User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘High-Class Problem’: Here are the Latest Goods to See Prices Spike Due to Biden-flat

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

‘High-Class Problem’: Here are the Latest Goods to See Prices Spike Due to Biden-flat

‘High-Class Problem’: Here are the Latest Goods to See Prices Spike Due to Biden-flation.....

Is it still a high-class problem? The Biden administration’s take on the global supply chain crisis and rising inflation have shown what happens when insulated rich liberals take over Washington. They don’t know real people. They’re not in touch with normal Americans. And when these issues arise—they blame working families for them. We’re already seeing empty shelves in supermarkets. Some holiday items might not be readily available. And now, a new slate of goods from Proctor and Gamble could be seeing another spike in prices. I guess we little people don’t need toilet paper, paper towels, razor blades, toothbrushes, or toothpaste. That’s a high-class issue, right (via NY Post):

The maker of Crest toothpaste and Tide laundry detergent said it would raise prices — again — joining a list of US manufacturers passing the rising cost of raw goods onto consumers.
    The move by Procter & Gamble comes as some measures of inflation already are stuck at 30-year highs — signaling there’s still no end in sight for rising prices.
    P&G said Tuesday it would hike prices on a host of beauty, oral care and grooming goods, which include Gillette razors, Oil of Olay creams and Oral-B toothbrushes.
    That’s after warning this spring that it would be forced to hike prices on its paper-based products, which include Pampers diapers, Bounty paper towels and Tampax tampons.

What about fixed-income seniors? They’re screwed too. We’re not even digging into how this will truly nuke home budgets when colder temperatures settle in and heating bills are due. Biden’s war on natural gas is going to cause 30-50 percent spikes in heating costs this year. Brush your teeth or heat your home—that’s the choice that’s going to be debated in millions of homes if Biden doesn’t get his act together.....snip~

‘High-Class Problem’: Here are the Latest Goods to See Prices Spike Due to Biden-flation (townhall.com)

Its a coming! But I doubt leftists will hold Deviant Biden or any others from Team Deviant responsible.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (10-20-2021)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,259x in 17,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone has been mentioning inflation is hitting basic manufacturing and transportation costs. When the basics go up just about everything goes up!

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 770
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    OLD GUY IN FLORIDA's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,708x in 4,549 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuel surcharge for my clients carriers was 30 cents a mile last year. Its 48 cents a mile this year, a 60% increase in fuel cost which directly affects the cost of transporting goods across the nation. A year ago diesel prices were $2.39 per gallon. Prices ending 10/18/2021 were $3.671 per gallon, a 55% increase in price.

The ironic thing is that joe biden doesn't count fuel and food into the inflation rate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OLD GUY IN FLORIDA For This Useful Post:

MMC (10-20-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    The fuel surcharge for my clients carriers was 30 cents a mile last year. Its 48 cents a mile this year, a 60% increase in fuel cost which directly affects the cost of transporting goods across the nation. A year ago diesel prices were $2.39 per gallon. Prices ending 10/18/2021 were $3.671 per gallon, a 55% increase in price.

The ironic thing is that joe biden doesn't count fuel and food into the inflation rate.
    Thats because Deviant Biden and Team are attempting to use inflation as a tool.

Back then, a theory known as "cost-push inflation" was popular. The idea was that inflation resulted from businesses in certain industries raising their prices in response to higher costs. But if consumers lack purchasing power, they will cut back on overall consumption or substitute less costly goods and services for those that are becoming more expensive.

"[The cost-push] hypothesis (1) confuses changes in relative prices with inflation, a continuously rising overall level of prices, and (2) neglects the role that the money supply plays in the determination of the overall price level. The idea that greedy businesses and/or labor unions can cause a continual rise in prices cannot be supported by either the conceptual development or the empirical evidence provided."

