Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,818x in 15,384 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    While I support the right of transexual individuals to do many things in life and society, participation in sports competitions at any level - at least in the case of male-to-female trans folks - is not one of those things. It makes absolutely no sense, and allowing it only exacerbates animosity toward trans individuals.

Here's the thing, though - and I believe that herein lies the answer to why many otherwise sensible people feel that they have to support letting it happen. Reading the rhetoric of many who oppose it, it's clear that their opposition to and hatred of transexuals is in no way limited to those who want to participate in women's sports; it is directed at all trans people, in every situation. (Reference the OP: ..."This tranny creature...") Given the choice between aligning myself with those who advocate for and support the rights of trans people, even if it has to include things like this, and appearing to be joining the ranks of people who hate and insult indiscriminately, I will have to choose the lesser of the two evils.

In other words, if those who support the legislation in question and oppose genetic men participating in women's sports would tone down the insulting language and mute the attitude a bit, more liberals would be willing to openly join them in their opposition.
    A very simple solution, ALL trans athletes compete against men, trans women are men and trans men are using growth hormones biological women are prohibited from taking.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,570
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,141x in 28,533 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I support the right of transexual individuals to do many things in life and society, participation in sports competitions at any level - at least in the case of male-to-female trans folks - is not one of those things. It makes absolutely no sense, and allowing it only exacerbates animosity toward trans individuals.

Here's the thing, though - and I believe that herein lies the answer to why many otherwise sensible people feel that they have to support letting it happen. Reading the rhetoric of many who oppose it, it's clear that their opposition to and hatred of transexuals is in no way limited to those who want to participate in women's sports; it is directed at all trans people, in every situation. (Reference the OP: ..."This tranny creature...") Given the choice between aligning myself with those who advocate for and support the rights of trans people, even if it has to include things like this, and appearing to be joining the ranks of people who hate and insult indiscriminately, I will have to choose the lesser of the two evils.

In other words, if those who support the legislation in question and oppose genetic men participating in women's sports would tone down the insulting language and mute the attitude a bit, more liberals would be willing to openly join them in their opposition.
    I don't think that is the normal case at all.

I think most of us know that sex and gender is the same thing and there are two of them.
    A male is still a male by any other name.

Assuming that it because of hate is just what liberals do by assumption because leftists cannot accept other people's opinions.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

MMC (12-14-2021)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,629x in 56,017 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It’s inapplicable that high school sports and the NCAA is sanctioning this. Are they trying to prove a point or force an agenda?
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my youth this would have never happened. We were bold and wanted female sports. I would have never allowed my girls to even play on a team that allowed this. I don't feel sorry for any female that that doesn't make a bold stand. They want me to feel sorry for this female that fought a bio male, I don't, she had a choice to boldly take a stand and say NO. These little woke females I have no respect for you and we were the ones that led the way for female sports.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,182
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    A very simple solution, ALL trans athletes compete against men, trans women are men and trans men are using growth hormones biological women are prohibited from taking.
    It is my understanding that individuals transitioning to female are given Estrogen and possibly other "female hormones", which are not the human growth hormones prohibited for use by athletes. As for testosterone, female-to-male transsexuals are given doses that cause their testosterone levels to approximate but not exceed the normal testosterone found in a genetic male.
    “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    I don't think that is the normal case at all.

I think most of us know that sex and gender is the same thing and there are two of them.
    A male is still a male by any other name.

Assuming that it because of hate is just what liberals do by assumption because leftists cannot accept other people's opinions.
    I do not assume hate, but neither am I blind to it when I see or hear it. If someone makes a rational argument against, in this case, male-to-female transsexuals competing in women's sports, I'm not going to assume that that person's opinion indicates hatred on their part. If, on the other hand, someone employs terms like "tranny creature" or dismisses all transsexuals as "deviates" or "perverts", that speaks of something other than mere disagreement - more than just a reaction to "other people's opinions".

If someone is arguing against the private ownership of firearms and in the course of doing so describes gun owners as "macho, barrel-stroking rednecks", I don't believe it's a stretch to suggest that discussion has taken a back seat to emotion and insult...and the same goes for the person on the other side of the argument who dismisses gun control advocates as "pale, whiny p*ssy liberal wimps". Neither is the legitimate expression of an opinion - just a personal attack on an ideological opponent. Attacks based on emotion should be called out as such and not defended as opinions.
    “Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    In my youth this would have never happened. We were bold and wanted female sports. I would have never allowed my girls to even play on a team that allowed this. I don't feel sorry for any female that that doesn't make a bold stand. They want me to feel sorry for this female that fought a bio male, I don't, she had a choice to boldly take a stand and say NO. These little woke females I have no respect for you and we were the ones that led the way for female sports.
    I have taken a similar line throughout this controversy - that the women involved should simply refuse to compete. However it just occurred to me that many female college athletes are attending college on athletic scholarships. Not quite as many scholarships for female athletes exist as for men, but the numbers are surprisingly (to me, at least) close. Refuse to compete and lose your scholarship and your university education. More reason that a resort to the law is probably necessary.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (12-14-2021)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,818x in 15,384 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is my understanding that individuals transitioning to female are given Estrogen and possibly other "female hormones", which are not the human growth hormones prohibited for use by athletes. As for testosterone, female-to-male transsexuals are given doses that cause their testosterone levels to approximate but not exceed the normal testosterone found in a genetic male.
    Yup, that's what I said.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Skull's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 183x in 111 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    Going back I was a critic of title IX because if gave preference to women's sports funding and support. Equity in funding was unfair if more college men were interested in sports to me..........
    Who knew I would be on their side in so short a time, I never would have taken what they had away with such insanity as this!
    If it were merely insanity, that is forgivable, but I suspect it is mainly cowardice - fear of being called anti-trannies!

Just noticed Mr Wolf's "If, on the other hand, someone employs terms like "tranny creature" ...

Yes it is more than disagreement by me, no hate, just disgust that folks with a twisted sexual proclivity & extra money take up this pastime. I am so odd that when I see women & girls who get plastic surgery from some emotional wish to be prettier, I am similarly disgusted.

Body fascination has always been powerful, but nowadays it is way out of hand.
    Last edited by Skull; 12-14-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    sark's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 96x in 73 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idiocy--stupid--plain and simple ......if you don't let the '''trannys'''' compete against females, it's NOT violating their ''''rights''' ......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sark For This Useful Post:

Skull (12-14-2021)

+ Reply to Thread