User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More COVID-19 spending? Democrats say it’s coming.....

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Which is what people are buying them for.
    Thanks . I thought they were simply being snobs.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,597
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,126x in 28,522 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Here ya go @carolina73, from the official 3M™ Health Care Particulate Respirator and Surgical Mask use instructions. Sorry man, what you're claiming simply isn't true. You've been misinformed.

Attachment 45990
    First note that both of us probably do not waste time wearing the masks for COVID.

So the people wearing these masks are using them as medical masks not as dust masks. Lowes does not carry medical masks

You have to look at how medical N-95's are handled and used since that is what they are to be used for.

During the spring of 2020 they did whatever they could to extend the life of the masks including using light and chemicals to sanitize the masks and then let them sit for days but those are the not normal process. They are made to be tossed. OGIS' wall of masks last year made us laugh but was actually served a purpose. medical people using mask twice had to sterilize them and then let them sit for days. Medical masks also come precoated with a anti-bacterial coating. Dust masks do not.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,802x in 13,695 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First note that both of us probably do not waste time wearing the masks for COVID.

So the people wearing these masks are using them as medical masks not as dust masks. Lowes does not carry medical masks

You have to look at how medical N-95's are handled and used since that is what they are to be used for.

During the spring of 2020 they did whatever they could to extend the life of the masks including using light and chemicals to sanitize the masks and then let them sit for days but those are the not normal process. They are made to be tossed. OGIS' wall of masks last year made us laugh but was actually served a purpose. medical people using mask twice had to sterilize them and then let them sit for days. Medical masks also come precoated with a anti-bacterial coating. Dust masks do not.
    You are correct, I only advocate the wearing of masks for sick, and vulnerable people. I recently had Covid, and had to go to the urgent care, and then the pharmacy, so, I wore an N95. The wearing of masks by anyone who isn't sick, and/or children, is unnecessary. I reject mask mandates of any kind. BTW, while I was sick, I wore a mask around my wife, and she never became infected. We live in a very small house with only one bathroom, so, I believe masks do have some utility.

But actually, for general use by sick, and vulnerable people, a medical grade mask is wholly unnecessary. Any non-vented N95 will do. The only difference between a surgical grade mask, and an industrial N95, is some protection against bodily fluid splash. Unless you are performing surgery, or a medical professional working with patients, they are unnecessary. Antibacterial agents are ineffective against viruses. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just want people to be informed.

Your point about proper sanitation and handling, is a good one. You should never put on or remove your mask without washing or sanitizing your hands. It's fine to reuse your mask, but you should rotate two or more masks, and allow a recently used mask to remain unused for a minimum of 24 hours. Masks are porous, and coronavirus doesn't live long on a porous surface. A wall o' masks is silly, and unnecessary.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,597
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,126x in 28,522 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    You are correct, I only advocate the wearing of masks for sick, and vulnerable people. I recently had Covid, and had to go to the urgent care, and then the pharmacy, so, I wore an N95. The wearing of masks by anyone who isn't sick, and/or children, is unnecessary. I reject mask mandates of any kind. BTW, while I was sick, I wore a mask around my wife, and she never became infected. We live in a very small house with only one bathroom, so, I believe masks do have some utility.

But actually, for general use by sick, and vulnerable people, a medical grade mask is wholly unnecessary. Any non-vented N95 will do. The only difference between a surgical grade mask, and an industrial N95, is some protection against bodily fluid splash. Unless you are performing surgery, or a medical professional working with patients, they are unnecessary. Antibacterial agents are ineffective against viruses. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just want people to be informed.

Your point about proper sanitation and handling, is a good one. You should never put on or remove your mask without washing or sanitizing your hands. It's fine to reuse your mask, but you should rotate two or more masks, and allow a recently used mask to remain unused for a minimum of 24 hours. Masks are porous, and coronavirus doesn't live long on a porous surface. A wall o' masks is silly, and unnecessary.
    Okay we disagree.

I also do not wear my same underwear for 30 days. Not ever if I air them out.

That goes double for something on my face.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,211
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,935x in 18,180 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the State of the Union is delayed until March 1st so the idiot Biden can tout a new massive COVID non-"Emergency" spending bill loaded up with Build Back Better BS?
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,802x in 13,695 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay we disagree.

I also do not wear my same underwear for 30 days. Not ever if I air them out.

That goes double for something on my face.
    A mask over your face is obviously different than one over your arse. I didn't say you had to wear it for thirty days, I said the manufacturer stated it could be used up to 30 days. But obviously your original claim was off by a mile. I've done demolition jobs where sweat and dust clog a mask in less than an hour.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    How many of the good citizens of the US are going to get the fitting instructions down pat?
    Dont know about good citizens but we do know the left doesnt like to follow rules.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    "6 trillion to offset economic impact and fight Covid"?
    How about making it possible to get a damn Covid test on the fly ?

How about give every American $2000? That would only cost $600 billion instead of 6 trillion.

I promise 2k-3k per capita would fix a lot of " impact ".
    Even 3k is still a few ticks shy of $1trillion
    Better than 6 trillion

How about try it my way with 1 billion.

If it does not get the desired results trim the other plan down to $5 billion

The other scenario puts us at$40 trillion debt

This country is in need of a series.of common sense fixes

Break big things down to smaller pieces and manage the problem

Why fight a huge bear when you can fight cubs instead ?
    And now Deviant Joe wants to give out free test kits and N95 masks. Knowing he can trick the leftness into believing they are free. Plus the rest of the Deviants wanting to get more stimulus money.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    And now Deviant Joe wants to give out free test kits and N95 masks. Knowing he can trick the leftness into believing they are free. Plus the rest of the Deviants wanting to get more stimulus money.
    I'm actually for the dementia
    Addled drooler to do a round of stimulus.
    He could send out 3k to every American for 1 trillion which is 5 trillion less than his idea of a 6 trillion $ Covid relief and economic impact fix em up

With 3k I could afford the limited edition skittles " the Crayon Martin " edition

No more cheap drankin whiskey and I can afford to buy my gf a new mop and broom for her birthday

She's outside diggin up worms for fishing or shed grab her suitcase,
    Wait on the front porch for Jesus and say "howdy."
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

MMC (01-20-2022)

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,380x in 27,946 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic in March of 2020, Congress has passed and two presidents have signed into law $6 trillion in spending to treat and test for the virus and offset the economic impact of lockdowns.

Democrats now believe even more funding is necessary.

In a press call with reporters this week, the No. 2 House Democrat told reporters the White House is expected to send a new emergency funding request to Congress.

“I expect there to be additional sums requested, substantial sums to be requested, to deal with and confront and try to contend with the coronavirus that has afflicted us now for almost two years,” said House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, a Maryland Democrat.

Hoyer said some of the emergency funding would be dedicated to testing, preferably for free, expanding vaccinations, and providing more money for schools.

The money would also provide vaccines to other countries where vaccination rates are low.

“To the extent that there are substantial portions of the global community that are not vaccinated and still vulnerable, this global virus will continue to mutate,” Hoyer said. “And that is a danger to every American."

When asked about the timing of the bill, Hoyer told reporters there's no firm deadline.
    "But it has an immediacy and an urgency that should compel us to move quickly," Hoyer added.....snip~

More COVID-19 spending? Democrats say it’s coming | Washington Examiner

The Deviants want double down on dumb and more inflation. Get more of their projects funded.

Democrats are not yet finished plundering the nation.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 01-19-2022 at 09:22 PM.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (01-19-2022),MMC (01-20-2022),Peter1469 (01-20-2022)

+ Reply to Thread