User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The life-changing realizations people had while on psychedelics...

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,045x in 24,876 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink The life-changing realizations people had while on psychedelics...

The life-changing realizations people had while on psychedelics...

LSD.gif

Psychedelics
    have the power to be truly life-changing. Sure, they also have the power to make your cat resemble solid rock, but when you have a real breakthrough the effects can be transformative.

The current prime minister might still think that every single recreational drug is a “toxic scourge” on society, but those in academic circles are becoming increasingly aware of the therapeutic potential of psychedelics. Plenty of recent research has explored psilocybin’s efficacy in treating depression, while DMT trials in the UK are currently exploring the exact same thing. One study found that even bad trips have given people “life-altering insights.”

Realistically though, anyone who takes psychedelics (mushrooms, LSD, DMT etc) for recreational reasons could have told you the aforementioned for free. We spoke to some people about their one most important realisation while tripping. Some of their names have been changed to protect their identities.

4348e5e509b0a7e916d7967dc6db4f28.gif

Sumiyah, 24: ‘I cried like a baby’

5252269456_0f6f531729_o.gif

tenor.gif

Benjamin, 20: ‘It made me feel a lot more wanted’

source.gif

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dg9...n-psychedelics
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was even more life-changing for some was when they thought they could fly and attempted to do so out of a second-story window.

I've always been afraid of taking anything that would keep me from being in complete control.

The people in the article used it as a means of escape. Escape from reality. Escape from loneliness. Escape from their own limiting ideas.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    The life-changing realizations people had while on psychedelics...

Attachment 45597

Psychedelics
    have the power to be truly life-changing. Sure, they also have the power to make your cat resemble solid rock, but when you have a real breakthrough the effects can be transformative.

The current prime minister might still think that every single recreational drug is a “toxic scourge” on society, but those in academic circles are becoming increasingly aware of the therapeutic potential of psychedelics. Plenty of recent research has explored psilocybin’s efficacy in treating depression, while DMT trials in the UK are currently exploring the exact same thing. One study found that even bad trips have given people “life-altering insights.”

Realistically though, anyone who takes psychedelics (mushrooms, LSD, DMT etc) for recreational reasons could have told you the aforementioned for free. We spoke to some people about their one most important realisation while tripping. Some of their names have been changed to protect their identities.

Attachment 45598

Sumiyah, 24: ‘I cried like a baby’

Attachment 45599

Attachment 45600

Benjamin, 20: ‘It made me feel a lot more wanted’

Attachment 45601

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dg9...n-psychedelics
    Who needs psychedelics? Just take that last gif, zoom in on it, and hold it a couple of inches from your eyes. Far out man! Don't try this if you are prone to epileptic seizures, lol.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psychedelics are being researched now for treatment for addictions and mental illness. The key would be under a doctor's supervision, and knowing what the drug does to your brain chemistry since supplementation may be needed. MDMA was one of the first to be researched. But it almost completely depletes serotonin. If you can't correct that, your use of MDMA will make you depressed if you weren't already.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,092x in 12,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    What was even more life-changing for some was when they thought they could fly and attempted to do so out of a second-story window. ...
    Of course that's something we've been hearing since at least the '60s, but I was curious as to whether it has ever really happened - and if so, how often. I haven't found a great number of genuine news accounts of people trying to fly on LSD or other hallucinogens - as opposed to the usual urban myths about it - but it does appear to have happened at least once.

https://www.promisesbehavioralhealth...synthetic-lsd/

I might have tried in when I was younger, just out of curiosity, but I can't see the point in doing it now. I don't have a problem with depression, and my weirder dreams, the ones I remember, are the only "trips" I really need. If I ever did decide to try it, it would certainly be under the strictest of controlled situations, with someone I trusted implicitly standing by the whole time.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (01-06-2022)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,590x in 94,419 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During Project MKUltra a Canadian who was experimented on by the CIA with LSD reportedly tried to fly off a high-rise. But he could just as easily been a lose end that the CIA got rid of.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,654x in 2,195 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were a couple of these supposed incidents while I was following the Dead, after investigation, one was caused by other underlying circumstances (they were going to do it anyway; Hartford 83) one was straight up manslaughter (although with no consequences as far as I know; Giants Stadium 85 or 86) and one I witnessed, although it was a guy that climbed/fell down a wall and ended up almost going for a swim that would have eventually sent him over Niagra Falls, I must say luckily there were other heads around to climb down and help talk the dude down, and assist him back up to the bridge, we had to convince the local cops to back off and let us save him...they did, thank god (Niagra Falls 84).
    Last edited by jigglepete; 01-06-2022 at 03:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread