Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    That's the dude from Benson, right?
    Yes, that's René Auberjonois. He was in Benson, but I remember him better as Odo on Star Trek Deep Space 9.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Mister D (11-27-2021)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    That's the dude from Benson, right?
    I'm not sure, I never really watched that show. The actor's name is René Auberjonois, I know him mainly from Star Trek DS9.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Street Glider's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 211x in 122 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chinese take-out ain't what it used to be.

Nowadays, at least around here, anyway, the food comes in plastic containers reminiscent of Tupperware. I miss the paper boxes with the thin wire handles; the ones which actually open up into a plate. And I hate that you have to ask for chopsticks. Those, along with fortune cookies, were standard fare. I don't care much about the inclusion of chopsticks these days. I have a pretty extensive collection of some nicer sets...

I don't eat Chinese food often but, when I get that craving, absolutely nothing else will do the job...

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,093x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Glider View Post
    Chinese take-out ain't what it used to be.

Nowadays, at least around here, anyway, the food comes in plastic containers reminiscent of Tupperware. I miss the paper boxes with the thin wire handles; the ones which actually open up into a plate. And I hate that you have to ask for chopsticks. Those, along with fortune cookies, were standard fare. I don't care much about the inclusion of chopsticks these days. I have a pretty extensive collection of some nicer sets...

I don't eat Chinese food often but, when I get that craving, absolutely nothing else will do the job...
    I've noticed in recent years that those paperboard containers are minus the wire handles. I assume that this is to facilitate microwaving the leftovers, for the benefit of those who don't own a plate. Personally I like most Chinese food leftovers, like my leftover pizza, cold and eat it right out of the containers. I've never seen Chinese food come in plastic containers, and I'm not sure I would like to, nor would I trust it.

Back in the '70s, when my P-3 squadron would deploy to Misawa, Japan, I used to like to go to the town's Chinese restaurant, which served some really good food. (I never really got into Japanese cuisine when I was there, except for the boneless fried chicken, which I would happily crawl over broken glass right now to have again.) They served other kinds of food, as well, and I once made the mistake of asking them to make me a hamburger and a chocolate milk shake, just to see what they'd come up with. (Don't ask - it was pretty sad.) I once saw a Japanese family there happily eating spaghetti, and no they were not using chopsticks.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

+ Reply to Thread