User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So where will the oil come from Joe?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Joe says we average $500 a month for electric bills in an effort to tell you how much we will save.

Who out there averages $500 for electricity every month. I never had a $500 electric bill.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...vings-83797748

President Joe Biden vastly overpromised Thursday when he told Americans they can expect savings of $500 a month by transitioning to renewable energy.

Because electricity is free? Solar panels are free? The batteries and convertors are free?
    I'm happy if it's just $500 a month. It rarely is anymore. Of course, this is Kansas where wind farms have caused electric bills to soar.

I would say Biden needs to come here and listen to what's happening. He wouldn't, of course, and even if he did, he's got so many people with agendas pushing his buttons that it wouldn't matter to him anyway.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-04-2022),montana (04-04-2022)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,510x in 14,774 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    And the US military.
    Yes and if big oil had to pay for that security the energy market would look quite different today

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I'm happy if it's just $500 a month. It rarely is anymore. Of course, this is Kansas where wind farms have caused electric bills to soar.

I would say Biden needs to come here and listen to what's happening. He wouldn't, of course, and even if he did, he's got so many people with agendas pushing his buttons that it wouldn't matter to him anyway.

Wait you pay 500.00 dollars a month electric? Please tell me that includes heat ? I'd be pissed in our combined E bill hit half that for two places. Only one lived in at a time.
    So you are penalized for the wind farms? I live in the Adirondacks where electricity is made and therefore should be cheap but we transport it hundreds of miles at ridulous loss instead. But if they raised it that high we burn the KV line down. Metaphorically of course.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Wait you pay 500.00 dollars a month electric? Please tell me that includes heat ? I'd be pissed in our combined E bill hit half that for two places. Only one lived in at a time.
    So you are penalized for the wind farms? I live in the Adirondacks where electricity is made and therefore should be cheap but we transport it hundreds of miles at ridulous loss instead. But if they raised it that high we burn the KV line down. Metaphorically of course.

No, we have LP gas heat.

Our electric rates have skyrocketed as a result of regional residents being charged for the cost of new transmission lines to bring wind farms to the grid.

We just installed smart, Ecobee thermostats to make sure we don't run the AC too much and we installed smart lights we can check from our phones to turn off. We have all LED bulbs. It's just ridiculous. It is a large house, but not that large.

The worst part is that there are people who truly can't afford to pay these high rates, and I'm afraid we're going to see more heat-related illnesses and deaths soon.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-11-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, we have LP gas heat.

Our electric rates have skyrocketed as a result of regional residents being charged for the cost of new transmission lines to bring wind farms to the grid.

We just installed smart, Ecobee thermostats to make sure we don't run the AC too much and we installed smart lights we can check from our phones to turn off. We have all LED bulbs. It's just ridiculous. It is a large house, but not that large.

The worst part is that there are people who truly can't afford to pay these high rates, and I'm afraid we're going to see more heat-related illnesses and deaths soon.
    Damn! Let me guess, somewhat rural area the politicians don't care about? This should be on FOX every day

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Damn! Let me guess, somewhat rural area the politicians don't care about? This should be on FOX every day

Yes, we're rural, but it's a lot more than that. We're in the Southwest Power Pool (SPP), which encompasses parts of 17 states. See the red area below.

Decisions made in the SPP are outside the scope of a lot of individual state actions.

In Kansas, we have the Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) that makes a lot of the decisions, such as whether to approve a new wind farm.

The KCC is under the gun because SPP rules allocate the cost of transmission lines based on their load size. Most wind farms require relatively minimal lines to reach the grid, so those costs are passed on to ratepayer in a smaller local region.

Currently, for about the last six years actually, Kansas has been making more wind energy than can be used because the grid doesn't accommodate it. They say the energy is "bottle necked."

So, we really don't need any more wind farms here, but a few years ago something else happened -- KCPL and Westar (two major Kansas utilities) merged into "Evergy" and went public. An aggressive hedge fund manager--Elliot Management--bought a large amount of stock in Evergy and has been pushing it to build more and more wind farms in Kansas. Elliot has had Evergy people fired and they've threatened to have the company sold. It was obviously a big mistake for Evergy to go public, but they did.

Evergy has become a snake and not because the people who work there are bad, but because Elliot is relentless.

My rural electric co-op buys power from Evergy and then tacks on their own operational fees. So, I'm in a high cost district. Still, my costs are not as high as other areas in Kansas.

I've submitted testimony for the past four years straight when the Kansas legislature has been in session. I've spoken many times to one member of the KCC who is trying to iron this out.

