User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: "The U.S Dollar will be dead in ten years "

  1. #1
    Points: 81,396, Level: 69
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    17304
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    22,888
    Points
    81,396
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    18,785
    Thanked 17,298x in 11,325 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    "The U.S Dollar will be dead in ten years "

    https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-10-2...-in-5-yrs.html



    (Kitco News) A monetary system collapse is coming, and the trigger will be raging inflation, said Lawrence Lepard, Equity Management Associates managing partner.

    "We've reached peak debt and peak money printing as a solution to our problems. The growth of the money supply has almost gone vertical," Lepard told Michelle Makori, editor-in-chief of Kitco News. "And this is how inflation, which could become hyperinflation, get started.
    Last edited by Cotton1; 10-22-2021 at 05:21 PM.
    "Live and learn from fools and from sages" ....Tyler

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

    montana (10-22-2021),RMNIXON (10-22-2021)

  3. #2
    Points: 19,588, Level: 33
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    montana's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    2856
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,053
    Points
    19,588
    Level
    33
    Thanks Given
    3,553
    Thanked 2,846x in 1,365 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like 5 as China can aid in reducing the dollar to zero and will when the time is right for them.

  4. #3
    Points: 81,396, Level: 69
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    17304
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    22,888
    Points
    81,396
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    18,785
    Thanked 17,298x in 11,325 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    More like 5 as China can aid in reducing the dollar to zero and will when the time is right for them.
    Unleashing Covid upon the globe was a brilliant move by China. It compromised economies, ramped up inflation and killed 700,000 innocent civilians in the US. China is also busy with their own digital currency, the "e-yuan".
    "Live and learn from fools and from sages" ....Tyler

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

    montana (10-23-2021)

  6. #4
    Points: 561,004, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    414534
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    171,640
    Points
    561,004
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    22,285
    Thanked 62,109x in 43,520 Posts
    Mentioned
    1880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It'll cost more to print than it's worth.
    Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.
    Louis Brandeis,Dissenting, Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438, 479 (1928)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    Cotton1 (10-22-2021)

  8. #5
    Points: 300,974, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    291028
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington
    Posts
    132,453
    Points
    300,974
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    16,772
    Thanked 60,025x in 43,120 Posts
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    https://www.kitco.com/news/2021-10-2...-in-5-yrs.html



    (Kitco News) A monetary system collapse is coming, and the trigger will be raging inflation, said Lawrence Lepard, Equity Management Associates managing partner.

    "We've reached peak debt and peak money printing as a solution to our problems. The growth of the money supply has almost gone vertical," Lepard told Michelle Makori, editor-in-chief of Kitco News. "And this is how inflation, which could become hyperinflation, get started.
    I don’t but into these predictions of doom and gloom.
    Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

  9. #6
    Points: 81,396, Level: 69
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    17304
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    22,888
    Points
    81,396
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    18,785
    Thanked 17,298x in 11,325 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    I don’t but into these predictions of doom and gloom.
    I'm not as deep into the projection as he is but to a lesser degree than stated I think he's on the mark. Our current debt to GDP at 107% and rising is the possible precursor to such an event. We are already beyond the "tipping point" in regards to debt/GDP.
    Last edited by Cotton1; 10-22-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    "Live and learn from fools and from sages" ....Tyler

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

    montana (10-23-2021)

  11. #7
    Points: 68,747, Level: 63
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredSocial50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    22469
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    27,326
    Points
    68,747
    Level
    63
    Thanks Given
    27,770
    Thanked 22,461x in 14,339 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee Kitco should be selling this from the deck of a battleship.

    The dollar is a concern but a ex-USA company that is selling precious metals obviously has a motive in spreading dollar panic.

    Remember that there is one thing saving the dollar. The rest of the world is equally screwed up. China's real debt to GDP is 200% plus. China's tactic is to consume US dollars and Western Currencies, through exports to them. It is their way to prop up their economic shell.
    And stupid Americans and Europeans do it because their governments just want low priced junk to pacify the masses.




    If Gold and Silver is such a sure thing then why are they selling it instead of holding on to it?
    Last edited by carolina73; 10-22-2021 at 06:24 PM.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

  12. #8
    Points: 81,396, Level: 69
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,054
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    17304
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Memphis and Arkansas
    Posts
    22,888
    Points
    81,396
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    18,785
    Thanked 17,298x in 11,325 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Gee Kitco should be selling this from the deck of a battleship.

    The dollar is a concern but a ex-USA company that is selling precious metals obviously has a motive in spreading dollar panic.

    Remember that there is one thing saving the dollar. The rest of the world is equally screwed up. China's real debt to GDP is 200% plus. China's tactic is to consume US dollars and Western Currencies, through exports to them. It is their way to prop up their economic shell.
    And stupid Americans and Europeans do it because their governments just want low priced junk to pacify the masses.




    If Gold and Silver is such a sure thing then why are they selling it instead of holding on to it?
    I don't like gold and silver and hold none of it.
    "Live and learn from fools and from sages" ....Tyler

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts