User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealthing: California bans non-consensual condom removal

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,832x in 14,748 Posts
    Mentioned
    730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Stealthing: California bans non-consensual condom removal

California bans non-consensual condom removal..

DE69A982-0BFC-430B-B2DD-AEC3C07FC964.jpeg

Full disclosure: I have never heard of this. Back in the day, I could not imagine removing the condom and potentially making a baby. That would not have worked, would’ve jeopardized long-term plans and forced issues and potential diseases that nobody wanted to consider.

About 30 years ago, just months after starting work as a prostitute, Maxine Doogan became pregnant. She had been with a new client at a massage parlour in Anchorage, Alaska, when she realised he had removed his condom surreptitiously during intercourse. Shocked, she ran to the bathroom. When she returned the client was gone. Doogan, then in her mid-twenties, went to a nearby health clinic for a round of tests for sexually transmitted infections and later gave a silent thanks for each negative result.
    Six weeks later, Doogan sought an abortion. It cost her around $300 (about 220 at today's conversion rate) and after the procedure she couldn't work for a month. What the client did was wrong. But as far as she knew it wasn't illegal.

Last Thursday, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed into law a bipartisan bill that outlaws non-consensual condom removal, known as "stealthing". The new legislation adds the act to the state's civil definition of sexual battery, making California the first US state to render stealthing illegal.

The law gives victims a clear legal remedy for the assault that Doogan, who now lives in San Francisco, suffered decades ago. And advocates say it marks a sea change for other survivors who, unlike Doogan, might now have their day in court. "We wanted to make sure that it's not only immoral, but illegal," said California Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia who introduced the bill.

6A0A6913-4155-4C4C-A170-6F6BD56C9781.jpeg

BEBD2158-ACAB-4D64-9EB5-D84E396E3B48.jpeg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58848000
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison
    The Columbia Journalism Review describes Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt. https://www.cjr.org/innovations/meas...s-partisan.php

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 114,959x in 74,526 Posts
    Mentioned
    2419 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never heard of that. I have unknowingly bust a condom- I guess it was too small. That caused a month or two of anxiety.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,832x in 14,748 Posts
    Mentioned
    730 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I never heard of that. I have unknowingly bust a condom- I guess it was too small. That caused a month or two of anxiety.

OMG - remember those days...? All that was left was the rubber band at the end..? Talk about stroking out...
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison
    The Columbia Journalism Review describes Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt. https://www.cjr.org/innovations/meas...s-partisan.php

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-12-2021)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 36,489x in 25,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last Thursday, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed into law a bipartisan bill that outlaws non-consensual condom removal, known as "stealthing". The new legislation adds the act to the state's civil definition of sexual battery, making California the first US state to render stealthing illegal.....snip~

Another first for California.

David Lee Roth said.....he wishes they all can be California Girls.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread