User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would we have listened if the request were reasonable and accurrate?

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,651x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would we have listened if the request were reasonable and accurrate?

What I mean is what if the ultra Woke asked instead of demanded? What if they talked of possible causes vs automatic white racism and "privelidge "
    Or of begining an orderly transition to less dependence on fossil fuels vs just demanding we stop using them?
    Or hey stop picking on menatlly ill folks who think changing their gender will help vs those people ARE the other gender.?

What would have happened to the political landscape if leaders had hostely tried to unite rather than divide us?
    Would anyone on either side have listened? I wonder? Did the people get what they wanted after all?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Omar (11-15-2021)

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    OLD GUY IN FLORIDA's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,149x in 4,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    What I mean is what if the ultra Woke asked instead of demanded? What if they talked of possible causes vs automatic white racism and "privelidge "
    Or of begining an orderly transition to less dependence on fossil fuels vs just demanding we stop using them?
    Or hey stop picking on menatlly ill folks who think changing their gender will help vs those people ARE the other gender.?

What would have happened to the political landscape if leaders had hostely tried to unite rather than divide us?
    Would anyone on either side have listened? I wonder? Did the people get what they wanted after all?
    One does not "negotiate" with a two year old. The "wokeness" are like small children. They have no idea why they are whining and crying but "I want my Maypo" is the controlling emotion. What reasonable argument could the left make that would lead us to a compromise on any of these isues?
    Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OLD GUY IN FLORIDA For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-15-2021),carolina73 (11-15-2021),Chuck (11-15-2021)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,651x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    One does not "negotiate" with a two year old. The "wokeness" are like small children. They have no idea why they are whining and crying but "I want my Maypo" is the controlling emotion. What reasonable argument could the left make that would lead us to a compromise on any of these isues?
    So no we would not have listened? Some of this is real. Like laughing at transitioning people in public or worse. Inner city people do start out with two strikes. Etc. We couls all work togetehr to make our country better. But many of you have pre-agreed to disagree over anything.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,872x in 10,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inner-city people start out with what they allowed. I have no pity for them. Yes, pity is what they want.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,536
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,159x in 28,540 Posts
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one screaming "white privilege" can define it.

What happened is that the black race has decided that because they do not want to blend in with the rest of the melting pot that we all need to conform to what they want people to do and act like. The black race segregates itself.

If they decide to self segregate and not have any common interests or lifestyles than the rest of America then they achieved their goal. Those that chose not to join them are doing perfectly fine but the others resent them for succeeding.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (11-15-2021)

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    OLD GUY IN FLORIDA's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,149x in 4,773 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So no we would not have listened? Some of this is real. Like laughing at transitioning people in public or worse. Inner city people do start out with two strikes. Etc. We couls all work togetehr to make our country better. But many of you have pre-agreed to disagree over anything.

Would you have listened to the arguments of Hitler? Would you listen to the arguments of the demonstrably insane. I am more than willing to, for example, watch while energy companies either shoot themselves in the foot or create new and viable sources of energy. I will not listen to bureaucrats tell me why laws should be put in place to force that.

I will not listen to any argument regarding people of one gender believing they are actually another gender. I will not engage in harassment of any person or group but I will never consider their claim of normalcy.

The one group that does not wish to discuss race in a rational manner are the woke. Race relations will not change completely overnight but as compared to the 1950's we had come a very long way in making changes. Then along came Barack Obama who wanted to undo 50 years of progress and now we have Black Lives Matter who we are supposed to accept without question. They don't want discussion, they just want white people gone.

So, don't pretend its the right who are causing these problems.
    Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,260
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,656x in 4,709 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    " Or of begining an orderly transition to less dependence on fossil fuels vs just demanding we stop using them?
    This is the only way that could work IMO. Finding renewable energy sources is something everybody can get behind, I would think.
    But you can't just yank away all of our oil and gas production without having something viable in its place. Just cranking the prices up and making everyone suffer isn't going to get people on your side.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

Chuck (11-15-2021),donttread (11-16-2021)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Chuck's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 859x in 617 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most left wing whining is patently absurd, and deliberately so, and so is some of the right wing nonsense. We need a 'Radical Center' to send both wings back to the treehouses they came from.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chuck For This Useful Post:

donttread (11-16-2021),Omar (11-15-2021)

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,260
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,656x in 4,709 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Most left wing whining is patently absurd, and deliberately so, and so is some of the right wing nonsense. We need a 'Radical Center' to send both wings back to the treehouses they came from.
    A radical center, that's an interesting idea. I guess it can't happen, just by the definition of it.
    The problem with the center is that the center keeps drifting to the left, because the radical left keeps going further and further to the left. So other leftness sounds moderate in comparison.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,549x in 55,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    No one screaming "white privilege" can define it.

What happened is that the black race has decided that because they do not want to blend in with the rest of the melting pot that we all need to conform to what they want people to do and act like. The black race segregates itself.

If they decide to self segregate and not have any common interests or lifestyles than the rest of America then they achieved their goal. Those that chose not to join them are doing perfectly fine but the others resent them for succeeding.

Hell, they cannot even define racism as this video shows.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (11-16-2021),donttread (11-16-2021)

+ Reply to Thread