins

A day in America

"Eric manufactured three more pipe bombs: the Charlie batch. Then he halted production until December. What he needed was guns. And that was becoming a problem.

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993. A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.

"Fu-ck you Brady!" Eric wrote in his journal. All he wanted was a couple of guns - "and thanks to your fu-cking bill I will probably not get any!" He wanted them only for personal protection, he joked: "Its not like I'm some psycho who would go on a shooting spree. fu-ckers."
    Eric frequently made his research do double duty for both schoolwork and his master plan. He wrote up a short research assignment on the Brady Bill that week. It was a good idea in theory, he said, aside from the loopholes. The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. [b]A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fu-cking firearms!" p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state." “The Most Mysterious Right,” National Review

Gun nuts are those who think the second amendment allows psychopaths access to weapons to massacre men, women, and children and defend that as a right and a responsible position.

Pretty sure you just called me a NUTCASE....a criminal, a robber, and a mass murderer.
    You should THINK before letting your emotionalism rule your posts.

Last edited by Retirednsmilin308; 10-12-2021 at 07:10 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-12-2021)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A day in America

The ability to defend oneself against the nuts out there is a measure of freedom.

Keep your pepper spray dry--just hope you don't have the nozzle aimed backwards when you spray your assailant.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retirednsmilin308 View Post
    Pretty sure you just called me a NUTCASE....a criminal, a robber, and a mass murderer.
    You should THINK before letting your emotionalism rule your posts.

That one is very much into controlling others--ostensibly to make himself feel more secure.

He wouldn't know freedom if it bit him in the butt.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,594x in 94,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A day in America

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    The ability to defend oneself against the nuts out there is a measure of freedom.

Keep your pepper spray dry--just hope you don't have the nozzle aimed backwards when you spray your assailant.

Let them try that at 20 yards outside.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Retirednsmilin308 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (10-12-2021)

+ Reply to Thread