We need for the wind farms to stop. Just completely stop developing in Kansas. But, they won't. They pressure local commissions, threaten to sue them, and what makes it so bad is that they're hurting us while using our own taxpayer dollars to do it. Tens of thousands of people have joined anti-wind groups across the state, and we typically help small groups fund their legal fees, but EDF, NextEra, and others are paying their attorneys with taxpayer money. The way the wind companies are funded is outrageous but that's a story for another day.

LOL

See--you shouldn't get me going on this.

At any rate, we have local and state groups that have formed to help people who simply can't pay their electric bills, but it's a band-aid on a severed limb. We have to get some true relief and that can only come from legislation that stops the wind companies from running roughshod over us.

Big money moves beneath the surface with these companies. The energy industry has always had its share of corruption--and sometimes even organized crime--and now the wind companies are taking their place in that game.

I dunno. It's a bigger fight than most know and I've been fighting it for years now. Now, we're fighting against greenies who don't have a clue as to how many people they're hurting. They mean well, but they're inundated in the Eco-fantastic idea of renewable energy.

Oh well, that's my morning rant. I'm off to work...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-15-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we're rural, but it's a lot more than that. We're in the Southwest Power Pool (SPP), which encompasses parts of 17 states. See the red area below.

Decisions made in the SPP are outside the scope of a lot of individual state actions.

In Kansas, we have the Kansas Corporation Commission (KCC) that makes a lot of the decisions, such as whether to approve a new wind farm.

The KCC is under the gun because SPP rules allocate the cost of transmission lines based on their load size. Most wind farms require relatively minimal lines to reach the grid, so those costs are passed on to ratepayer in a smaller local region.

Currently, for about the last six years actually, Kansas has been making more wind energy than can be used because the grid doesn't accommodate it. They say the energy is "bottle necked."

So, we really don't need any more wind farms here, but a few years ago something else happened -- KCPL and Westar (two major Kansas utilities) merged into "Evergy" and went public. An aggressive hedge fund manager--Elliot Management--bought a large amount of stock in Evergy and has been pushing it to build more and more wind farms in Kansas. Elliot has had Evergy people fired and they've threatened to have the company sold. It was obviously a big mistake for Evergy to go public, but they did.

Evergy has become a snake and not because the people who work there are bad, but because Elliot is relentless.

My rural electric co-op buys power from Evergy and then tacks on their own operational fees. So, I'm in a high cost district. Still, my costs are not as high as other areas in Kansas.

I've submitted testimony for the past four years straight when the Kansas legislature has been in session. I've spoken many times to one member of the KCC who is trying to iron this out.

We need for the wind farms to stop. Just completely stop developing in Kansas. But, they won't. They pressure local commissions, threaten to sue them, and what makes it so bad is that they're hurting us while using our own taxpayer dollars to do it. Tens of thousands of people have joined anti-wind groups across the state, and we typically help small groups fund their legal fees, but EDF, NextEra, and others are paying their attorneys with taxpayer money. The way the wind companies are funded is outrageous but that's a story for another day.

LOL

See--you shouldn't get me going on this.

At any rate, we have local and state groups that have formed to help people who simply can't pay their electric bills, but it's a band-aid on a severed limb. We have to get some true relief and that can only come from legislation that stops the wind companies from running roughshod over us.

Big money moves beneath the surface with these companies. The energy industry has always had its share of corruption--and sometimes even organized crime--and now the wind companies are taking their place in that game.

I dunno. It's a bigger fight than most know and I've been fighting it for years now. Now, we're fighting against greenies who don't have a clue as to how many people they're hurting. They mean well, but they're inundated in the Eco-fantastic idea of renewable energy.

Oh well, that's my morning rant. I'm off to work...

Wow. I consider myself a reasonably well informed person but did not know about this or at least the extent. So basically no state authority has jurisdiction and the feds probably have hundreds of file cabinets full of data but don't do a damn things.
    So you are paying for investment more than for electricity?
    This must be frustrating as hell

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    That is the point. If the Dems get their way the US is ending the use of fossil fuels. Expect extreme poverty.
    Expect a rebellion and/or a civil war.

Democrats will soon be in season. No limit.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

donttread (04-15-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Expect a rebellion and/or a civil war.

Democrats will soon be in season. No limit.
    Want to change the whole course of this? The grass roots support, to the extent it exist, are people who couldn't go a day without a cellphone or a week without shopping, Starbucks or a year without flying somewhere. Find a way to get that things will be like without oil. Shutdown their cellphones for a week and they will no longer be green

+ Reply to Thread