Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,586x in 55,991 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    It was the worst performing Recession recovery since WWII. The only way that happens is deliberate with oppressive economic policy, tax policy, over regulation, and Obamacare mandates when small business was trying to recover.

All Trump had to do was cut that cord and the American People did the recovery. COVID was an outside intrusion and looking at the 2020 election numbers it is clear Trump would have had a landslide victory without that happening.
    Obama was a disaster policy wise. His foreign policy was marked by embarrassing failure. Domestically all he did was pit one group against another. He was incompetent and indecisive.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (12-18-2021)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,211
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,934x in 18,179 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Obama was not praised for doing anything about the black unemployment rate. Just the opposite. Most people expressed didappointment over Obama's performance in that area.

I find the attempts by the left to revise history concerning the results of the Obama administration quite humorous. Obama was a horrible president.

Hope and Change died in 2014 and the marginal win was more about Romney being a dull RINO!

And one specific aspect was Obama's Open Border Policy taking away jobs and the sharing of social services money with illegals. That is why Trump gained record numbers with black citizen voters.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope and Change died in 2014 and the marginal win was more about Romney being a dull RINO!

And one specific aspect was Obama's Open Border Policy taking away jobs and the sharing of social services money with illegals. That is why Trump gained record numbers with black citizen voters.
    Lol…there never was an open border under Obama. I can’t believe people still believe that nonsense. Obama deported more people than any other president before him.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 702
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Jeb!'s Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,982x in 1,721 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And one reason I have been concerned about the Office becoming a "Feel good" about the President contest rather than the best Administrator for the job. I had early reservations about Trump's blunt manner myself, but I saw through that eventually compared to what Hillary would have been (A total handout job for Clinton and Obama cronies spanning over 20 years).
    I was for Cruz in the primaries because Trump lacked coherent stances on some issues. But I never bought into "neverTrump", particularly when some said Trump's not a conservative. I just thought, what does that make Bush and McCain, who were to demonstrably to the left of Trump on immigration? Trump's policies somewhat resembled the 1920's Republican party, not exactly as far in left field as they would claim. I still think to this day the people who created "neverTrump" were neocons who wanted Trump to lose to Clinton because he had some ideas that were threatening to liberal hegemony. Neocons, after all, were cultural liberals who never opposed the New Deal. Their idea of allowing Clinton to win and continue Obama policies was pretty sickening to me.
    I am the President-Elect of the United States.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeb! For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (12-18-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Semantic differences only. I see the Main Stream GOP as just another wing of the two party disaster. Then I see Libertarians as the answer. But all I really meant here was that trump is not really a republician.
    I get what your saying.

The same DC beltway crowd who opposed Goldwater, who opposed Reagan, and Trump will be at it again in 2024. They will throw money at some RINO like Jeb Bush while they trash Trump and Governor De Santis, or whoever looks like they have any independence.

And the Voters need to do the same as they did in the 2016 GOP primaries with a stage full of candidates and say NO to that!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump was not handed a booming economy. He was handed a underperforming economy. Obama was the only two term president who never saw at least 3% annual growth in GDP.

Trump did not shut down the US economy. Governors did that.

You go strictly of feelings.
    Lol..There’s some irony. Take a look at the economic facts. They show that key economic factors continued on the same trend as Obama’s last three years. Unlike Obama, Trump was handed an economy on an upward trend. Feelings have nothing to do with it.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Lol…there never was an open border under Obama. I can’t believe people still believe that nonsense. Obama deported more people than any other president before him.
    You deport those who cross the border illegally you moron, you talk about who was apprehended when open invitations by progressive Democrats were granted on mass. Like any "criminal" mob on the run you can always grab more people......

And show me where Biden is talking Border Security and apprehending illegals (not migrants) while you are at your history fail?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama was a disaster policy wise. His foreign policy was marked by embarrassing failure. Domestically all he did was pit one group against another. He was incompetent and indecisive.
    The fact that he was black is what some people see as divisive. Obama was far from a perfect president, but he was given an economic disaster and eventually pulled America out of it. He also faced unprecedented obstruction from Republicans, who would rather see Obama fail than see America succeed. Obama was the beginning of the Republican decline into hysteria, fear and delusion.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    Lol..There’s some irony. Take a look at the economic facts. They show that key economic factors continued on the same trend as Obama’s last three years. Unlike Obama, Trump was handed an economy on an upward trend. Feelings have nothing to do with it.
    Obama's record poor recession recovery was upward only in the sense of how long it took, no credit to poor policies that taxed, mandated, regulated, and outright punished economic success for political reasons. You can't argue Obama policy made that happen although try if you dare. And we see the same bad result with Biden today only far worse.

Don't forget I lived through Jimmy Carter and know the facts of the matter. Your entire Party is on very Thin Ice my friend so I would not brag too much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-19-2021)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You deport those who cross the border illegally you moron, you talk about who was apprehended when open invitations by progressive Democrats were granted on mass. Like any "criminal" mob on the run you can always grab more people......

And show me where Biden is talking Border Security and apprehending illegals (not migrants) while you are at your history fail?
    Lol….I’m guessing that you fell for the whole Trump wall ploy that Mexico was going to pay for. Damn, this hysteria and ignorance cracks me up.

+ Reply to Thread