Former Federal Reserve Chair Paul Volcker - appointed by then-President Jimmy Carter, a Democrat - understood this truth and finally broke inflation by throttling money supply growth. The cost was a painful double-dip recession from 1979 to 1982, but it set the stage for non-inflationary prosperity later in the 1980s and through the 1990s.....snip~

Crackpot Economics of the Modern Left (thepoliticalforums.com)
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    JMWinPR's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13x in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see it as an attempt, I see it as enemy action.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JMWinPR For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (10-20-2021),MMC (10-20-2021)

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassSocial5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Great_American's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 527x in 380 Posts
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a cheap-ass. I go to the Dollar Store for cleaning stuff, detergents, toothpaste and all that. Always a dollar.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Great_American For This Useful Post:

MMC (10-20-2021)

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    The Baron's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15x in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    ‘High-Class Problem’: Here are the Latest Goods to See Prices Spike Due to Biden-flation.....
    Is it still a high-class problem? The Biden administration’s take on the global supply chain crisis and rising inflation have shown what happens when insulated rich liberals take over Washington. They don’t know real people. They’re not in touch with normal Americans. And when these issues arise—they blame working families for them. We’re already seeing empty shelves in supermarkets. Some holiday items might not be readily available. And now, a new slate of goods from Proctor and Gamble could be seeing another spike in prices. I guess we little people don’t need toilet paper, paper towels, razor blades, toothbrushes, or toothpaste. That’s a high-class issue, right (via NY Post):
    The maker of Crest toothpaste and Tide laundry detergent said it would raise prices — again — joining a list of US manufacturers passing the rising cost of raw goods onto consumers.
    The move by Procter & Gamble comes as some measures of inflation already are stuck at 30-year highs — signaling there’s still no end in sight for rising prices.
    P&G said Tuesday it would hike prices on a host of beauty, oral care and grooming goods, which include Gillette razors, Oil of Olay creams and Oral-B toothbrushes.
    That’s after warning this spring that it would be forced to hike prices on its paper-based products, which include Pampers diapers, Bounty paper towels and Tampax tampons.
    What about fixed-income seniors? They’re screwed too. We’re not even digging into how this will truly nuke home budgets when colder temperatures settle in and heating bills are due. Biden’s war on natural gas is going to cause 30-50 percent spikes in heating costs this year. Brush your teeth or heat your home—that’s the choice that’s going to be debated in millions of homes if Biden doesn’t get his act together.....snip~
    ‘High-Class Problem’: Here are the Latest Goods to See Prices Spike Due to Biden-flation (townhall.com)
    Its a coming! But I doubt leftists will hold Deviant Biden or any others from Team Deviant responsible.
    I have a theory about this. My theory is that most American's are stupid. But I keep getting into trouble for saying so.

So why do I say American's are stupid?

Because all of this was predicted. Anybody who follows politics or knew anything about Joe Biden could have told you what was going to happen if he got elected and still more people voted for Joe Biden than any other president in history. But people voted for him anyway?

Why?

Most American's are stupid.

And with everything that has happened, with his polls in the dumpster, with everything that was predicted about Biden coming true and with his policies actively hurting their budgets, unbelievably, people are still going to vote for his re-election.

Why?

Last edited by The Baron; 10-20-2021 at 05:27 PM.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Baron For This Useful Post:

JMWinPR (10-21-2021),MMC (10-20-2021)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    I have a theory about this. My theory is that most American's are stupid. But I keep getting into trouble for saying so?

So why do I say American's are stupid?

Because all of this was predicted. Anybody who follows politics or knew anything about Joe Biden could have told you what was going to happen if he got elected and still more people voted for Joe Biden than any other president in history. But people voted for him anyway?

Why?

And with everything that has happened, with his polls in the dumpster, with everything that was predicted about Biden coming true and with his policies actively hurting their budgets, unbelievably, people are still going to vote for his re-election.

Why?

Well you have to remember that leftists go all thru public school never comprehending reading and math at grade level. Then they graduate that way and allowed into college and the workforce(if they work) Always never up to par.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    The Baron's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15x in 10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well you have to remember that leftists go all thru public school never comprehending reading and math at grade level. Then they graduate that way and allowed into college and the workforce(if they work) Always never up to par.
    I think it has to do with the fact that most Americans vote--or, at least, appear--to vote with their emotions and not with their intellect.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

15. The Following User Says Thank You to The Baron For This Useful Post:

MMC (10-21-2021)

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,708
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,908x in 18,638 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    I think it has to do with the fact that most Americans vote--or, at least, appear--to vote with their emotions and not with their intellect.

How can they? You just said most of them are stupid.
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

+ Reply to Thread