Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
While trying to reinvent itself for island hopping in the Pacific, the USMC is getting dangerously sidetracked by diversity and Wokeness. The Commandant doesn't agree with the Wokeness part, but that is exactly what it is. The Marines needs warriors who can effectively use the technology provided to modern day Marines, not diversity.

Marine Corps is reinventing itself 'to reflect America,' focus on diversity: top general

That may or may not be a problem depending on recruitment. The 25% remaining will make up the NCO corps.
Peter, you didn't provide a link in your OP, but I believe I tracked it down to a story on the Fox News site - which was based on an interview the General gave to NPR. I think that reading the original NPR story gives a better, more accurate picture of what was being discussed and what General Berger actually said.

"To compete in an age of cyber warfare and space-based weaponry, the Marines wants to shake its "manpower" model that historically prized youth, physical fitness and discipline over education, training and technical skills. According to the new plan, the aim is to grow a corps that is "more intelligent, physically fit, cognitively mature, and experienced."

"The capabilities that we think we're going to need are a force that's able to operate much more distributed, much more spread out than perhaps we're accustomed to in the past, using a different set of technologies than we had five or 10 or 15 years ago," he said. "I think the people that we bring in will be able to handle the technologies and also the decision-making. It's really more about the decision-making than it is about technology."

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/12/1054790980/marine-corps-david-berger-diversity-military

The General wasn't describing the new recruiting focus in terms of race, gender identity or any of that - he's talking about recruiting more nerds.

Considering the current social atmosphere, it's understandable that many would assume the worst when they hear about something "reflecting America". In this instance, fortunately, it's an anxiety that isn't warranted.